Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 BoD Election Nominations

Posted by Eric Day 
Re: 2012 BoD Election Nominations
July 13, 2012 11:14PM
id be one but probably not qualified
July 15, 2012 06:30PM
Hey my name is Jacob brown, currently attending the university of mobile. I'm 22 years old and have recently developed a love for disc golf. Therefore I am throwing my name into the hat for the BoD. I started playing in January, 6 months ago and ever since then try to play 3 or 4 times a week. Although I am fairly new to the sport of disc golf, I've picked it up pretty quick and already share the same interests and a passion for the sport like many others here. I may be somewhat new to it but I have helped organize many tournaments, camps, clinics in many other sports such as soccer, baseball, and others. So I know how to assume a leader role in something. I am very hands on and strive to be involved in everything and help better the association. I actually am curretly putting on an unsanctioned disc golf tournament in Cullman Alabama on July 28th to try and get the city more involved in tournament play and just the game in general.The reasons for throwing my name in are not only for the love of the game and desire to help but also because I can sacrifice more time than most people. Being in college I only work part time so I have a lot of time on my hands to do whatever the association needed of me. Another reason that could be seen as working against me, but could also be a positive is the fact that I AM fairly new to SN. The reason I say that could be a positive is because I am not set in my ways about anything or have specific views on anything. I'm neutral and just want what's best for the organization. For example I don't hate the pdga or SN or think one is better than the other. If anyone has any questions for me feel free to Pm me. I'll be happy to talk.
Thanks

Jacob Brown
University of Mobile, Mobile Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 06:31PM by JBrowntown7.
July 15, 2012 06:42PM
Jacob great post! Take a look at the thread I posted called " Top 10 things SN could work on but" see what you think and if you could try those. I would find it and post it here but I'm on my mobile.
July 15, 2012 06:50PM
1 Website
> #2 Spelling of names? Give players an SN number
> that links them to their name. Save John K. from
> having to change them.
> #3 Online Registration through SN.........profit
> made can go to something! SNAC,SNPC,SNDC or
> something charitable.....
> #4 Sponsors (A way to earn money for something)
> #5 Insurance for events (This is begining to be a
> must in most parks) *Again, a way for SN to earn
> extra money for someting.
> #6 BOD (should Jim O. enter his name on the ballot
> and be officially on the BOD. Meetings, votes,
> etc. . )
> #7 Bag Tags? (Online record of who has them, how
> many they have, what locations are they in, how
> many sold updated on a bye weekly basis)
> #8 CFR Discs? Where can you get one these days and
> do we still have them?
> #9 Incentive, Incentive, Incentive to purchase a
> bag tag! (Can we get a disc with SN Logo on
> it???)
> #10 TD's of the SNDC, SNAC, SNPC need a list of
> how the Championship should be organized: Example:
> Points winners on Lead card in the beginning, BOD
> announcements, Champions are allowed to have an
> option to purchase the 1-10 Bag Tags, POY, etc . .
> . these are things I did not know about in 2009
> when I ran the SNPC. This list would've been
> helpful.
>
> BONUS #11.......SN points WINNERS. Should they
> receive a better gift for winning their division
> in points???? I say YES. That is a lot of driving
> and playing to earn points.
>
> BONUS #12......Ratings...........YES or
> NO.......Players vote and BOD figure out how to
> pay for if the vote is YES. The earned money above
> could help with this.
>
> END OF STORY This list in not in any particular
> order. If I missed something add it or comment on
> what is posted.
> But...........will it get done??????????
July 15, 2012 07:14PM
I think making a more attractive website, issuing every player an ID number, and adding a ratings system would make the SN far more organized and more attractive to sponsors. If the SN looked extremely professional and well run, getting sponsors would be alot easier. Getting an online registration would in my mind be huge. Maybe charge an extra 2 or 3 dollars to do so and have thy extra profit you earn go to the championships or whatever helps something. On bag tags. I actually was recently looking into them, and I agree there is honesty no point in buying one becausethere is no incentive for one. I agree with John k, think it was him, who suggested some perks in having a bag tag such as their own ace pot. There were a lot more, that is just one of them. I strongly agree with the two bonus ones. I like all ideas and am for every one of them. If I actually got on it I would push or every one of them. In my mind I want the SN to have as much recognition and respect as the pdga. The SN already hosts better tournaments from what I have seen so why not be better in other areas? Now that doesn't mean they should compete with each other, I think the two should use each other as motivation to be better.
July 16, 2012 11:26PM
Jacob, did you play in the first 2 events in Cullman?
July 16, 2012 11:44PM
i played in the second one, not the first. was in Mobile at that time
July 23, 2012 11:17AM
So when does voting for this begin?

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
July 23, 2012 11:23AM
I am not trying to cause any uproar but I was wondering why there was no BOD voting available at the SNDC? I thought it was at each championship. I normally would not say anything but I was harassed for allowing 20 people to call me with there vote that didn't have Internet access and there was 194 players this past weekend and no one was able to vote because it was not available. Was the process changed this year?
July 23, 2012 11:36AM
3.5.2 Votes will be accepted via e-mail, pm or other established means and must include full name of voter. No nicknames will be accepted (i.e. - Banger, Treeknocker, or T-bone). The candidates for the SNDG Board of Directors will be posted on the SNDG Forum.
3.6 Board Member Candidates
3.6.1 Voting for candidates to serve on the SNDG Board will begin July 1.
.6.2 Voting options will be made available at the SNDG Doubles Championship, SNDG Am Championship and the SNDG Pro Championship.
3.6.3 The SNDG Pro Championship second round two minute warning is the deadline for written ballots to be deposited in ballot boxes provided at the Championship.
3.6.4 The newly elected Board Members will be announced at the SNDG Pro Championship awards presentation and posted on the SNDG Forum.
July 23, 2012 11:43AM
I thought there was only 3 people running for 3 spots......What is the need to vote?

July 23, 2012 11:49AM
There are 4 running according to a post by Eric day
Anonymous User
July 23, 2012 05:11PM
LOL Hudd are you quoting the secret SN Handbook?

I'm not sure if those rules you are quoting mean a thing Zack, since they might never have been voted upon. Democracy in inaction at its finest LOL

Tell you what...can we put a referendum on this year's SN ballot to do away with the SN BoD altogether? We need to go back to the SN's initial government which was a one-man rule by the best of the best, our beloved Jim Orum. Or if Jim won't do it, put Kittrell in charge.

Can it hurt to try that at this point?
July 23, 2012 06:13PM
it starts August 1st. There is 4 as of right now

Jacob Brown
University of Mobile, Mobile Al
July 23, 2012 06:20PM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are 4 running according to a post by Eric
> day

We only have 3 as of now, 1 had to drop out do to job relocation.

I'm waiting for the rest of the board before the deadline is set, but it looks like the end of the month.
July 23, 2012 10:53PM
BOD Candidate

Tommy Browning
Hometown: Mobile, AL

Education:

Theodore High School 1990
University of South Alabama BS Business Administration (HR Management) 2003
Spring Hill College MAT Elementary Education 2010

Military Experience:

US Air Force Meteorologist 1997-2001

Current employment:

6th Grade Teacher for Mobile County Public Schools
Stagehand/carpenter for IATSE Local #142 hiring hall

Disc Golf Experience:

I've been playing since 1994 or whatever year Pulp Fiction came out. My brothers, Hanan and Justus, and my neighbors, Wendell and Eric Erdman, and I played multiple rounds every day that summer. I sure miss old Muni.

My first SN tournament was in 2005 in Athens, AL. I played a bit of pdga disc golf while living in Austin, TX around that time as well.

Service and Organizations:

Currently serving as the Chair for the board of trustees for IATSE Local #142.
Served as a committee member on the newly formed City of Semmes Annexation Committee last year.

Statement:

After having served in the military and holding leadership roles in various organizations, I have proven that I can work within a group to solve problems and tackle new issues.
July 30, 2012 09:00AM
When can we vote??my votes for T BO MAX
Anonymous User
July 30, 2012 09:19AM
I would like to nominate Brad Wells.
August 07, 2012 09:46AM
Who are the 3 out going members?

August 07, 2012 09:48AM
Probably the same people responsible for posting meeting minutes.....
Anonymous User
August 07, 2012 11:14AM
Leslie , Justin, Jamie
August 07, 2012 04:38PM
1 more day and this seasons BOD will be set.
Anonymous User
August 08, 2012 06:24AM
I nominate Zack Hudson , he also accepts.

An election will take place.

As Sims would say... pe@ce.
August 08, 2012 08:38AM
Zach Hudson for the BOD!!! He has accepted the nomination......election time!

August 08, 2012 09:55AM
Heck yeah! Thanks for stepping up Zach! Tell us a little about yourself.
August 08, 2012 10:21AM
My name is Zack Hudson . I am 42 years old and live in Pontotoc, Ms. I have been a resident there my entire life.
I have 1 son 17 years old.
I am an inventory control/cycle count supervisor for Tecumseh Products. I have been in iventory control for over 20 years.
I have been involved with disc golf for 11 years:
Served on the SN BOD 2005-2006
Have been the tournament director for several events including the 2005 SNPC, 2006 SNDC, also co-td the 2012 SNDC.
I have been involved in numerous course designs and played in over 100 events over the past 11 years.
I am also very active in my local club ( Tupelo Disc Golf Assn.)
August 08, 2012 01:07PM
Still about 11 hours left for anyone else, Justin is going to set up the online vote like last year.

Thanks for stepping up again Hudson.
August 08, 2012 02:35PM
Updated list on those running, nice to see this many running.

Tommy Browning
Robby Harris
Jacob Brown
Bill McCarty
Zack Hudson
August 08, 2012 05:15PM
Thanks to all of the candidates who have volunteered.

Now that we have choices, and without stepping on any current BOD member toes, I would like to know from each of the candidates of any relevant expertise and of any solid plans toward clear rule publication and easy web access to the current divisional status of SN players. These should be the top priorities of the next BOD IMO.
Anonymous User
August 08, 2012 05:54PM
Good question Jazz. However they don't have to have the experience if they know someone who can be appointed to do it for them. It's this wonderful solution called delegation. Good leaders don't try and do everything themselves; they identify problems and find solutions.

THE RULES ORACLE HAS SPOKEN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013