Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Halloween Howler

Posted by tmad1004 
Halloween Howler
August 26, 2012 09:14AM
I know this is early but was wondering about any details for the Howler and I wasn't sure if chickasabogue had cabins or anything to rent there.
Re: Halloween Howler
August 26, 2012 09:40AM
We are working on the Details, and No cabins but they do have camp sites. Primitive and RV sites. You better book early.. Cause the Camp sites will fill up quick!!

760 Aldock Road Eight Mile, Alabama 36613
(251) 574-2267

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
August 26, 2012 10:17AM
Yeah I wish I had a rv or camper or something.
August 26, 2012 10:23AM
Lots of people tent camp.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
August 26, 2012 10:40AM
Yeah that's an idea. It would be fun to make a weekend out of it. Do you know the cost to be able to tent camp???
August 26, 2012 11:44AM
depends on what site you get call the park and get a site.....

[www.facebook.com]
August 26, 2012 06:31PM
Call here for details and, even if you tent camp, call early. 251-574-2267
August 26, 2012 07:53PM
Thanks for the info.
August 26, 2012 08:01PM
What courses are normally played for the Howler? Only chickasabogue??? I was just thinking if there is gonna be close to 200 there would probably be more than one course.
August 26, 2012 08:08PM
i heard over 300!

BOOM

-cal
August 27, 2012 10:28AM
272 players made it last year, good shot at 300 this year.

Last years courses all at the Bogue as it should be.
-Original 18
-New 9
-Temp 18
August 27, 2012 01:28PM
300 players on 45 holes = 6-person cards on 15 holes and 7-person cards on 30 holes
August 27, 2012 02:14PM
Yeah, that's not gonna work. Just wondering, which would everyone prefer, capping the field or adding Chickasaw?

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
August 27, 2012 02:23PM
I didn't play last year, but heard it was grueling rounds with 7 person cards........... I'd like to see a cap for the "AM" field at least, and/or use Chickasaw.
August 27, 2012 02:34PM
I say if they have to add another course (chickasaw) then let the rec and am players fight it out over there. Keep the Pro and Adv fields at the Bogue.
August 27, 2012 02:55PM
If you cap Am, you'd have to cap Novice too so that any Ams that don't make it can't just play down.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
August 27, 2012 05:42PM
That would be cool to add Chickasaw. I'm just saying, I can imagine it would be a little frustrating having so many people on one card. I thought it might be cool to do one round of 27 at the bogue playing original 18 and the new 9. But just my opinion I think it would be better to have two courses. I don't really care though because either way I am going to try my best to make this one. It would be my first Howler.
August 27, 2012 08:27PM
tmad1004 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be cool to add Chickasaw. I'm just
> saying, I can imagine it would be a little
> frustrating having so many people on one card. I
> thought it might be cool to do one round of 27 at
> the bogue playing original 18 and the new 9. But
> just my opinion I think it would be better to have
> two courses. I don't really care though because
> either way I am going to try my best to make this
> one. It would be my first Howler.

Last year the first round for pool A pro/adv was 27 holes as you stated. 2nd round was temp course, and 3rd was back 9 and new 9 I think.
August 28, 2012 05:24AM
Or maybe find some room for 9 more temp holes at the bouge? :-D

Terry Zeringue
August 31, 2012 01:24PM
Where?

We will be using Chickasaw for the AM field at least one round. There is no other option. We will likely have to cap the field at 270. More details after the SNPC.
August 31, 2012 03:40PM
Sweet Bernie!! Looking forward to it.
September 01, 2012 09:26AM
bump
September 06, 2012 12:01PM
If you missed the glow round last year,don't worry. This year will be better and ready to play much faster.Ive had quite a few people tell me there excited to play the night round after seeing the course last year. Instead of 2 people doing most the work setting things up i will have a crew this year.
September 10, 2012 11:54AM
Cant wait for this year, expect alot of people from lafayette show up this howler!
September 10, 2012 10:53PM
Oh yeah Detroit i cant wait :-) sweet glow round last year going to be sweet this year:-)
September 11, 2012 08:22PM
If i could only play one tournament a year the Howler would be that tournament.It is so much fun.Great players...we see people we haven't seen since last Howler.Sometimes we see people we thought have died!!not kidding.In the old days the time changed on Saturday night and that made it hard to get all the rounds in.I played a round with a guy one time that traveled from Hawii to play the Howler.One of the funniest things about the Howler is after you finish the second round of day one is to go to the camp sites and eat all the great food everyone have been cooking all day.I know in the pass the locals would gather food up so we could feed all the out of towners for free.Mark Mann would always cook,i think he still does.There will be a glow round,putting contest,and many people decorate the holes with halloween costumes and candy.Every year for some time we do a raffle were everyone will have a chance to be a partner with one of the top four pros in the final six holes.If i remember right if you get picked you get fifty dollars just for getting picked before you even start the finals and the final six holes are worth one hundred dollars a hole.If this tournament is capped i will write my check tomorrow.19 years of disc golf and never missed a Howler.

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
September 12, 2012 11:28AM
aheeee

September 12, 2012 11:40AM
Registration?

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
October 29, 2012 08:01AM
THIS IS MICHELLE GRAHAM I SHOWED UP TO PLAY HOWLER I WAS CUSSED AT SCREAMED AT IN FRONT OF 50 PEOPLE OR MORE BY THE T.D. BERNIE.I COULD PLAY ANY OTHER DIVISION BUT AMS. IF ANY OF YOU PLAYED GOLF WITH ME KNOWS I AM A AM PLAYER. A T.D HAS NO REASON TO YELL AT ANYONE .THEN GONNA THREATEN MY HUSBAND GONNA WHOOP HIS A$$. THIS CAUSED US NOT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY TOURNAMENT. NO PEOPLE SKILLS WHAT SO EVER.THERE WERE A FEW PEOPLE HE SHOULD MAKE MOVE UP BUT THEY WERE NOT MADE. WHY IS IT BECAUSE IM A GIRL? WHY I HAVE TO MOVE UP? DO YOU LIKE EMBARRASSING AND DISRESPECTING WOMEN? YES IVE WON SOME HOWLERS BUT THERE WERE NOT AS MANY WOMEN BACK THEN. IVE WON SOME FIRST PLACES ONLY WOMAN THERE ,HOW IS THIS FAIR?
October 29, 2012 09:17AM
Move up from am women to advance women or pro women?

[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013