Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Recently Moved from Alabama to Memphis, Looking for people to play with.

Posted by nguthrie7589 
Recently Moved from Alabama to Memphis, Looking for people to play with.
September 08, 2012 07:16PM
Hello guys. I'm Nick. I moved to Memphis in July, and I'm looking for a good group to start playing disc golf with. I am really not that good but I enjoy playing. I used to play daily back in Alabama, but after a shoulder injury had to hang up my discs for a while. Please feel free to email me at nguthrie7589@gmail.com if you're interested in adding a player. Thanks guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 07:17PM by nguthrie7589.
Re: Recently Moved from Alabama to Memphis, Looking for people to play with.
September 09, 2012 05:29PM
Some others will probably chime in with info, but I'll let you know about the Shelby Forest schedule. Shelby Forest (Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park) is located in NW Memphis. Watkins/Hwy 51 area.

Anyway, we play on Sundays at 8, 10, and sometimes 12. $2 - $7 entry, sometimes flip up doubles, sometimes A or B division singles.

Also play on Wednesday nights for the next few weeks. Right now teeing off around 5:30, $7 same format as above.

Today we had like 45 people at the 10 am round, but it was an amazing day here weather wise.
September 12, 2012 11:24AM
Try also a shout out on:
Memphis Area Disc Golf News and DKG Disc Sports <308656989161156@groups.facebook.com>
on Facebook....

A lot of the local players frequesnt that page to communicate and set up rounds and activities locally.....

tourney upcoming - Copper Hills....etc.
September 12, 2012 11:48AM
If you aren't a member of the PDGA, there is a $10 extra charge on entry fees(copper Hills).
So you know before you show up.

They did have a discount rate for membership...IF you are looking to join the PDGA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 12:04PM by wayneacree.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013