Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Outdoor Fest / Ace Race

Posted by MileNorthDiscgolf 
Outdoor Fest / Ace Race
June 06, 2012 09:14PM
Hello everyone,

Mile North Disc Golf would like to invite everyone out to our first Annual Outdoor Fest at Fairhope Municipal Park on August 25, 2012 -

There will be activities for the whole family some of which will include:

Baldwin Humane Society Pet Adoption Day
Blood Drive - LifeSouth is bringing out their Blood Mobile
Skate Board Competition
Open Mic- If you are a band, singer, comedian, poet or whatever...here's your chance to have an audience
Live Band/s
Arts & Crafts / Vendor Booths for shopping
Food & Drinks

Oh, I almost forgot - There will also be an Discraft Ace Race - Mile North Disc Golf and Fairways of Fairhope are teaming up to put on a great Ace Race for everyone.

This is the first ever official event organized by Mile North Disc Golf. We are going to do everything we can to make it the best we possibly can by providing activities for EVERYONE - Helping out some good Causes - and sharing the sport of Disc Golf with a lot of new people.

Whether you are a spectator, a contestant, want to purchase a vending booth, or be a sponsor ....we hope to see you there!

There will be more events added to the days agenda as we move forward- visit facebook.com/milenorthdiscgolf to stay updated.

By the way - I am really late saying this- But Smackdown was our first ever big event to attend - It was BOSS and a huge inspiration to us- Thanks for that awesome experience!

Steven Street
Mile North Disc Golf
(251) 234-0269

www.facebook.com/milenorthdiscgolf
Re: Outdoor Fest / Ace Race
June 07, 2012 07:01AM
Will the players be provided with some discs in players packs for the "Ace Race"?
June 07, 2012 07:31AM
Yes, an Ace Race is a tournament where you are given two prototype discs and those are the only discs you use. You also will get a small bag ( usually holds about 5 discs ), possibly a mini also. Usually player packs are worth about $50 and entry is usually $25. The course is shortened and the only thing that scores is Metal ( you hit metal ) or Aces. Person with most metal and aces wins the Ace race tournament.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
June 13, 2012 03:57PM
Sounds like fun. I don't know how many "Aces" I will get though when I am trying to get them. I have had 5 "Aces" in my disc golf career and none of them I was like, "Alright, I'm going to try to get an 'Ace' right here and then hit it". Maybe I will have some to come like that....it would be nice. :)
July 17, 2012 03:17PM
Just a reminder that everyone is invited to the Ace Race - August 25, 2012 - Fairhope Municipal Park

For your additional enjoyment there will be Live entertainment - Arts and Crafts Vendors - Skateboard Competition - Huge Pet Adoption - and Life South Blood Drive - There will also be a DJ putting out some good music around the Skate Park Area -

On the Same day we are having a Putting Championship - $10 to enter - 1st place takes it all - You got what it takes?

We are also looking for anyone that would be interested in sponsorship - We are providing FREE BOOTH space to all businesses and artists.

Come check it out!

www.airfestinfo.com

facebook.com/airfestinfo

Steven Street
Mile North Disc Golf
251-234-0269
July 25, 2012 08:28PM
Discraft Ace Race, August 25th Starts at 9.entry fee of $25 must be prepaid by august 10th in order to get players packs in on time. You may register at Mile North Disc Golf (One mile north of the Fairways of Fairhope) Building D Suite 7, Monday to Friday 6-9 PM Saturday and Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM Or at The Fairways of Fairhope Sunday Random Doubles that starts at Noon, Also on Wednesday Night Doubles starting at 6
July 31, 2012 09:10AM
K-Rob/BamaJim

Just so peeps on here know, this years players pack doesn't have the small bag like last years. Each year the players pack is a bit different depending on the help Discraft gets from other vendors. This years players pack has 2 Z-plastic hybrid (fairway/midrange) drivers, a pair of UV sunglasses, mini, aluminum beverage container and a DISCARAFT sticker. I'd hate for folks to show up expecting a small disc bag as stated above and not get one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 09:11AM by Joe_Kool.
July 31, 2012 09:41AM
Joe,

Great clarification- I had not remembered that poster had put that.

Also, a lot of people are saying they may or may not be available that day and if they register but then are not able to play can they still get their player's package- YES - Once you sign up you will get your player's package whether you play or not- It is your responsibility to come and get it, but its yours.

Thanks again Joe!!

Steven Street
Mile North Disc Golf
251-234-0269
July 31, 2012 09:58AM
No worries ... they only recently announced exactly what was going to be in the players packs ( on our about 26 July if I remember right) so there were very few details out there on exactly what it was going to be. They do that every year, espicially for the discs. They wait till the last week or two in July so it's a suprise for everybody.
August 10, 2012 08:35AM
I see today is the deadline, so I'd like to play what do I need to do?

Pdga #53197 Scott Addicks
August 10, 2012 09:41AM
Scott,

The easiest solution is by phone with a credit card-

I am in and out of meetings all day- so if you would like to do it by phone then text me at 251-234-0269 and let me know you want to register by phone and I will call you at the earliest time possible.

Thanks.

Steven Street
Mile North Disc Golf
251-234-0269
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013