Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dogs?? What are the rules?

Posted by Trackin01 
Dogs?? What are the rules?
September 30, 2012 08:23PM
As a TD I am interested in finding out what people think or what the rules are for Dogs during tournament play. I have seen dogs with disc golf jackets and I had one person ever ask to have his dog during the round. I agreed to allow it, but was curious if it is common anywhere else.
Re: Dogs?? What are the rules?
September 30, 2012 08:58PM
I havent seen it in tournys, but here in lafayette during sunday doubles and casual rounds no one here has a problem!
Anonymous User
September 30, 2012 09:31PM
pDGA Competition Manual 3.5 Carts and Caddies

3.5 Carts and Caddies

A. Players are required to walk during their tournament rounds at all PDGA events unless alternate transportation such as golf carts are provided to all competitors

B. Players will have the option to bring a caddie or carrying device during their round of play. A player's caddie is subject to all items with in the PDGA Rules of Play and the PDGA Competition Manual including all applicable dress codes.

C. Players choosing to use a caddie will be solely responsible for their caddie's conduct from the two minute warning until the players cards are turned in. Misconduct by a caddie may subject the player and caddy to disqualification and/or suspension.

D. Players must instruct their caddies to maintain a reasonable distance and not interfere with a competitor attempting his or her shot.

E. For those players wishing to use a carrying device, approved carrying devices include disc golf bags, foldable chairs and push cart companions. No animals, motor driven or bicycle type devices shall be allowed at all PDGA events.

THE RULES ORACLE HAS SPOKEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 09:33PM by Bluff Magee.
September 30, 2012 09:54PM
what if the golfer is blind?

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Anonymous User
September 30, 2012 09:59PM
If the golfer is blind he or she is still not allowed to use a dog, so they would have to use a human as a caddie.

THE RULES ORACLE HAS SPOKEN
October 01, 2012 01:47AM
Really, I see no REASON for a "pet" dog cat, squrill, chinchilla,rabbit or any other animal to be present during tournament play. If the player is blind..ASK YOURSELF..REALLY???????? naaaa... I will not ever play a round with a person that has a pet on the card/in my group with an animal..UNLESS GRIFF is present..then we allow him to play..he dont poop or pp in the fairway..he might bark,yell or become "tree'd" but he's trained..where no other animal is......so NO..NO pets allowed in event play at bigbee.... LOL//// .
Griff NO PUNN intended,, bark on dude..we love it....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
October 02, 2012 06:18AM
No pets Bud Hill thanks you
October 02, 2012 01:55PM
Hey - I resemble that remark........

Besides, what other Dawg would go find yer errant discs, Flick?
Dex
October 02, 2012 03:21PM
I talked to a couple of dogs this weekend about this and their respnse was.

Human Carbon Fiber Units are jealous of dogs for the freedom they have to pee and poo in plain site and not care, they related several others issues which I told them I would not discuss with their dumb @#s

Back to the topic, the dogs said they enjoyed casual rounds and would not be interested in tournaments as of all the delays and players getting their feelings hurt for a bad shot, then blame on the Dog

The dogs also made it clear that there does exist a Mess with Ronnie Adams on the tee box conspiracy. we thought so

So there you have it the dogs don't want to attend tourneys, but would like a good meal and they will sit this one out.

Later

Headed out to see the (Master Assassin Joe Braud) graduate from boot camp in Chicago

Dex
October 02, 2012 10:52PM
Also, just FYI, there is something in the rules allowing for service dogs but I don't remember where it is! At least I seem to remember reading it! And I know everyone thinks of dogs for seeing impaired but there are several other applications. A lady I know has a lab whose service was to lay across her chest during a seizure. They were an awesome pair!
October 03, 2012 06:16AM
^^^^^ true. At my daughter's old school a child who was an extreme diabetic had a dog that could smell when her blood sugar was getting out of wack and alert. Service animals would not be a problem they are so trained that no one would notice. It's the dogs that run around crazy that would be a problem. I'm curious about the service animal allowance. I don't remember seeing that in the rule book.
October 03, 2012 06:43AM
I think comments about animals are in the competition manual, not the rules.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2012 06:59AM
The Competition Manual is part of the Rules.

Section 3.1.D does allow service animals.

D. Animals, with the exception of service animals, may not accompany players during competition.

We seem to have discovered a contradiction in the pDGA rulebook!
October 03, 2012 07:19AM
Ok. Let's define service animal. An animal that performs a specific service. So train your ferret to be able to locate your
Lost Pole Cat and you are good to go! :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 07:22AM by Solomon.
October 03, 2012 07:47AM
Rule 3.5E is in reference to using an animal as a caddy or carrying device. But I do see where there is a conflict in the rules here.
October 04, 2012 09:33AM
We've never had conflicts in our rules!!! Call the Mayans!!

Insert chuckle....
October 07, 2012 11:25PM
I like dags
October 08, 2012 11:39AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013