Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Homemade target

Posted by Jazzcaster 
Homemade target
August 27, 2012 01:46PM
Just looking for input into the basket that I made. The base is a bit big, but it's pretty stable. It comes apart in 3 pieces (basket, deflector, post) for portability.Any criticisms or suggestions welcome.

Re: Homemade target
August 27, 2012 02:36PM
I would tape the pole and sharp edges to help keep down on putter damage. Nice work by the way.
August 27, 2012 07:28PM
very nice
August 27, 2012 08:47PM
I didn't give much thought to sharp edges. The pole is square tube with rounded corners so nothing sharp there, but there are a few edges I should probably tape up. Thanks.
August 27, 2012 10:06PM
Looks awesome.
August 27, 2012 11:17PM
Any issues with tipping over being that the base isn't circular?
Other than that, looks really well crafted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 11:17PM by SuperSheaps.
August 28, 2012 09:03AM
No, it's definitely not tippy. The dimensions of the base were a bit of a mistake. If you think of the ends of the base cross-members as the corner of a square, the square corners are outside of the diameter of the basket, so its pretty stable. I'm going to leave it outside in a windy place for the next couple of days (50 mph winds with Hurricane Isaac expected) to see if it will fall over. It shouldn't. And, its pretty heavy. The steel pole is 1-1/2" square tube with 11 gauge (1/8") walls, all welded. The next one may have a round base, to get rid of the edges on the bottom and make it easier to move without taking apart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013