Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Calling South LA

Posted by An UrgeTo Dance 
Calling South LA
August 14, 2012 12:10PM
Okay so I have been talking with a local park about installing a disc golf course. I am going to talk to them sometime this week about setting up a temp course to see how it would affect the park, I was also thinking of hosting an ace race while the course was set up. Since we would be doing the ace race it would probably have to be late Oct. for the temp course. I just wanted to see what y'all thought of this and if anyone would want to volunteer some baskets to help set up.

EDIT: This would be the first disc golf course within 60 miles or so in the area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2012 01:02PM by An UrgeTo Dance.
Re: Calling South LA
August 14, 2012 12:54PM
Temp course would probably be set up for a weekend or maybe only a Saturday. It would be open for regular play but hopefully do an Ace Race to help support the installation of permanent course.
Dex
August 14, 2012 01:11PM
Where is this located?

Dex
August 14, 2012 01:15PM
The park is in Patterson. About an hour and 15 min from NO, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2012 04:39PM
NO Team can bring a basket or two if it doesn't conflict with other tournaments.
Anonymous User
August 15, 2012 09:45AM
Lafayette has an Ace Race Oct. 13 at Girourd Park at ULL. Lake Charles has one on Oct. 20. There is a 30 mile rule, but Patterson is more than 30 from Lafayette. Need to get started with publicity. You will need to order player packs, minimum 20, two weeks prior to the date of your Ace Race. That will run $400 for 20, so try to get reg fee up front. Most Ace Races have more fun events than just the Ace Race itself. Plenty of ideas on Discraft.com. Good luck. If I can help answer anything, let me know. I did my first one last year. Its a fun event.
August 16, 2012 12:02PM
Yeah I will have other stuff set up such as ring of fire and such. This would be a fundraiser for a permanent course being built at the location. I really need to get baskets so that I know I will have enough for the event, hopefully I could around 20 baskets.
September 01, 2012 09:28AM
bump
September 03, 2012 06:45PM
Probably looking at November-January date for a tourny and it would not be an ace race since it is not in the time however it will still have extras. I am hoping to get this course built by January/February.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013