Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Doubles 2013 Championship

Posted by pbgolfpb 
Doubles 2013 Championship
June 03, 2012 12:42PM
We are asking for your thoughts!!

A bid for the doubles championship has been put in and requested to be run July 6th and 7th. Not this year, 2013 Doubles Championship. Normally held the 3rd or 4th weekend of July. What do you playersor TD's think. Normally the double runs around the same time as Worlds. This date this would not conflict with any major events and any normal SN Events in the year 2013!

The BOD mostly feels that these dates are ok, but before we made the switch that year, we wanted to get players input.

thanks,

Patrick B.
Re: Doubles 2013 Championship
June 03, 2012 05:19PM
Ok, since it is our bid being discussed, I wanted to explain why we chose that weekend -

1. Moving it away from PDGA Worlds keeps the SN players from having to decide between one of OUR championships and a PDGA major event. I would also like to promote this event in East Texas and Houston as well as the traditional SN territory and having it the same weekend as Worlds makes the SNDC much less appealing to those players.

2. Hurricane season hasn't usually ramped up in early July, giving us one less thing to have to worry about.

3. July 4th falls on Thursday in 2013. I know that everybody doesn't have that day off of work, but for the ones that do, taking a vacation day on Friday the 5th gives them a five day weekend. Lafayette is at the extreme Southwest corner of SN land and I thought players would appreciate a weekend with potentially some extra time to travel and preview the courses.

Thanks to Pat and the board for their consideration.
June 03, 2012 06:05PM
I think it is a great idea. Except for the people that may travel to see family during the 4th of July. They might would rather spend that time with them

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Anonymous User
June 03, 2012 06:22PM
Makes sense to move it away from Worlds. I actually prefer the holiday weekend timing myself. Go Lafayette!!!
June 05, 2012 07:04AM
That sounds awesome Jacques, let's do it!!
June 05, 2012 07:36AM
Do it
June 12, 2012 05:06PM
Guys and gals, you do not want to miss this event!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

jcb
Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013