Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

howler

Posted by Welder_will23 
howler
July 15, 2012 01:16PM
I would like to know if there is even going to be a howler this year since it is not even on the schedule....

it seems to me that some one who has taken the position that normally plain this tournament has let this fall to the waste side I personally think that it could at least be put on the schedule and put the words more info later but that is looking like its to much to ask for at this point

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 01:59PM by Welder_will23.
Re: hollower...
July 15, 2012 01:47PM
*HOWLER

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: howler
July 15, 2012 01:58PM
Sorry for the miss spelling its corrected now
July 15, 2012 02:01PM
I am sure things will get worked out after the SNPC is over. My camp spot is saved so I know I will be there.

[www.facebook.com]
July 15, 2012 02:42PM
Unlike other SN tournaments, the Howler has to worry more about overcrowding than not enough people showing up. It'll likely be pushing 300 players this year. Plus everyone knows it's always the last weekend of October. So giving a several month notice probably isn't much of a priority for the tournament.

"fall to the waste side"...that is awesome :)

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
July 15, 2012 08:39PM
Heard ,it's cancelled.

BMB
July 15, 2012 09:02PM
BRIAN B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard ,it's cancelled.

REALLY!?!?! So having only 9 fingers affects hearing also?!?! NEVER KNEW! I got 20.00 say your wrong!!!! Put your hearing where your wallet is!

[www.facebook.com]
July 15, 2012 09:10PM
I'm broke.but yea, cancel your campsite.

BMB
July 15, 2012 09:18PM
Lol we don't need to have the Howler to camp out and play some DG, it just an added bonus. Can't wait for the Howler!
July 15, 2012 09:30PM
You 1st....

[www.facebook.com]
July 15, 2012 10:59PM
The reason I said it has " fallen to the waste side" is because correct me if I am wrong the last two years this tournament is on the schedule in may at the latest and the people that are in charge are usually asking for art work to promote this fantastic even around this time and that is why I made the statement and yes this event is the most popular event in SNDG and will proably have well over 250 and very close to 300 players I am sure and I under stand the issue of over crowding and I am very aware that playing a 5+ man card in a tournament is not the ideal situation but something I personally thought about last year was split the group if 250 + players show up which I am fairly sure that will happen again this year meaning use 2 courses the bouge with another one of mobile fantastic courses there are 2 very nice ones with in 20 mins and that just may mean to extend the break by 20 mins in the middle of the two rounds but I think everyone would understand I started this because I loved playing this event in the past and I wanted mobile to keep up the tradition of the past years
July 16, 2012 12:08AM
man this would be a huge disappointment if the howler gets canceled this year, i know at least 15 people from lafayette that were planning on attending...
July 16, 2012 12:16AM
it will be a sad day for disc golf if the howler gets canceled, just sayin...
July 16, 2012 07:54AM
I dont think it is. Eric Day on the BoD was just telling me yesterday i needed to attend it.
July 17, 2012 10:59PM
The HOWLER ISNT CANCELED IF IT WAS IT WOULD BE A SHAME AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THE HOWLER IS A GO IF ITS NOT SOMEBODY ON MADGA BETTER GET ON HERE AND SAY WHY ITS CANCELLED IF IT IS!!!!! THATS FOR SURE!!!!
July 17, 2012 11:02PM
And there wont be any outside courses used in this event its always kept at the bouge from now on :-) just saying
July 18, 2012 05:47AM
I'm with mr. Sims on this one.. If the howler got cancelled..mobile disc golf would have fallen off the map lol. There should be no reason to want to cancel this event
July 19, 2012 12:05PM
The Howler has not been Canceled!!

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
July 19, 2012 06:01PM
Thank u for the clarifications snap:-) thank u
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013