Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I got robed. Whats your call.

Posted by randeye1 
Re: I got robed. Whats your call.
June 22, 2012 04:24PM
Thank you for your kind words, Laura. I was lucky, that's all: lucky to live near to Bud Hill, lucky to play with a great group of folks and lucky to be able to hurl a disc at age 60.

Gary
Anonymous User
June 22, 2012 07:00PM
Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fantastic delusions are highly underrated Bluff,
> just like multiple personalities, fable rules and
> the subtle humor you have such mastery of. BTW,
> how's the coup coming? Do we have to wait 2 years
> for that too?

Oh, you said coup? I thought you said soup...you won't have to wait for that. I'll be right back with a bowl

June 22, 2012 08:44PM
Laura,

Even though I may have shot the best round of my life, I still didn't show a "1" in on my score card like you did.

Congratulations on that,

Gary
June 22, 2012 10:26PM
Bluff, don't act like you don't remember the coup you announced. Conveniently you mentioned your coup in the "secret vault" shrouding the new handbook.

<[www.sndg.org];

Break it down for me at the Tomato Toss tomorrow and save the soup for the Ice Bowl.
June 23, 2012 11:46PM
TD's have some leeway here!

USUALLY a division must have three players, BUT, we have ALWAYS allowed less for the women, or at least I have.

You can allow two player divisions, but they have to either play with another person, or persons, to turn in a valid scorecard. And official COULD walk with the m tokeep score, but we hardly ever have an extra offical around when you need one.

If it had been me, They would have had to play with at least one other player but I wouyld have allowed the division!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
June 26, 2012 02:01PM
guess it's better than being dis-robed
July 13, 2012 04:12AM
If a division is offered and there is a trophy, then the TD should keep that division open. The rule says that if a certain division is not offered prior, and three or more players wish to play in that division, then the TD should create that division for them, even if there is not a trophy available and the sanctioning body does not recognise and award points for that division. ROBBED.
July 13, 2012 07:55AM
There was only 2 people wanting in that division if i remember correctly....NOT ROBBED.

Highlander Wrote:
> If a division is offered and there is a trophy,
> then the TD should keep that division open. The
> rule says that if a certain division is not
> offered prior, and three or more players wish to
> play in that division, then the TD should create
> that division for them, even if there is not a
> trophy available and the sanctioning body does not
> recognise and award points for that division.
> ROBBED.
July 14, 2012 07:14PM
I misunderstood. If the division was not offered, then no, TD didn't have to create one for just two players.
August 09, 2012 09:42PM
I have allowed short disvisions to be played on many occasions. As long as there are three players on the card, no matter what divisions they are playing, it is a valid scorecard.

It is the TD's option to allow this, but I would ike to see anyone who comes be able to play in their prefered division.

Just sayin'

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
August 09, 2012 10:53PM
I am not up to date on the Southern Nationals Handbook yet, but I do know that the PDGA does not require you to have 3 players in a division to make said division. I had two Advanced Masters last weekend play and they were perfectly fine with that. I just added an Advanced player to them and after round one, I put the lowest Advanced Player on their card. It seemed to be just fine.
The division is up to the TD to offer I believe, but could be wrong on that call. If the TD didn't want to offer this division then so be it. NO more arguing on this issue.
August 16, 2012 11:27AM
Yes Doug, I agree. It seems to be totally up to the TD to make the call. I've played Master Women as the only player without being bumped up and made to join the Pro Women, but I've also been made to play Pro Women when there were only two Master Women. That was two different TD's different calls. One the second occasion, they even had a plaque made for Master Women, but our scores still went under ProW.... figure that one out! I guess he didn't want to payout another division. My personal belief is don't advertise a division that you don't intend to payout. But that's just My Opinion.
August 16, 2012 11:39AM
It is entirely up to the TD but notice must be given if specified divisions of 3 or more are not going to be offered.
August 16, 2012 12:41PM
It is also helpful if the 2 players knowing they will be there pick up the phone and contact the TD PRIOR to the event so they are aware of what will occur should a third individual in that division not show to play......

That'd be a lot better than hanging these issues on the TD - (s)he's got plenty on his/her plate already.....

And I agree with McCarty - most TDs will make exceptions for the ladies and novice and jr divisions just because we (TDs) want to continue to encourage sport and series growth......

It's real easy to point out what could've been done better - especially by those with no "skin in the game"......Peace, Griff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2012 12:42PM by bryan griffin.
August 16, 2012 01:08PM
This should be up to the TD. I volunteered to TD a couple of tournaments in Gulfport several years ago, and there weren't a lot of people willing to play in 105 degree weather. So, there was one open player and one pro master. There was a plaque and prize money involved, We talked about it and agreed on a solution. In my opinion, if only one or two guys show up for a certain division, they compete in that division with much better odds of winning. Especially when prizes are involved. They still have to play the same course, with the same conditions as everyone else. They drove to the tourney and paid their money, just like everyone else. I've seen many times when pros only had a few people and the winner got less money than 3rd place in masters. It happens. Are you not going to have an Open division because of only having 2 players? Not a chance. Give the man his due. He showed up, which was more than others could say.
August 16, 2012 03:16PM
If you play Open, then you have no choice to move down because that is the top division and once you cash you have to compete in it for the next 4 tournaments.Pro masters and grandmasters can move to open and still be eligable.
August 16, 2012 03:22PM
I have to say that I was moved to a different division at a tournament once. I was moved AFTER I had paid my entry. If I had known before I signed in, I would not have played in said tournament.
Anonymous User
August 16, 2012 08:27PM
hobbit489 Wrote:
> Who put a robe on you, Randeye?

One of the funniest posts all year.
August 17, 2012 01:36PM
"Why would someone want to insult" gets my vote!
August 19, 2012 08:49PM
I don't play many tournaments anymore, but when I do, I try to hit the ones that normally have at least three or four PGMs. NO reason to spend a boatload of money to travel and donate.

rWc3523
August 25, 2012 08:36AM
bump

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013