Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: 2012 BoD Election Nominations
April 16, 2012 10:24PM
We did, at the POG. Mike decided to see if he could take me. He quickly decided he could not. LMAO

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
Anonymous User
April 16, 2012 10:35PM
What? You were too worn out from having to play the long tees and we couldn't get you to put down the entire tray of Hooters wings you ate!
April 16, 2012 10:45PM
LOL, you have your story and I have the truth. LOL

April 16, 2012 10:46PM
and it was the Jambalaya I enjoyed the most. Don't get me wrong the Hooters' wings are always good. LOL

Anonymous User
April 17, 2012 06:58AM
Actually here is a picture of what happened

Took a while to get you to cough me up.
April 17, 2012 05:31PM
k_rob007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL, you have your story and I have the truth. LOL

Like I said, nothing really changed around here. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
April 19, 2012 07:12PM
I think whoever goes on the board this time needs to be someone who is willing to go beyond managing the status quo and take the leadership to take some serious projects from start to finish. To do that, they will need to be able to bring in off the board talent that will dedicate some of their time and talents to improving the business aspect of the SN Series. People that are needed will have to have vision, the ability to build consensus, and who will initiate and execute high level projects while maintaining the flow of the series.

So, who comes to mind?

Is Doug Trantham eligible?
April 19, 2012 09:04PM
Doug would be a great addition to the BOD! Question is will he do it?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
April 23, 2012 08:24AM
At this time, I feel that my efforts to move SN forward would be stalled. I have been on here spelling out ideas and promoting new ways to improve this series. Comments are positive for sure, but also have been said that SN is not ready for them yet.
I am also the person that would want things to be done ASAP. It doesn't seem to be the case here either. I do feel I would have great ideas and make a change for the good. I do promote disc golf in all aspects and trying not to be bias to either issue. Meaning: I promote SN and PDGA all the same. I do not have a deep history in either series and don't bother with what happened so much in the past. I would love for a young man or young woman to receive a spot to participate at a PDGA Worlds. I think SN has great incentives for the players as well, but I stress an improvement needs to occur. I do have my hands full with trying to promote the NPCtour and getting qualifiers on board. Having players participate in the NPC Champs will hopefully be worth your time and drive. Again here is a list of things that come to mind for SN.

#1 Promotion! There is no promotion going on for SN anywhere. Our website has no pictures, businesses, ads, articles, etc. . . . A players comes to this site and will see a forum. How about an Ad about the SNPC, SNAC, SNDC on the live broadcast of discgolfplanet.tv when they are filming a live show?

#2 Insurance for events! This is the new age of parks and rec departments. They are cracking down on this. I get insurance for a PDGA event. I can pay $50 for a C-Tier, $75 for a B-Tier, $100 for an A-Tier *If I need proof of insurance to give to the parks department, it cost another $50* The PDGA pays around $25 per event sanctioned so look at the profit made. I checked up on this and called their insurance company. They pay a yearly premium based on the fact that they have so many events annually. SN could make profits here as well.

#3 Sponsors: Do you realize how much money SN loses each day by not having sponsors? Set up a monthly plan with companies and post sponsors on the front page or header or footer of this website! $25-$125 a month based on the site traffic certain pages receive. Believe me, dgcoursereview and pdga.com is reaping those benefits.

#4 SN points winners: Need I say more? These guys work too hard in earning those points and travel hundreds of miles to win this award. I cannot even say its prestigious until something is worth receiving. $12 per disc with their name on it. Yes the cost adds up and can be expensive. Read #3 and #4 to figure out how to recoup the cost. These players need something better than a hot stamp disc! Time to step up SN and move forward.

Guys just read my thread on TOP 10 things SN needs to improve on............I am positive it will make a difference in a good way.

Thanks

Doug
April 24, 2012 07:45PM
I understand, Doug. I was just thinking that if you and Robby Harris made it onto the board together, then maybe a lot of great things could be accomplished.
April 24, 2012 07:48PM
Who's running so far?

[www.facebook.com]
April 24, 2012 09:19PM
No one has committed yet Keith. Remember you do not have to be nominated to run, simply let me know via pm, email, or on the thread.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2012 03:20AM
5 days left to fill 3 seats with no one running. I don't believe election is the correct word for what we have here.

I'll run for $50 and free entry into a SNC.

Doug and myself have brought up advertising time after time and I've mentioned a new website but year later we still sit with what we had a year ago...

The only thing that got accomplished this year is a SNDG shirt.
April 25, 2012 05:13AM
Robby harris
April 25, 2012 06:17AM
Thanks for all the kind words, after thinking about this a week or so ive decided to accept the nomination and maybe can better this series i love. Also id like to nominate lloyd wilkins to run, cmon lloyd lets do this!!!

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
April 26, 2012 05:38PM
Awesome Robby, I'm very happy to here your running.
May 02, 2012 06:18PM
Great Robby I think you'd be wonderful!

And just for the record the current board is a forward thinking, positive, and cooperative board. Our meetings are productive and on point, and the 3 that will be staying were great to work with as were the 2 gentlemen outgoing with me!

So come on nominations and electees:)
June 04, 2012 04:41PM
Just Robby so far?

[www.facebook.com]
June 04, 2012 05:46PM
I don't wanna run if no one is going up with me.....

2011 Adv Points Champion
June 05, 2012 05:36AM
It would be Robby and Tommy Browning so far.
June 05, 2012 05:43AM
T_Bo_Max [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: Call Out To All Those Who Want To Help The SN Grow!
May 01, 2012 09:54PM IP/Host: 166.147.113.224
I will run. My name is Tommy Browning.
Anonymous User
June 07, 2012 11:08AM
Looks like no phone in votes will be needed.
June 08, 2012 01:57PM
how many votes did you have when you got on the BOD Dillon?
Anonymous User
June 10, 2012 12:21PM
More than you.
June 11, 2012 12:38PM
i would hope so...i didn't run...voting for yourself doesn't count
June 11, 2012 02:49PM
There is still time to run for the SN BOD seats available this year.

Current people running for seats...

Tommy Browning
Robby Harris
Josh Price
June 11, 2012 10:20PM
Board of Director nomination example

I posted this because this is something similar to what I would like SN to get to, but I wanted to add a picture to the name. Regardless, some kind of stats as to why or what you will bring to the table as being a BOD.

Again, I stressed in another thread that most of us players who never know who you BOD are, would easily walk by you in an event not even knowing that your on the Board. It is a simple way of promoting and socializing yourself to the public of SN right?
June 12, 2012 06:05AM
Robby "big red" Harris lol

Born December 31st 1982

Education Tupelo High School

Profession went from OTR truck driver to local truck driver (8yrs. Also been a float in various furniture factories.

Disc Golf Experience been playing since 2008, was on the TDGA board as sgt @ arms now as Vice President. Has been the td of the Tupelo Fall Classic for past 2yrs, April Fools Fling past 2yrs, as well as this yrs SNDC, bringing added sponsor $ for those 5 tournaments to around 14k. Won the 2011 adv points championship as well as am player of the year.

Statement- Hi I'm Robby Harris, I alongside a select few have brought what we think tournaments should be like back to the Tupelo area, I'm excited to have the same chance helping the SN where help may be needed.

This good for ya Doug? :-)

2011 Adv Points Champion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 06:06AM by RobbyHarris.
June 12, 2012 07:56AM
Robby-

That is fantastic. You hit it on the nail. Keep up the solid work cause it's people like you who will make a difference.
June 20, 2012 01:56PM
Robby i would like to join ya but i will have to decline. Our club just keeps growing and growing. The free time I have go towards our club as i am the club president. I feel that Robby would lead the SN in the right direction. Best of luck to ya.

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013