Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Competition Players vs "Funzy" Player

Posted by Trackin01 
Competition Players vs "Funzy" Player
October 21, 2012 07:08PM
How many of you Men/Women out there are just a "funzy" player or a Competition Player. What is the difference?

Funzy player: someone who plays mainly in local mini events, some competitions, but never spends the extra time to practice on their game. However, wants to WIN the game whenever they play.

Competition player: one who competes in events, focuses on their weak parts of their game and practices on it. Spends the extra time needed to focus on their game. Goes to the local course not just to putt around, but spends time on his upshots, drive techniques, and a variety of shots needed for their game.
Anonymous User
Re: Competition Players vs "Funzy" Player
October 21, 2012 07:46PM
Funzy here.
October 21, 2012 07:52PM
Funzy
October 21, 2012 08:25PM
Funzy player.....when it's not funzy .....I'll quit playing
October 21, 2012 08:29PM
Competition player
October 21, 2012 08:41PM
my life is funzy..........

October 21, 2012 09:17PM
I would like to say competition, but my skills say "funzy".
October 21, 2012 10:57PM
Competition, but I have fun doing it. They are hating on you over on DGCR.
October 22, 2012 05:56AM
i am a funzy competitor, this means i want to have "The MOST FUN" ... because the one who has the most fun wins, or so i've been told...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
October 22, 2012 07:43AM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Competition, but I have fun doing it. They are
> hating on you over on DGCR.

LOL its silly to think people actually took the word "funzy" personally and throw a fit over it. Regardless, its only a title of a topic and people seem to understand it, except the two few bad apples that take go overboard.
October 22, 2012 02:58PM
I wish i had the time to take and go and practice on my weak points, i mean dont get me wrong sometimes i do but most of the time its a funzy round with the fellas afterwork, or a competative round atthe Mini's we have.

Sometimes while i compete (be it a tourny or a fun round with the fellas) i try different shots ....lol....so i guess that makes me both ...eitther that or i cant commit to being a true competition player....either way its for the funzy of it :) Good stuff

Lecy
October 22, 2012 04:20PM
Trackin01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many of you Men/Women out there are just a
> "funzy" player or a Competition Player. What is
> the difference?
>
> Funzy player: someone who plays mainly in local
> mini events, some competitions, but never spends
> the extra time to practice on their game. However,
> wants to WIN the game whenever they play.
>
>

I guess I'm not even to Funzy level yet. I tend to play against the course and/or my past and not think about playing against other players.
October 22, 2012 04:23PM
Track....hate to steal some thunder.....but the "politically correct" way to approach this topic would be:

Competitors v. Participators

I've spent a lifetime participating at DG events, however, I spend much less of tha time being a competitor!!

A lifetime advanced player's words to live by!!!! AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Griff
October 23, 2012 08:24AM
Gary Wagoner = Funzy. If disc golf meant more to me than getting some exercize, competing with friends, partying at tournaments and having a good time I would be playing in PDGA events.
October 24, 2012 04:46PM
I went and played an entire round yesterday and forehanded, tomahawked, and thumbed the entire round (even when the shot didnt call for it haha) Man was it funzy lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013