Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ANONYMITY

Posted by BERNIE 
ANONYMITY
October 17, 2012 11:08AM
I think the people on this forum that choose to hide their identity shouldn't be allowed to post. It is an outlet to freely express your opinion, no matter who it affects, without any sort of repercussion. Which in my opinion is what is actually ruining these forums. People tend to say things that they never would in a normal situation. Where they could be held responsible for their comments or actions. This has been an ongoing problem on these forums for years. I believe that preventing these people from posting anonymously would greatly cut down the amount of crap the rest of us have to wade through to get information about the SN & our Disc Golf community.
Re: ANONYMITY
October 17, 2012 11:29AM
What about my name?? It's my first initial of my first name, tyler, and the first 3 of my last name, Madison. Is this acceptable? I was wondering about this the other day and if not am I able to change my name?
October 17, 2012 11:53AM
Your name is fine unless you want to hide your real identity
October 17, 2012 05:07PM
Only a troll would want to.
October 17, 2012 06:35PM
I am all for this. I get tired of people bashing TDs and others but not man enough to state their name
October 17, 2012 07:27PM
I couldn't have said it any better!!! Thanku Bernie for bringing this topic up!!! We still have trolls who use their real name though.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2012 09:51PM
Freedom of speech.
October 17, 2012 11:09PM
Freedom to make a rule that says no name no posting! !!!!!!
Plus we ALL know who will and wont say anything in person thats OBVIOUS!!!!! !!!! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 11:12PM by Discdodger333.
October 17, 2012 11:13PM
Bernie good topic here! !!!!!! Fo sho
October 18, 2012 04:35AM
The user name should not matter unless it is vulgar or offensive. Everybody who post on this forum should be required to have their correct name in their user profile!
October 18, 2012 04:46AM
Shouldn't be able to register without your real name when you sign up. BAN these Ip addresses from these spammer idiots. They are not BOTS, as I have had some conversations with these idiots via pm's. Got threatened a couple of times in a disagreement.
Anonymous User
October 18, 2012 08:06AM
The ghost of ScottyD has come back as a spammer.
October 18, 2012 08:17AM
well they both have one thing in common, they both can't speak ENGRISH.

October 18, 2012 08:18AM
Oh so TRUE; been asking fo that for a while. 90% of Golfers stay away because of this!!!
Dex
October 18, 2012 09:03AM
100% RIGHT

Good call Bernie

Freedom of speech is not altered at all, just let the people know who is speaking

Your call handle can be anything, but there should be a name attached to it in the properties

you don't have to stand tall, but you have to stand up

Thanks
Dex
October 18, 2012 09:36AM
good stuff bernie; darn thats hard for me to say!!!!
October 18, 2012 09:49AM
SOOOOO,
Let's have theo Bod put this on the next meeting's agenda and SOLVE this issue........
Anonymous User
October 18, 2012 11:27AM
Y'all get real. It's the Internet, no way to enforce this.
October 18, 2012 01:56PM
I like how some of the people for this have their name hidden lol.
October 18, 2012 05:55PM
I'm glad to hear everyone's opinions on the matter. It seems to be almost unanimous that most of us prefer to be able to identify who is posting. I can see quite a few benefits from instituting this rule. The main one being that people are less likely to spout off a bunch of pointless nitpicky insults & criticisms if their identity was known. Specifically because they woud be held accountable for those actions. We have always had a few select pot stirrers that have been running people off from these forums for years. I say we do what we can to improve these forums. & yes we can enforce this very simply! By not allowing someone to log in & post without providing their info in the user profile section.
Anonymous User
October 18, 2012 06:15PM
I think it would be a good idea for the new SN website.

(the website that they need to invent)
October 18, 2012 08:33PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it would be a good idea for the new SN
> website.
>
> (the website that they need to invent)

Who is this Bluff Magee?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
October 18, 2012 09:30PM
^ anonymous poster that wont say anything in person anymore cause he was called out for saying something in person to said person on this thread lol........ps my real name is not what my sign in name is on sndg :-p.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Anonymous User
October 19, 2012 07:36AM
BERNIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm glad to hear everyone's opinions on the
> matter. It seems to be almost unanimous that most
> of us prefer to be able to identify who is
> posting. I can see quite a few benefits from
> instituting this rule. The main one being that
> people are less likely to spout off a bunch of
> pointless nitpicky insults & criticisms if their
> identity was known. Specifically because they woud
> be held accountable for those actions. We have
> always had a few select pot stirrers that have
> been running people off from these forums for
> years. I say we do what we can to improve these
> forums. & yes we can enforce this very simply! By
> not allowing someone to log in & post without
> providing their info in the user profile section.

Lets think one second... How are you going to enforce this? There are thousands of names in the results, what's stopping me from using one? Or a complete fake name? If someone wants to post on here without you knowing who they are, they'll do it, one way or another.

No way to do it. Period.

To use the PDGA forums you're required to use a password that you get with your membership card. The SN will never get that high tech. Ever.
October 19, 2012 08:03AM
I think there are ways to enforce it, to a degree. No posting privileges until the moderator(s) verify you or your playing record.
Seems like an easy way to keep the forum inline.

May work, or it may not. Sounds like a good place to start.
Anonymous User
October 19, 2012 11:37AM
How are you going to verify someone Wayne? Look how little work is done on here. Hard work could be going toward something more important.

Who says you have to play SN to post? Tax Man, Chuck Kennedy, and HB Clarke haven't played SN events. They still post on here.

Just a waste of time and nothing can be done about it.
October 19, 2012 11:44AM
that is a good point Dillon. Maybe having some of the forums designated for verified players only? Don't really know how to fix it, but doing nothing is not a step in the right direction.
October 19, 2012 12:13PM
Dillion HB Clarke has played in SN events. Get you facts straight before you post!
October 19, 2012 03:36PM
Dillon u sound like obama! Liar!
October 19, 2012 03:53PM
Why insult Obama like that?
In all seriousness, this isn't the place for politics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 03:57PM by wayneacree.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013