Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Replacement Election for seat #3 Oct. 17th Deadline

Posted by Eric Day 
Anonymous User
Re: Replacement Election for seat #3 Oct. 17th Deadline
October 15, 2012 09:34PM
Glad we got a couple of moderators who feel the need to abuse their privileges. These forums are out of control but god forbid I joke a MAD cover.
October 15, 2012 09:35PM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay with two days left until the deadline I have
> heard from two people saying they would run for
> election..
> Jamie Massengale
> Wade Bouchard

James Lecy put in his bid..........he even posted a "what he would do if he wins the vote"
October 15, 2012 09:48PM
thinking about dropping my name in

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
October 15, 2012 09:49PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Doug, that would be a great idea for someone from
> the SN to see about a volume discount, but that
> price is rather low already. Especially if you
> think about it from the players' perspective, you
> will save every non-pDGA member $10 by buying
> insurance from EventHelper.com which as you know
> will be way less of a total cost to the players.
> And I'm glad you took my post in stride, I loved
> the NPC last year but this year I've been looking
> at your website and there is nothing posted
> anymore about membership, or even anything about
> next years' event other than the list of qualified
> players.

Bluff- my website server did update their servers and apparantly my website back office wasn't saved to a file. So, I lost everything I worked on for a year! It was very frustrating to say the least. However, I have been adding a little at a time by having to establish everything from scratch again. I have been updating already qualified players and work has kept me completely busy from spending hours on the site at night. I just updated the Last Chance Qualifier Nov. 10, 2012 in Hot Springs, AR and getting ready for it. Once I get a bit more time, I will be doing a bit more promotions. I do earn a Christmas Break that will give me the time to really crack down on the site and make it worth reading.
Before the site crashed I was working on updating the NPCTour. I ended the NPC Membership and created an NPC Support package instead. This eliminated the Mandatory Membership to play in the NPC Championship. I assure you, I have been working hard on my contacts and getting businesses involved, but even advertising on my site is down.
About next years event, I have been working on many ideas for it to create a better event for all. I asked many players what their pro's and con's were and took them in consideration. Like finishing at Old Post, but might be in the same boat as BAP from Florida and government property. Having 3 rounds and a cut for all diviisons for a final 9 holes *not safari*, OB and Mando rules, Banquet, etc . . . you were there and know first hand how it was on me and little help. I have to fix that this time. Stay tuned though, it will be worth it as we move closer. The NPC Championship Qualifiers have increased by TRIPLE this year and MANY players are calling once qualified trying to pay their entry, but of course all players will get a chance to pay online Jan. 1, 2013.
October 15, 2012 10:50PM
Trackin01 Wrote:

> James Lecy put in his bid..........he even posted
> a "what he would do if he wins the vote"

"BOD -- if you cant fill the extra spot just call my number and i will be there. I am not scared to succeed or fail, let me know.

Lecy"

I sent him a PM, but I wasn't sure if James was running or saying he would go if nobody else ran.
October 16, 2012 06:55AM
Bluff, I will get with the TD of the Fall event from Tupelo and get these sent to you and JK by round. Thanks for letting us know.
October 16, 2012 09:07AM
Trackin - maybe I did not read your quote right - did you say being a TD does NOT give you more insight to how the DG universe works than being just a player who shows up and goes home?????

I am ASSUMING I misunderstood and/or misread that comment - that is NUTZ if you really believe that???????

You learn WAY more of the real world by running the show v. just playing a part in it!! Just my 2 cents - I would think that ALL SN Board members should have at least a history of assisting a TD - else they will never "get it".........Griff
October 16, 2012 09:31AM
I would like take my name off the list. I sent Eric a PM stating somewhat of the same, "If nobody is interested in this seat, I don't mind coming back for the remainder of Pat's term." But it seems there is interest (which is a good thing) and I would like to see some new blood on the BOD.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
October 16, 2012 09:47AM
MassiveJ thanks!!!
October 16, 2012 11:48AM
bryan griffin Wrote:
> Trackin - maybe I did not read your quote right -
> did you say being a TD does NOT give you more
> insight to how the DG universe works than being
> just a player who shows up and goes home?????
>
>
> I am ASSUMING I misunderstood and/or misread that
> comment - that is NUTZ if you really believe
> that???????
>
> You learn WAY more of the real world by running
> the show v. just playing a part in it!! Just my
> 2 cents - I would think that ALL SN Board members
> should have at least a history of assisting a TD -
> else they will never "get it".........Griff

Griff-
If you are refering to James being well experience in TD or helping out being a TD, then he wouldn't be qualified in your response. Thats why I promoted him due to the fact he has much experience as a player in events and has seen many of them unfold. Plus, he shows the skills needed for the SN BOD. I think a person who has leardership, passion for wanting to make something work, and drive to succeed is far better than someone who just host events. Not to say hosting events is a bad thing and it is a plus on your resume, but organization/people skills is needed too. The needs of SN are NOT in running tournaments, but merely making SN stronger, promoting it, and updating the series as a whole. Do you think by having added events to the SN schedule really promotes SN to the outside world of Southern Nationals? or Do you think the BOD should focus on getting its pionts series Championships popular by promoting it on DGLive TV or anywhere else that would bring in players who do travel? Also, would it be good for the BOD update the website, look into insurance for all events *as Mike K. and I have discussed*, etc . . . .
October 16, 2012 12:55PM
I think James Lecy would be a good addition.
October 16, 2012 01:26PM
Yes, put my name down. I would be happy to help the BOD out for a year. Whatever i can do to help SNDG series grow. I will happily help with the current duties delegated to me from the BOD and will be happy to have some insight to whatever ideas come up.

I apologize for the delayed response but it has been one heck of a day here at the office. Eric, please let me know if ou need anything else my friend. I am only human so i may make mistakes along the way (such is life) but for a year......i'm in.

"I am not scared to succeed or fail"

Those of you that know me know this is true. Heck, just watch me play discgolf lol.

James Lecy
October 16, 2012 01:53PM
Go get 'em, James - ya got my vote!
October 16, 2012 01:59PM
Track - my reference was to your quote that a player is as good as a TD when it comes to BoD matters......

you said: I think personally running tournaments doesn't make you more qualified than playing them. Does the BOD host tournaments together? No. They are there to strengthen the series and improve it. Lecy and Kernan have qualities that would improve this points series period. I am less worried about who has hosted events. Being a leader, organizer, promotor, etc..... Should be looked at.

What part of being the TD is not being the leader, organizer, promoter etc??????? In order to be a successful TD you MUST know and possess allof these attributes.....

In any event - it's all good - we AGREE that James is an excellent addition to the Board - I promoted James on the fact he IS an experienced TD....we need BIG PICTURE folks on the BoD......but we also need to remember this series is about the players.....AND is a RECREATIONAL series for most of us......

Peace! Griff
October 16, 2012 03:55PM
Doug, we all know your the "DT of the TD's baby" (to all: this is not ofensive, this is something i call Doug Trantham and we laugh about it).

Experience in running tournaments can be misconstrued with experience period. Experience running alot of SN events i dont have. Experience in playing SN events i do have.The main thing is that the BOD needs a helping hand and i am willing to do the job for a year.

Oh ya and per section 3.3.1 of the SN handbook i do not have to be a TD to qualify, i just need 2 points in the previous calender year (scheduled tournament year) .....and that i do have my friends.

I dont know the number but i must have at least played over 60 or 70 tournaments in my feeble disc golf career lol. I may lose waaayyyyy more than i win but i play on. Thats becasue for me its about the golf.

I know Doug and Griff just want whats best for the SN, and both of you have points that make complete sense.

Lecy
October 16, 2012 07:38PM
In response to Doug, I did inquire about insurance for SN tourrnaments about a year ago. I have the email traffic from the event insurers I contacted, they stated they would insure all 120ish sn tournaments for about $17000. It worked out to around $140 per tournament which was great per tournament but obviusly not workable on a series wide basis. I did inquire about the individual tournament td being able to contact the company if they wanted to obtain insurance but never got a definative answer either way.

It is something that should be looked into again with potentially another event insurer to see if we could get a good deal for bringing potentially 120 tournaments to them at the tds discretion.

Thanks to James and Wade for potentionally stepping up.

JOhn k
October 16, 2012 09:48PM
Officially throwing my name in. PM'd Eric

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
October 16, 2012 10:12PM
With about 26 hours left until the deadline, this is the list of those running...

Lloyd Wilkins
Wade Bouchard
James Lecy
October 17, 2012 01:11PM
Good, tough choices indeed - a fine addition to the BoD (maybe we should ADD a couple seats!!! ; )
Anonymous User
October 18, 2012 11:24AM
3 good candidates indeed, however James lecy is the only one to make a formal post with some of his insight on being on the BOD.
October 18, 2012 12:40PM
Anyone who would like to place their "Single" vote, may do so by PMing me with their First and Last name and who they wish to vote for. I will try to get an online poll going soon.
October 18, 2012 12:47PM
Eric, do we still plan on holding physical elections at the Howler and Lee Naquin?
October 18, 2012 12:48PM
Yes that is the plan, although I am not sure who will be handling them yet.
October 18, 2012 01:46PM
Click on link to place vote.

[docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013