Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 Player Of The Year Awards - Results

Posted by Eric Day 
Re: 2012 Player Of The Year Awards - Results
September 10, 2012 12:02PM
Well that presents two points, the first being that its call an "AM" Player of the Year Award and not an Adv player of the year award. Since the current "AM" player of the year award is given based on play from multiple divisions you should look at both divisions equally and how players fared in their perspective division. If its not given to the first place of Adv then why not look at the first place of Ams. Should there be an award for All Am Division and all Adv Divisions???

Second we all know that with stats like 34 events and 19 top 3 finishes that should be enough to take the award home, personal feelings aside. The gap between second and third in adv is extremely small. One could argue that third should have been considered given that he more top 3 finishes in less tournaments and they had the exact same winnings which to the naked eye means that third won better, more quality tournaments, and if given the opportunity to play as many as tournament as second place, third would have easily triumphed. And since you brought up score again, third place
September 10, 2012 12:37PM
AM is any division that does not accept cash. Advanced falls under that category. Yes it would be a good idea to have one per division.
September 10, 2012 12:51PM
Also, to the naked eye, 2 out of 3 of derek drews 1st place finishes was in a doubles event. 3 out of 3 of phillip's was singles. And a lot of tournaments on here do not post the prizes. (which also needs to be fixed)
September 10, 2012 01:31PM
To me the "Naked Eye" means looking at the overall stat sheet not diving into their individual events........nice try though

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
September 10, 2012 01:49PM
agreed^^^^^
September 10, 2012 01:51PM
Well to me, Naked eye means the same thing but i am looking at it to a different degree. it appears that he has 3 solid wins in the advanced division but 2 of them are in doubles. Doubles is not a good skill indicator. phillip had more individual wins. The guy you are saying should get the award won 1 individual tournament. Or possibly a guy that competed with lower competition. You should know that doubles is different because you played doubles with Sham and got first before. Does that mean you can compete in Open? You placed DFL out of all of the golfers that completed all rounds in the SNAC in ADV.
September 10, 2012 01:52PM
stop the stupidity...
September 10, 2012 02:17PM
Well wayne, I just believe phillip was a good candidate if aaron was not going tog et it. If you do not like disagreements then do not view the threads that have them. I like the fact that Lloyd has an opinion and isn't affraid to post it on here. Everyone isn't going to agree on everything. He has stated a flaw in the SN and it should be corrected. It should be more clean cut stats, specify how it is determined and what all goes into the awards. But the issue is, Wayne, when you get into it, you like to make personal shots at every opinion that you post. Which is not helping anything at all.
September 10, 2012 02:17PM
The problem with this arguement is two words.....Aaron Sims

If this award was made to go to the Top am player of the year stats wise, then Sims should have won it. It shouldnt be based on personal feelings toward anybody. Aaron was the am player of the year. No disrespect to Phillip. He is a really cool guy but stats wise Aaron was way above anyone else in any am divisions
September 10, 2012 02:24PM
You are correct^^^
September 10, 2012 02:35PM
Aaron gets my vote..Dustin, this ones for you.

September 10, 2012 03:01PM
I work as a CNC Programmer, the only way we can solve issues is communicating over the internet. Sometimes it turns into arguements but we never call people names. Most decisions in companies have pros and cons and it will always cause issues.
September 10, 2012 03:17PM
You're such a Hypocrite.

You tell Wayne "Wayne, when you get into it, you like to make personal shots at every opinion that you post." when right above to take a gab at me "You placed DFL out of all of the golfers that completed all rounds in the SNAC in ADV. "

Why does my placing have anything to do with it? Did you look further into my record and see where i bounced back and got 1st in my next event, are you butt hurt from sham and I whooping up on you in Tupelo?

Why didn't you play in the SNPC? I'm sure you would have beat them all.................

You have never ran a tournament before yet you always seem to comment on how they should be ran better, you always have a comment but never take action. What have you done for the SN land besides negatively comment on every little thing?

And yes to settle the argument Head is correct. Aaron Sims dominated the series and should have won it hands down.
September 10, 2012 03:18PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I work as a CNC Programmer, the only way we can
> solve issues is communicating over the internet.
> Sometimes it turns into arguements but we never
> call people names. Most decisions in companies
> have pros and cons and it will always cause
> issues.

Arguments or arguing over the internet is still retarded.

That is my opinion.

September 10, 2012 04:35PM
That was after your remark "nice try though". Was a rude before you made that comment? I appoligize if I took that the wrong way. I was just saying that doubles doesn't prove your skill. The point is, Philip doesn't deserve to be put down on his award that he won. If anyone should be upset, it should be Aaron. I didn't compete in the SNPC because i work on saturdays, its a long drive and i probably wouldn't have won lol. Not worth me taking off work. Nah I do not get upset over losing at disc golf.

No Low Putt Lloyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're such a Hypocrite.
>
> You tell Wayne "Wayne, when you get into it, you
> like to make personal shots at every opinion that
> you post." when right above to take a gab at me
> "You placed DFL out of all of the golfers that
> completed all rounds in the SNAC in ADV. "
>
> Why does my placing have anything to do with it?
> Did you look further into my record and see where
> i bounced back and got 1st in my next event, are
> you butt hurt from sham and I whooping up on you
> in Tupelo?
>
> Why didn't you play in the SNPC? I'm sure you
> would have beat them all.................
>
> You have never ran a tournament before yet you
> always seem to comment on how they should be ran
> better, you always have a comment but never take
> action. What have you done for the SN land
> besides negatively comment on every little thing?
>
>
>
> And yes to settle the argument Head is correct.
> Aaron Sims dominated the series and should have
> won it hands down.
September 10, 2012 10:50PM
Thanks fellas i really appreciate the gesture for real lets just hope the board works on this so next years award gets in the right hands and like i said be4 Congrates to Phillip i didnt fit the sn image to receive the award:-) thanks to all my friends for the support:-)
September 10, 2012 11:24PM
Aaron you really should have been given this award. Phillip did great this year, but you did better. Even though you did loss to a guy with a broken leg at the Acadiana Spring Fling. LOL!!!! I'm pretty sure that to those of us that paid attention Aaron was the rightful Am player of the year. Not just my opinion!
September 11, 2012 02:15PM
So you guys want an award on just stats? Is that what I'm hearing?

Maturity and the player's treatment of our series should remain part of the selection, imho

And this is not a shot at Aaron or anyone else.....heck the "best" player already has his stacks of discs and trophies....

Back in the day these awards were considered for the "ambassadors of our series"........WAY back in the day there were Bud Hill awards in the Memphis area of the same nature - they usually went to the volunteersthat worked the most on the area courses, TDs that sacrificed thei time and efforts for the sport they love, and to the players that would take the time to teach younger players and expand the sport's participating audience.....

But I do agree that clarity of what the award is tailored for would be an improvement if provided by the BoD....
September 11, 2012 11:19PM
Great point indeed griff:-) and thanks Jonathan :-)
September 12, 2012 11:21AM
Thanks for understanding my post and not taking it as a "shot"......Griff
September 18, 2012 03:45PM
Not a problem griff you and me have always been cool try to see yall at the naquin this year:-) goodtimes there :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013