Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Everything USDGC

Posted by The Parker 
Re: Everything USDGC
October 07, 2012 05:59PM
You don't know where my hometown is obviously Bluff Magee. You may need to try and learn some things first before spewing your ignorance.

On the note, the USDGC seemed like it was a success from discgolfplanet.tv side. Their coverage was great with the fly over views of each hole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 06:00PM by codyroberts18.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 06:03PM
Nothing more Chuck? I love you man but that's not what you said. What you did say was actually something more LoL:

cgkdisc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would indicate Open
> players were paid better this year for the same
> performance as before.

That's just about as patently false a statement as I've ever seen you make. Well except for when you said "nothing more" one post later. Wow Chuck your truthiness is getting a bit squishier than usual! I guess not having anyone at the pDGA challenge your facts has made you think you can say just about anything! Chuck, we can get you back into sharper mental shape if you drop in here more often. Please make an effort to post here more often and we'll help you out.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 06:14PM
Aw Cody I guess I would be upset too if someone said I lived in Dillon's hometown. Can you be a little more serious though about disc golf please? I mean really, try and eat some more fiber or something, you seem to be a little clogged up over the whole sport. You do realize I was joking when I posted that picture of Romney?
October 07, 2012 06:24PM
See Bluff, that's your problem though. You post ignorant non sense on serious topics and it gets pretty old for people to get on these forums and see all your posts with stupid pictures that just ridicule people. You lashing Chuck for his comments which are pretty accurate isn't being too serious about disc golf in my opinion. It is using your keyboard to put people down who have done a huge amount more for the sport of disc golf than you ever have. It may be a joke when you posted that, but it gets old when you do it to almost everyone who posts on this forum.

Now back to the scheduled programming:

The USDGC seemed like it was a great event from the coverage. The only thing I noticed that was missing was huge crowd's. Maybe the coverage just didn't show the people watching the final round, but it seemed like there just weren't many people there watching throughout the week. I hope the USDGC improves upon some of the things they have done wrong, but I think they are still the most prestigious event in the sport. They did improve the performance edition a lot from last year, and that does show they are trying.

I wonder how many Schusterick can win? Could he push Climo's 5 titles? He seemed to rise to the challenge after Wysocki canned that eagle from about 300 feet on 13. Maybe he is proving he is the best in the world.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 07:27PM
Ok Mr. Serious. I will take this sport more seriously. Teach me how to be as serious as you. Then one day I can earn a ton of money on the disc golf tour. Once every other year, I can win half as much at the USDGC as they used to win years ago. Just sayin'
October 07, 2012 07:57PM
Yep, ya got me. I should have inserted the word "those" (bolded in my statement below) to indicate I was only referring to those players who shot the 1008 average rated rounds with the last place payout of $800 this year compared to $475 for the same rating in 2010. Feel better?

Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing more Chuck? I love you man but that's not
> what you said. What you did say was actually
> something more LoL:
>
>
> cgkdisc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That would indicate those Open
> > players were paid better this year for the same
> > performance as before.
>
>
> That's just about as patently false a statement as
> I've ever seen you make. Well except for when you
> said "nothing more" one post later. Wow Chuck your
> truthiness is getting a bit squishier than usual!
> I guess not having anyone at the pDGA challenge
> your facts has made you think you can say just
> about anything! Chuck, we can get you back into
> sharper mental shape if you drop in here more
> often. Please make an effort to post here more
> often and we'll help you out.
October 07, 2012 08:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 08:18PM by codyroberts18.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 08:40PM
It's all good Chuck. I really appreciate that you can take a good ribbin' from someone who just can't take things too seriously. And I especially appreciate it that you understand players like me who don't enjoy the "Performance Edition" USDGC based on ratings that you are so much a part of. You (and Mr. Serious) might not believe this but I really do respect your opinions too. Even that one time when you said that an OB surface belongs to another dimension or whatever that thread was that drove me bonkers for a week!
October 07, 2012 09:10PM
Regardless if u like Bluffs or not Codyroberts, he's done lot more than most people for this sport! Just sayin!! I just loooked at last place cash and it was 800 and thought it was a lot.
October 07, 2012 09:24PM
The Performance Editon wasn't my idea. They just asked me to help figure out how to do it. I played in it last year but I'm kind of neutral on the format personally. But I did get to play in the USDGC even though I had played 10 years ago with a sponsor exemption.

Innova wanted to feature what DGU leagues could provide via the Performance score (handicap) approach. They also needed to come up with an alternate divisional idea to play along with Open that would be a fair way to allow all kinds of players to participate in the event to see what the USDGC was all about AND not have to play in Open.

Discraft already had the Amateur Championship and the PDGA had the regular divisions covered at both Worlds. The Performance Edition format was the answer to meet their goals. Despite the controversy, mostly from those familiar with the Open format, it seems like the Performance Edition is coming close to meeting their goals. Now all they need is to get a little closer PE competition than they've had so far.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 09:30PM
It is Brad, it's more than I ever won off one tournament in my pro disc golf career. Even when I cashed at the 2003 USDGC I think it was only about $315. Oh did I bring up that I cashed at the USDGC again??? It never gets old. Never! LOL LOL LOL Cody do you want my autograph?

Speaking of old, Cody must have been about 12 years old the last time I cashed at the USDGC. And might not have been old enough to walk when I TD'ed my first event! But do remind me Cody that I have a lot more to do before I can say I did anything at all.
October 09, 2012 12:34AM
you guys are just making your post count higher..

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013