Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Replacement Election for seat #3 Oct. 17th Deadline

Posted by Eric Day 
Replacement Election for seat #3 Oct. 17th Deadline
October 03, 2012 10:15PM
Following 3.9 of the Current SN handbook, An election will need take place to fill the vacant seat on the Board of Directors.

Pat Barnes had to step down from his seat on the B.O.D., Because of the time left before the next election someone will need take over his position on the board. Who ever is elected to the vacant seat will be on the board for the remainder of the term (Sep. 2013), This is not a full 2 year term.

Those who wish to nominate themselves for the vacant seat will need to do so by 11:59 pm on Oct. 17th 2012. You may post on this thread, PM Me, or Email me at Eday1022@aol.com.

Election will start Oct. 18th 2012 and last until 11:59 pm Nov. 5th 2012
Voting will be allowed via online vote in some form, either online poll or email/pm
In person ballots will be available at the Halloween Howler and Lee Naquin tournaments.

[www.sndg.org]
3.9 Board Member Removal, Resignation or Demise
3.9.1 The removal, resignation or demise of a board member shall vacate the seat of the board member.
3.9.2 Upon an elected SN board member (seats 1-6) vacancy the remaining Board members will determine based on length of vacancy whether to fill the vacancy or wait until the next election.
3.9.2.1 If less than 6 months remains until the next SN Board election date the position shall remain empty.
3.9.2.2 If more than 6 months remains the board member will be replaced.
3.9.3 If the SN Board falls below four (4) active elected members an election will be held regardless of the time until the next election.
3.9.4 Additional elections to replace a vacant elected position will follow the same parameters as Section 3.3 through 3.6 but the timeline and dates will be condensed/ determined by the board.
3.9.5 The honorary 7th seat if vacated by Jim Orum will remain unfilled until the next election. The position will revert to a fully participating elected two (2) year position and will follow the election parameters as outlined above in determining a replacement.
Re: Replacement Election for seat #3 Oct. 17th Deadline
October 04, 2012 07:44AM
I would like to nominate Mr. Kernan!

He's been spending his time working on those SN Ratings lately and would be a great addition to the SN BOD. Who knows, he might be the missing link to what SN needs on the BOD.

Thanks

Doug
October 04, 2012 09:22AM
I agree^^^^
October 04, 2012 10:06AM
I'll third that one.
No doubt in my mind that he would be a great addition.

Shame Pat had to step down. I feel sure he had been/would have been good for the sport, the Southern National Series and it's board.

Two questions.

1. Will Mike accept?

2. Has he angered so many people over the years, that the current board members will have a hard time working with him?

Don't get me wrong. I truly like Mike Kernan. But that Bluff Magee guy has been know to get me p.o.'d a time or two. ;-)
October 04, 2012 09:29PM
Doug, I never thought of Kernan as the Missing Link - more of a Skandor Akbar type. LOL
October 08, 2012 08:30PM
Agreed Mr kernan is a very wise and also excellent move for Sn that is whats up:-)
Anonymous User
October 10, 2012 08:40PM
Not everyone step up at once...

Maybe ill run, not like it looks hard to win, that way Tupelo can have monopoly on the BOD, get it , monopoly board, hehe.
October 10, 2012 11:40PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not everyone step up at once...
>
> Maybe ill run, not like it looks hard to win, that
> way Tupelo can have monopoly on the BOD, get it ,
> monopoly board, hehe.

The seat will not be left empty, I have had one person say they would run and few other I am waiting to hear back from.
October 11, 2012 11:47AM
Are there assigned duties for this BOD spot? I am interested in learning more about what a position on the BOD entails, what is asked of us, how much of my time it would take up. Let me know please and thank you.

James Lecy
October 11, 2012 11:53AM
we are in the process of delagating duties inside the BOD. We meet every 2 weeks on wednesday night at 8pm on an AIM chatroom. It's really hard to say how much of your time will be taken up in this position. Alot is going to depend on how active you would want to be.
October 11, 2012 06:56PM
How about asking someone who was nominated from the last election.
Anonymous User
October 11, 2012 08:11PM
Ain't no one seen downtown Jacob Brown since...
October 12, 2012 02:53PM
This would interest me but i would really like to know a little more about what the delegated responsibilities are before hand. This would be my first chance to really get involved in the decision making for SNDG (which I really would want to do if not now then in the future), but i would like to be spoon fed responsibilities until i got my feet under me......i hope this makes sense. After all maybe its time for me to step up to the plate and see what i can do to help this thing grow....

Lecy
Anonymous User
October 12, 2012 03:03PM
I think you would great addition to the BOD James.
October 12, 2012 03:05PM
But if i am not qualified for the job i completely understand that too, and thanks Dillon

Lecy
October 12, 2012 03:23PM
James-
What are you interested in doing? I think a few guys that wanted to be on the BOD listed some perks to what they could bring to the table for SN. So, what do you want done or can do?

I listed those Top 10 things SN could work on in another thread a year ago..................take a look at that and see if any of it was ever worked on. MANY people and players agree with nearly every bit of it.

Just for thoughts man.
October 12, 2012 04:45PM
Doug, alot of your ideas on the forum you started over a year ago deal with the same issue: updating the website so that it makes it easier to follow and track stats or progress of said issues. I agree with that for sure.

Player ratings, bag tags (where are they, how many do we have left, who has the # that i want) Online registration for tournaments through the SN wesite, and a way for getting sponsors names on the SN website. All of those can be tackled in one swoop by updating our website thoroughly....but it costs money to do those things. How much money does the SN actually have to play with to do these things?

I dont know the answer to that question but i would look into that cost and see what the BOD thinks we have available to us to continue advancing our technology so that we dont get left behind.....and i dont mean that we are....but additions to the website would be fantastic.

I was going to go through the entire schpeel (did i spell that right?) like you did on your post a year ago, but the bottom line is this BOD position is open for 1 year (ends sept. 2013) so alot of these issues hopefully have been discussed and decided on well before i even thought about jumping in the mix. Hence the statement from hudd stating that the duties are being delegated inside the BOD.

I am interested in tackling the issues/duties they have already started spinning their wheels on. Once i get my feet wet on the way that things are being done then i would like to add my input as time progresses. I hope this clears up a little bit of your question as to "what am i interested in doing for the SN",i dont have a clear picture of what is expected of me to the position that was filled that is not filled anymore, and i would look for veteran leadership from the BOD to show me the way, but i do know that if they are looking for someone to help out and do what was already set forth by the current BOD i would gladly help out on those duties, depending on what they want done from a new BOD member.....remember spoon feed me the way of SN BODship. I will learn and i will learn fast.

I am not perfect but if a slot is open and you guys need a hand just call my number.....just take it nice and slow for me at first and then you can watch me go.

as far as perks -- i want none, i want no compen$ation for the work that needs to be done for everyone to enjoy this game i love. Some people want to make money off this game because they feel they deserve it for the work they do.....i am not like that at all. I want the SN and disc golf as a whole to grow......however i can make that happen i probably would.

BOD -- if you cant fill the extra spot just call my number and i will be there. I am not scared to succeed or fail, let me know.

Lecy
October 15, 2012 11:22AM
I believe James Lecy is an excellent choice - James has become more and more involved in the Little Rock DG scene - he is an experiencd TD who comes at this position from the perspective of an active player....

I'd vouch for Lecy, but can assure you he doesn't need or require the "atta boys" - he knows he runs a great tourney experience and would represent the western side of our series well.....

If he runs he's got my vote and I'm sure for those in the SN that don't know James - you should - few people out there make your life better by just knowin' 'em.....props to you, James for considering undertakin' this position on the SN Board.....

'nuff of the nice-ities.....PEACE, out! Griff
October 15, 2012 12:16PM
If Southern Nationals doesn't get its act together with at LEAST trying to find insurance for us TD's out there, it will lose tournaments.

As for James, he has played many tournaments in his disc golf career. He has experience in playing events and now has been a Tournament Director to one SN event. He is working towards becoming more involved with disc golf and learning the ropes. He is a BIG fan of the Southern Nationals and wants to see it grow. He would have my vote. It could be better having new blood on the BOD.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 02:16PM
Yo Doug check this out for insurance:

[www.sndg.org]

I insured the PoG for 2013 for $138.

Now you can go back to rescuing the NPC from complete obscurity LoL

Sorry man, had to say it. Don't knock on the SN so much.
October 15, 2012 02:32PM
Bluff- This is why I put your name out there to replace the missing BOD! You can make things happen and get it done. This insurance is looking good for Liability and from what I was reading, it covers $1mil - $2mil on each time with a $1000.00 deductable. For 138 people the cost on a TD isn't terrible and much cheaper than what I was hearing.
With NPC being in complete obscurity by santioning through the PDGA, it does however cost me the TD only $75.00 for insurance at the B-tier event and $50.00 on the C-tiers which covers all spectators, event workers, along with players. I only quickly read the site you sent me so I am not 100% sure who all is covered for that 138 players, but it seems to be a great deal.
NOW, what kind of deal would they be willing to sell Southern Nationals for their business on ALL events sanctioned under them?
October 15, 2012 03:41PM
BOD -- if you want help just let me know, its no big deal to me either way. Yes i have not run many tournaments but have played in several over the years and i would be happy to help in any capacity i can. You guys just let me know. Bluff is clearly more qualified to do so but someday i would be interested in a BOD spot, thanks again

Lecy
October 15, 2012 03:54PM
Bluff and Lecy bring some new blood into the mix. Both of these guys should be on the board...or at least be brought in as consultants on how to run tournaments.

Just my 2 cents.
October 15, 2012 04:10PM
I think personally running tournaments doesn't make you more qualified than playing them. Does the BOD host tournaments together? No. They are there to strengthen the series and improve it. Lecy and Kernan have qualities that would improve this points series period. I am less worried about who has hosted events. Being a leader, organizer, promotor, etc..... Should be looked at.
October 15, 2012 04:24PM
Did Kernan except the nomination for election to the BOD? Would be good if he did. We need some left wing around here.
October 15, 2012 04:36PM
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 06:56PM
***Edited away the nonsense, take it to PM's if you have issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 08:13PM by Eric Day.
October 15, 2012 08:11PM
thanks Eric.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 08:14PM by wayneacree.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 08:13PM
Jim I am certain you will do a great job on the BoD if you are elected. As for me since there are three candidates already I will not be accepting any nominations. I will continue to do ratings for the events as TDs send in the results. Haven't gotten any results sent to me in weeks though so I can't do this months ratings until I get them. Like the last Tupelo event, John K said the results were sent to him with total score and not the round-by-round scores so we can't publish those ratings until we get the right scores. My email is underparmike@yahoo.com and I recommend Tupelo that you get Dillon to type those results up so he won't be so busy making a complete @ss of himself.

Doug, that would be a great idea for someone from the SN to see about a volume discount, but that price is rather low already. Especially if you think about it from the players' perspective, you will save every non-pDGA member $10 by buying insurance from EventHelper.com which as you know will be way less of a total cost to the players. And I'm glad you took my post in stride, I loved the NPC last year but this year I've been looking at your website and there is nothing posted anymore about membership, or even anything about next years' event other than the list of qualified players.

The thing about the SN is that it isn't as good as the pDGA but it provides way way way more value for the low price than the greedy snobs at the pDGA who do nothing except suck hundreds of thousands of dollars out if the sport and have little to show for it but a slow slow slow website with no one reading its forums, a course directory that is missing about 1,000 courses, and a pro Worlds payout that disappoints every year. I could go on and on but I would break Aaron Sims' little pDGA wannabe heart and I have crushed enough dreams already. LoL

/rant mode off
October 15, 2012 08:19PM
Okay with two days left until the deadline I have heard from two people saying they would run for election..
Jamie Massengale
Wade Bouchard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013