Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Louisiana USDGC Representative

Posted by Warlord 
Louisiana USDGC Representative
August 20, 2012 02:15PM
I have assumed the duties of PDGA State Coordinator from Brian Harrison until the next election cycle in 2013. Upon taking these duties I noticed that the Louisiana Representative for the USDGC had not been determined. I understand that, in the past, that slot has been determined at the Louisiana State Championship. After I talked to the TD of this year's Louisiana States, it was determined that it would not be feasible to make that selection so late (approximately ten days before the USDGC.)

After conversation with the Event Director, Jonathan Poole, I am leaning toward the decision to select the most deserving individual who is able to attend the tournament. This is allowed per the qualifying document.

I do not wish to make this decision on my own. Therefore, I am asking disc golfers to offer their nominations. After nominations are received, I will attempt to contact the nominees to determine their ability to attend.

Standards of qualification for the Performance Flight are: All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher, and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012. A list of eligible members can be found by going to the Player Staticstics Search Page and selecting the division and state (I chose "all pro men" and "all amateur men" as my search parameters.) I noted that there are individuals listed from Louisiana who may not still be residents, so I am asking that only Louisiana residents be nominated.

If any of you have suggestions of alternate methods, please indicate as soon as possible. Bluff, I am anxiously awaiting your suggestions....I will give them consideration.

Alan Byrd
Re: Louisiana USDGC Representative
August 20, 2012 03:13PM
2012 USDGC rep from LA was won at this year's Spring Fling in Lafayette by Stephen Harrison. Supposedly tradition was to award it at a tournament hosted by the previous year's State Championship host.
August 20, 2012 03:32PM
Thanks for the info....wasn't aware of that. I'll get in touch with Stephen and, if he can attend, I'll let Jonathan Poole know.

Thanks again...
August 20, 2012 06:04PM
Per communications today with Stephen Harrison and Jonathan Poole, Stephen has been confirmed as Louisiana State Representative at the 2012 USDGC and he does plan on attending. Thanks, Jacques, for keeping me on my toes on this one.
Anonymous User
August 20, 2012 06:24PM
Dangit, I was really looking forward to Louisiana disc golfers offering their nominations.

So Warlord, let me ask you about the pDGA...oh, nevermind. I must have insulted a few people from your neighborhood already just by typing something. Hope you the next time you visit NO!
Anonymous User
August 20, 2012 06:25PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dangit, I was really looking forward to Louisiana
> disc golfers offering their nominations.
>
> So Warlord, let me ask you about the pDGA...oh,
> nevermind. I must have insulted a few people from
> your neighborhood already just by typing
> something. Hope to see you the next time you visit NO!
August 20, 2012 06:33PM
Ask away, Mike. People like you keeping my brain active is the only way I can learn this stuff.

Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Bluff Magee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dangit, I was really looking forward to
> Louisiana
> > disc golfers offering their nominations.
> >
> > So Warlord, let me ask you about the pDGA...oh,
> > nevermind. I must have insulted a few people
> from
> > your neighborhood already just by typing
> > something. Hope to see you the next time you
> visit NO!
August 20, 2012 09:41PM
Good Luck WHAT!!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
August 20, 2012 09:47PM
Ok, would you attribute the lack of pDGA tournaments in Louisiana to the high price for the modest value, or is it because all of us south of Opelousas are too drunk to realize that we should sanction with the pDGA because the pDGA knows everything and is the only possible way to promote the sport?
August 20, 2012 09:51PM
I will go with just this part of the 2nd half of the statement: or is it because all of us south of Opelousas are too drunk

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
August 21, 2012 04:34AM
Yes

Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Ok, would you attribute the lack of pDGA
> tournaments in Louisiana to the high price for the
> modest value, or is it because all of us south of
> Opelousas are too drunk to realize that we should
> sanction with the pDGA because the pDGA knows
> everything and is the only possible way to promote
> the sport?
Anonymous User
August 21, 2012 06:28AM
Careful there Warlord, Pedro is certain to report you to pDGA HQ for daring to suggest the pDGA is overpriced. Watch your back...your term might be the shortest ever.
August 21, 2012 10:21AM
The TD Johnathon Poole was already aware of my spot weeks ago!

Thanks Jacques for helping as I didn't see this thread until now and it appears I might have lost my spot.

Thanks Keith! I will do my absolute best.

August 21, 2012 12:33PM
aheeeeeeeee

registered!

August 21, 2012 02:07PM
Good luck Steven!! I think youll make Louisiana proud!
August 25, 2012 08:35AM
bump

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013