Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shreveport/Bossier City Leagues?

Posted by Drinkmixer 
Shreveport/Bossier City Leagues?
July 17, 2012 11:11PM
Hello all! I'm not new to the sport of Disc Golf, but have recently gotten to be rather serious in the sport. So, I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any active leagues in the Shreveport/Bossier City area. I am interested in playing with some other people and using them to make my game better. Thanks for the info!
Re: Shreveport/Bossier City Leagues?
July 17, 2012 11:30PM
Get in touch with Akeem Williams, Kevin Pelton, and Steven Cantu...........they are doing the moving and shaking out there.

You can find them easy on Facebook.
Hope that helps.
July 17, 2012 11:43PM
Thanks for the info. I'll check into these guys.
July 18, 2012 07:46AM
Shreveport doesn't have what you would really call a league (or at least it never has). They do host weekly mini tournaments though. From what I've seen on the discussion boards lately, it sounds like there is one going on at Clyde Fant on Wednesdays.
July 19, 2012 12:25PM
I don't think there has ever been true league play here. But for the last five years we have run a mini using a handicap scoring system at Highland (Shreveport) Park on saturdays at 3pm (2pm during winter months). And, as Trackin wrote, a mini takes place at Clyde Fant Disc Golf Park on wednesday evenings at 7pm, using random-draw doubles format. For more info about either event, call me at 318-762-7612, message me on this forum or email me at highlanddiscgolf@hotmail.com.
July 19, 2012 01:06PM
I would like to get in some of these minis, but I work evenings so it's not really possible. If there are enough people interested, maybe we could form the first league in the SB area. I know that I would like to do that and would be able to play in it if we could do morning or afternoon play. Thanks for all the info.
July 19, 2012 01:44PM
I can't say for sure, but have heard that Joe Bison has expressed a desire to start a league here. I have his cell number, if you need it. Also, there is Sunday morning mini at Ford Park, hosted by Mike Quinn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013