Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How big of a group is too big?

Posted by Jazzcaster 
How big of a group is too big?
July 29, 2012 08:16PM
I am a new player and new to this board so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I did a couple of searches and didn't find anything.

Anyway, I went to my local course on Friday, a new course (which is why I am a new player). I was meeting a couple of friends for a group of 3. Have have played in groups of 4. While waiting on my friends to show up, a group of 10 formed and tee'd off on the first tee. One of the players saw me waiting and indicated that they would let us play through when we caught up.

I've played golf for a long time and groups above 4 are hardly tolerated on most courses, especially at busy times. I know disc golf isn't the same, but 10? When you play in a group that large, you are going to force others to wait on you. It is inescapable. Is there some generally accepted limit to group size?

This group was nice and let us play through when we caught them, although we got to wait on that group for a while on one hole.
Re: How big of a group is too big?
July 29, 2012 09:08PM
anything over 6 for me is a pain!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
July 29, 2012 10:22PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anything over 6 for me is a pain!

I agree. 6 is about the max I can play with normally.

Mississippi State Disc Golf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 10:24PM by Ethan.
July 29, 2012 11:39PM
Even on the courses we play on, where we're the only ones that play. We usually break off into groups of 4, maybe 5 if there is 9 or 10, but that's about it. I guess if there was 6 we'd all play together, but when we play, no one else shows up, so it doesn't matter.
August 03, 2012 08:19PM
Playing singles a group of five is great. Doubles with six players (Three teams) Max.
Dex
August 06, 2012 08:18AM
I am sure the group was gambling

We will play large groups of ''Skins'', ''CTP's'', ''Nassau'' and whatever else you would like to bet on, the money adds up

Yes, it takes alot longer, but any group can play through, no problem

So that is probably why the group was so large

Hope this helps, and with casual disc golf, any size group is allowable

Dex
August 06, 2012 11:19AM
Agree with Dex - if it's casual, anything goes!!
ESP
August 06, 2012 03:15PM
ive been a group of 13(playing dubs) one playing clint!! was lot of fun!! WRECKING BALL!!!! COMING THROUGH!!!!
August 07, 2012 07:06PM
Casual Play - I don't like any more than 6

Tournament Play - I try to hold it to foursomes with a few fives if needed! Depending on how many Holes/Pools/Courses there are in the event!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013