Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Recently Moved from Alabama to Memphis, Looking for people to play with.
September 08, 2012 07:16PM
Hello guys. I'm Nick. I moved to Memphis in July, and I'm looking for a good group to start playing disc golf with. I am really not that good but I enjoy playing. I used to play daily back in Alabama, but after a shoulder injury had to hang up my discs for a while. Please feel free to email me at nguthrie7589@gmail.com if you're interested in adding a player. Thanks guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 07:17PM by nguthrie7589.
Re: Recently Moved from Alabama to Memphis, Looking for people to play with.
September 09, 2012 05:29PM
Some others will probably chime in with info, but I'll let you know about the Shelby Forest schedule. Shelby Forest (Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park) is located in NW Memphis. Watkins/Hwy 51 area.

Anyway, we play on Sundays at 8, 10, and sometimes 12. $2 - $7 entry, sometimes flip up doubles, sometimes A or B division singles.

Also play on Wednesday nights for the next few weeks. Right now teeing off around 5:30, $7 same format as above.

Today we had like 45 people at the 10 am round, but it was an amazing day here weather wise.
September 12, 2012 11:24AM
Try also a shout out on:
Memphis Area Disc Golf News and DKG Disc Sports <308656989161156@groups.facebook.com>
on Facebook....

A lot of the local players frequesnt that page to communicate and set up rounds and activities locally.....

tourney upcoming - Copper Hills....etc.
September 12, 2012 11:48AM
If you aren't a member of the PDGA, there is a $10 extra charge on entry fees(copper Hills).
So you know before you show up.

They did have a discount rate for membership...IF you are looking to join the PDGA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 12:04PM by wayneacree.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013