Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

pdga vs sndg?

Posted by JBrowntown7 
Re: pdga vs sndg?
July 11, 2012 12:07PM
however if sndg did do it. the main thing is dont charge people an extra 10$ for not being a member. That crap is annoying
July 11, 2012 12:58PM
Ratings
PDGA does them. SN has a "Score" that has sort of the same player skill function but really not comparable to PDGA ratings in any significant way I can detect. I don't actually know how the SN score is done but it does not address course difficulty like PDGA ratings do. The only reason the SN does not generate ratings comparable to the PDGA is they are not worth the effort/cost, just like Eric said. If anyone wants to prove me wrong by doing them I'll be glad to tell you exactly how and I have many times already.

Division size disparity - Int vs. Adv
I've made no study of whether the PDGA and SN differ in this regard. The SN has a problem with it. There is an easy fix but no TD yet has had the cojones to do it. The fix is to sign them all up under the same terms and put the best scoring Int in the payout padded Adv division after the first round so that the two divisions are of equal size. No rule changes would be required. I don't know if it is a good idea but it is doable and a guaranteed solution to that problem.

Due to the SN series we have a much easier, cheaper, more relaxed and arguably more fun way to experience tournament play than if the only available sanctioning body was the PDGA.
July 11, 2012 12:59PM
people offered to do it cheap. If there is a rating system and memberships you would have to have non membership fees. That would force people to get a membership for the rating. What if all of the baggers do not get a membership for the ratings like pdga? they can bag all day long...I think it would be better just to add it on like SN fees like mentioned earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 01:13PM by dustin morris.
July 11, 2012 04:22PM
There is no perfect formula. But it's better than nothing. Ratings would help. I'd personally do it for cheap if I knew how. And on the people still bagging by not buying a membership how about say you must pay this such and such amount your first tournament. That can be their so called membership fee. I say just force people. Ratings improve the game so why be against it
Anonymous User
July 11, 2012 05:20PM
It was going to be offered for cheap, like .25 a player per tournament and the money raised was going to go toward the guys tournaments that he runs. I mean I don't see why not, not like we see half of our SN fees money anyways anymore...
July 11, 2012 05:40PM
Main thing is. We talk about it all the time but it seems like no one tries to actually do it lol.
July 11, 2012 05:47PM
Like Dillon said. I offered to do it at .25 cents a player per tournament with all monies going into payout at my tournaments. And still will do it. But if .25 is too much then I'm not sure it will happen
July 11, 2012 06:21PM
"I mean I don't see why not, not like we see half of our SN fees money anyways anymore..." <<<incorrect statement

Dillon, it's like it has been for the last what 6 or so years: 87.5% of the fees are SEEN by the players in their respective divisions at the SNAC and SNPC plus the SNDC. The other 12.5% is used to buy bag tags, end of year awards and points discs.

All stated in this thread which you already know about because you posted there as well....

[www.sndg.org]

JOhn k
Anonymous User
July 11, 2012 06:24PM
Jbrowntown , I think it's just time we accept this is a second hand organization. Until it is ran and operated better it will always be. One way you can help the series is by running for BOD, well im not sure I would call it running since it still needs 1 more person to fill a vacant seat. It's currently being ran by one man named John K. , and that's a lot of work for one man alone. You can find a lot out about the series in the BOD forum.

You see... This series has a few thousand of dollars and yet...

We don't even control this old, HTML, MS DOS prompt layout style website
We have a new guideline rule book that has never seen the light of day that the BOD spent forever working on.
We miss out on hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars due to no ads on here
You see the eBay ads at the top of the page, they use to be linked to our great founding fathers eBay store but over the past couple of months the coding has gone bad or something has changed and other companies are getting FREE ads generated.
Last year at our premier pro championships the guy who won pro master wasn't even qualified to play but was somehow able to take the winnings and run, LOL

However I will say there are a lot of good people that play in this series, just can't take it TOO serious. Even the comedy on this site is gone.
Anonymous User
July 11, 2012 06:40PM
Oh JK, you do a fine job of accounting the SN fees, the best job yet. It's after our fees are sent off to our championships is what I meant, one in particular. Hopefully the BOD can over see the usage of our fees like it has been done before in the past. I'm not sure it has even been done the last couple of years?
July 11, 2012 06:52PM
We're about to have another 3 big regional championships with lots of added value throwing plastic in a park with hundreds of friends. Lots of folks are trying to make the series better and pointing out flaws is part of that. We need more people maintaining, fixing and improving things too. The only big problem we have is rain.
July 11, 2012 07:28PM
Are there any actual jobs associated with sndg? Like paying jobs. I ask because I'll need one once school starts back up in the mobile al area
Anonymous User
July 11, 2012 08:05PM
No, its all volunteers.
July 11, 2012 08:27PM
If there were paying jobs, John K should be the first one to be paid.
July 11, 2012 08:42PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If there were paying jobs, John K should be the
> first one to be paid.

Best thing I have heard/read in 15 years!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
July 11, 2012 11:37PM
I second that Keith :-) 100%
July 12, 2012 11:13AM
AMEN! Until you have actually done any kind of "behind the scenes" work, you really can not understand the amount of Time, Effort and Dedication that goes into it. I have been our club President/Treasurer for the past couple years and we ran our first tournament here in Jonesboro last October. It requires a couple hours a week outside of playing, jobs, school, family, etc. and many months in advance work on planning a tournament. Look at the SNDC for example, I think they've been actively working on it since at least Feb. and probably longer than that.
So it's far more involved and time consuming than one post on here (or your clubs website) as to where monies go, etc. than most people realize.
JBrowntown7, the club in Mobile is a great group. They run a great tournament. Go play with them, ask around how to help and then actually follow through and help. Any help is always needed, wanted and appreciated!
But as stated before --it's all done out of the goodness of our hearts = Volunteer.
July 12, 2012 11:24AM
Volunteering is fine with me. lol I plan to try and help out as soon as possible
July 14, 2012 05:22PM
Dillon..your a real douchebag..please..go away!!
Anonymous User
July 14, 2012 08:00PM
Aw, you hurt my feelings. You aren't the first person and sure won't be the last person to say that. Glad I could rile them feathers, maybe you will toss and turn cause of them comments.
July 21, 2012 12:38AM
This is hilarious keep going :-) lol
July 21, 2012 03:06PM
John K Wrote:
....The other 12.5% is used
> to buy bag tags....
>

SN has bag tags? How would people go about getting them? Are they free, or like local clubs, do we purchase them? If we purchase them, then wouldn't the tags be bringing revenue in rather than being a cost?

I ask b/c I've never seen a SN bag tag, but would like to get one (as I'm sure some others in my area would as well)
July 21, 2012 03:18PM
Who-dat Wrote:
> John K Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ....The other 12.5% is used
> > to buy bag tags....
> >
>
>
> SN has bag tags? How would people go about getting
> them? Are they free, or like local clubs, do we
> purchase them? If we purchase them, then wouldn't
> the tags be bringing revenue in rather than being
> a cost?
> I ask b/c I've never seen a SN bag tag, but would
> like to get one (as I'm sure some others in my
> area would as well)

Tags are sold for $20, the SN tag season starts at the SNPC each year, they have always been available at the SNAC's as well (as far as I know). They are availble from many clubs around SN land (around August-November), or always available on the merchandise link at the top of the page, and JimO/SkySouth has them year around.
July 24, 2012 10:53PM
contrast Wrote:
> Having ratings wouldn't be to do things like the
> PDGA. It would be to do things correctly.

Exactly...just the same as there is a NHRA and an IHRA for drag racing. They both have points systems, and both have rules and a lot of the same classes. Only real difference being, NHRA is more well known.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2013 07:41PM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Ratings have been brought up many times and the
> last time we almost had a deal that would have
> worked...almost.
>
> Biggest issue is that nobody would do it for free
> and alot of SN players don't want to pay for it. I
> would still like to see ratings be done, but I
> think the SN fee would need to be raised to $3 and
> Rec would need to become an offical division.

And then you got someone to do it for free and then you got jealous and decided your ego was more important LOL
Anonymous User
March 30, 2013 06:40PM
Where do you find the time to find all these old threads? Do you have them favorited and labeled already for when chit goes south?
Anonymous User
March 30, 2013 07:18PM
March 30, 2013 08:19PM
No bluff, you decide because you were doing something useful, you should be able to do whatever you want.

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013