Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mango is giving away a Innova DiscCatcher Pro

Posted by The Parker 
Mango is giving away a Innova DiscCatcher Pro
July 04, 2012 12:16PM
Mango Classic 2012 & Sponsorships

We know that this post is very early for our event in October but we want to be sure that everyone has a chance to win.

Mango Disc Golf Club is going to give away a Innova Disc Catcher Pro a $400 value at the October event. We are going to have a CTP for it and you have a chance to win.

Visit any of our sponsors and make a purchase, get and save the receipt and for each one you have you will get one/two throws. How many will you have? (Sponsors listed on the event website)

This will work very well for our local players but/and if you are out of town you can find a sponsor and then support them. Example: Randy Reynolds says he will get the Zackbys in Mobile to be a sponsor, then each time he eats there he will earn one throw to win the basket. Do you know someone who will sponsor? Do you need a quality basket?

These sponsors will be recognized on our web site from July 1, 2012, on the tee signs and event tee shirts. Promotion will run from July 1 to October 13, 2012.

Team Mango will add all of the receipts and let your sponsor know what there sponsorship brought them in terms of business from disc golfers. This is another attempt to bring value to disc golf to our sponsors thus making it easier to obtain them as a sponsor again in the future, and to give you a basket. (1st was the La Quienta 10% discount)

This promotion is not to replace our fund raising from the Clubs and you can be sure that as we get closer to October we will ask for the traditional sponsorships that we do for other SN events.( tee signs, tee shirts, etc)

$100 sponsorship = 1 earned throw per purchase

$200 sponsorship = 2 earned throws per purchase

And so on - a $500 sponsorship would be worth 5 throws for each recipt

Only one receipt per sponsor per day

Need more information? PM me or email us at discparker at yahoo.com
Mango Classic Updates

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
Anonymous User
Re: Mango is giving away a Innova DiscCatcher Pro
July 04, 2012 08:03PM
Sounds like a great idea Steve. Almost wish I had thought of it!
July 04, 2012 11:36PM
^^^^^^What he said. I think this is a fantastic idea and what a great way to boost sponsors moral when they see this happening. Maybe even try to add a 10% discount at the store for the players who come in. Somehow link them to your event by using a unique word like "Mango Classic" to let the Manager know it was disc golfers who came in.

Incentives, Incentives, Incentives............I like it.
July 05, 2012 10:22AM
Thanks for the kind words! Means alot coming from the two of you!

Forgot to mention - think about businesses that disc golfers would support. Liquor stores, subways or others might be better than Real Estate companies, Car lots etc. We are trying to bring value to the sponsors so that they will continue to support our sport. When we can bring value to the sponsors we will see more sponsors wanting to be involved thus moving the sport that we love forward. Keep the PM's coming and lets find some sponsors!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 05, 2012 12:08PM
Sky South is a sponsor - must buy from the store not at a tournament event. Thanks Jim!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 05, 2012 12:50PM
Do e-bay purchases count for Sky South?
July 05, 2012 01:17PM
I could live with that. So - Ebay purchases will count!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 05, 2012 05:03PM
steve it all sounds great; you are going about this in all the correct ways; let me know when your heading over this way; im thinking about vac. over your way i will call u before i come; tell vita star that uncle mike's coming to see her soon.
July 06, 2012 05:25PM
crafty....

BMB
July 09, 2012 11:45AM
Ace Hardware in Fort Walton Beach is a sponsor for the Mango Classic - buy your plastic there and try to win the basket.

Islanders on the beach in Fort Walton Beach is also a sponsor - buy your beach products on line or in person and earn throws for the basket.
Great store check it out Islanders Surf and Sport

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 19, 2012 03:20PM
Helen Back all locations - Buy a large pizza at regular price and receive a free pitcher of Domestic draft or soda!"

Save those receipts for a chance at the basket...

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

jml
July 19, 2012 04:43PM
so we get these discounts if we mention "mango classis disc golf" correct? Just to get the word out to the locals.
July 25, 2012 09:19AM
Yes - at this point it is just Helen Back that has offered something extra for the players. We are contacting all the sponsors to see what we might get them to offer in a way of discounts. Also, it has been decided that it will be a raffle instead of a throw off because of PM's that have said that it is not fair to the players that are not as good to compete with advanced or better players in a CTP type of format. We are updating the Mango Classic web page and will publish more information, specials and sign up information by weeks end.

Here is information about the basket give away:

Mango Disc Golf is giving away a free Innova Pro DiscCatcher basket and you can win it BUT do not need to be present to win.
Visit any of our sponsors in person or online and support them for supporting our tournament. Save your receipt(s) - scan and email them to
themangoclassic at gmail.com or fax them to (850) 243-6408 to be entered. We will draw a name at the Mango Classic and announce the winner.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to leave include your name, a phone number, and email address. If you are not at the event to claim your basket we will ship it to you but you will be responsible for the shipping cost.

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested in supporting this event please let us know -
Here is a script we are using to obtain sponsors - we hope that you might be able to use it also.

Mango Disc Golf and the 2012 Mango Classic

Fastest growing family sport in the World

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 25, 2012 03:07PM
Ace Hardware just added a 15% discount on all disc and disc golf accessories - you can print off the coupon from the Mango Classic info page.

Mango Classic 2012

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

July 27, 2012 10:03PM
All I can say is mango mango. This is going to be a tournament that everyone is going want to be a part of. The second year and its going to be a 10,000 dollar tourny. Your going to get a players pack thats going to worth more than your entry fee. How sweet its that. This is going to be the tournament that everyone has been waiting for. Alot.of people aren't ready for steves ideas but his ideas are exactly what the sport of discgolf was been waiting for.
This tournament is going to change discgolf in a positive way and bring in big sponsorship not big but BIG SPONSORSHIP in the future. It dosnt matter where you live if go out and get a sponsor
That you go to often you get a raffle ticket for every rec. you have. Then he will show that sponsor what kind of money we as discgolfs bring to them. What an idea. Steve hollis is what discgolf has been waiting for.
BOOOOOOOOOOM

RANDEYE
pdga#7250
July 28, 2012 12:49PM
Wow... This is amazing... The start of something brilliant I believe...

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
July 29, 2012 06:24PM
New sponsor - Beach Liquors in Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Crestview and Destin FL - buy your liquor from them and earn an entry for each receipt for purchase to win the basket. Please support our sponsors and there has to be one or two of you that drink. :)

I might suggest pilling up on entries we have some surprises and there will be more prises added to raffle - you won't want to be left out of this!

Thanks for the kind words - lets see if we can live up to the hype. Mango, Mango!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 07, 2012 11:54AM
Added - Two 1 Troy oz. .999 Fine Sliver Rounds
to the "Support our Sponsors" raffle...

Depicting the World famous Durango / Silverton Narrow Gauge Train

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 15, 2012 10:24AM
Remember that online purchased and a reciept will enter you into the Mango Classic "Support or Sponsors" raffle Who will win the Innova Discatcher Pro Basket and/or the .999 Silver Rounds? All the information is on the website

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 15, 2012 10:32AM
awesome! what is date of tourney?

August 16, 2012 10:41AM
Mango Classic

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 17, 2012 06:09PM
Here is another place to Support our Sponsors and have a chance to win one of the prizes:

Buffalo Wild Wings in the Fort Walton Beach - Uptown Station on Eglin Pkwy.

We have 5 more - just waiting for their checks before posting them.

For the person who PM me about the fact that this is not fair because only the Ft Walton Beach/Destin players have a chance to support the sponsors ... Go out and find a sponsor in your area to support, save the reciepts and get entered.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 20, 2012 09:39PM
Great Job Steve!

August 21, 2012 08:20PM
keith u coming
August 23, 2012 03:52PM
Lets add the Buffalo Wild Wings in Panama City Beach at Pier Park - for those golfers in Panama City.

Time for some wings, sports, & girls! Save the receipts and win a basket.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 23, 2012 04:01PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> keith u coming
It's hard for me to get away 2 weekends in 1 month, with the howler the same month I don't think I can....gota work some time...

August 23, 2012 05:13PM
o.k. friend; maybe i will see you at the howler then.
Anonymous User
August 23, 2012 07:09PM
I'll be there Mr. Sidebottom so at least one person there will like you!
August 24, 2012 05:21PM
More chances to get qualified for the Sponsor Support prizes - lets add the Subway on Eglin Pkwy near the Ferry Park course. Look for 4 more Subways to be added early next week.

Lets also add Anglers @ the pier on Okaloosa Island.

For those Ft Walton Beach / Destin players please support our sponsors, make a choice when eatting or buying plastic, or liquor and support our sponsors - hope the basket or silver coins go home with you.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 25, 2012 08:32AM
bump

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013