Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What Courses to play near Gulfpor/Biloxi

Posted by 7w3ak 
What Courses to play near Gulfpor/Biloxi
August 01, 2012 10:20AM
I'm visiting the area soon and was wondering what courses to hit up in the area. I've played in New Orleans so I'm good there, I was mainly wondering about Gulf port and Biloxi. For example is it hard to play Keisler because of being on a base and all.

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
Re: What Courses to play near Gulfpor/Biloxi
August 01, 2012 12:23PM
To play Keesler you must be able to get on base. This short 9-hole course is nice, very shaded, and not too spread out.
(pm me if you are interested in playing the course)

Not too far away, in Gulfport, off of 34 Th st. Near Hewes Ave. There is an undocumented 18-hole course with homemade baskets. The coarse is relatively long & challenging, the grass is not kept up with as often as a functioning park (but does get cut), and the baskets are constructed from Katrina storm debris.

Also, depending on when you plan to visit, Biloxi's 1st public access disc golf course may be open @ Hiller Park. This new 20-hole course is located less than 2 miles from the Keesler course. The collars are in the ground already (started & finished yesterday) and as soon as the tee locations are properly marked, the baskets will be dropped in place. Expect to be able to play this new course by the end of next week.

In addition, you should consider going to Bulldog Bayou or Shephard (both in Guatier), or I.G. Levy (Pascagoula).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 12:33PM by ecotrex.
August 01, 2012 03:05PM
On the West side of Gulfport you can play Buccaneer state park in Waveland, also one in Diamondhead (9hole). North oh Gulfport on hwy 49 is Paul B Johnson state park.

Out of all of them I like Shephard State Park and Paul B the most.
August 01, 2012 07:04PM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the West side of Gulfport you can play
> Buccaneer state park in Waveland, also one in
> Diamondhead (9hole). North oh Gulfport on hwy 49
> is Paul B Johnson state park.
>
> Out of all of them I like Shephard State Park and
> Paul B the most.

Forgive me for not also mentioning those courses, it was an oversight on my part. They too, are good courses and should be played if given the chance.

If you do drive to Paul B., be sure to stop by and check out the newly designed Ashe Lake Course about 10 minutes south of the state park. Be aware, it is located on National Forest property, there is a day use fee, NO Alcohol!
August 01, 2012 08:02PM
No problem, I didn't even know about the undocumented course in Gulfport, may have to check that out next time I head to the east side of the coast.
August 02, 2012 07:10AM
There is also a short 9 hole course in Diamondhead at twin lakes.
August 02, 2012 11:03AM
Thank you Eric, you were actually the one I was hoping to respond mainly cause I know ya. I'll be there this weekend unfortunately not playing the doubles in N.O. Are the courses easy to find(GPS map points) or will I need to do some searching. Oh and Ecotrex thank you for the response and suggestion, being that I am retired military would I be able to play keisler without a sponsor?

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
August 02, 2012 11:20PM
I won't be in NO either, thinking of making a trip over to IG Levy and Bulldog Bayou if you want to join. I'll Pm my number to you.
August 03, 2012 07:58AM
Eric, I believe JC is planning on IG Levy and Shepard State Park this saturday. I believe Super Joe will be accompanying him also.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
August 03, 2012 11:34AM
k_rob007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric, I believe JC is planning on IG Levy and
> Shepard State Park this saturday. I believe Super
> Joe will be accompanying him also.

Awesome thanks for the info Keith.
August 03, 2012 03:15PM
re these course on DiscGolfCourseReview? So I can get GPS coordinates

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
August 03, 2012 03:42PM
Ashe Lake [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Buccaneer [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Diamondhead [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Hiller park [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Keesler base [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Bulldog Bayou [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Shepard State park [www.dgcoursereview.com]

IG Levy [www.dgcoursereview.com]

Paul B (little fox is the extra 9 hole) [www.dgcoursereview.com]
August 04, 2012 01:27AM
Thank you sir

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013