Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RIP Zephyr Man

Posted by WillyBT 
RIP Zephyr Man
November 05, 2012 05:47PM
Just got the news this afternoon that our brother Bobby "Zephyr Man" DiBenedetto died this morning of a heart attack.

I don't have any of the info on the visitation, funeral, or any of the details, but I know that many of us have been blessed to have known him, and I wanted to make sure that his disc golf family was informed.

I can not go to Greenwood Park in Baker LA without thinking about how he cared so deeply for that park and the course that we had/have.

You will be Greatly missed my Brother.

Pure unconditional love for my Zephyr Man. RIP

Willy BT
Re: RIP Zephyr Man
November 05, 2012 06:08PM
That is very sad news. My prayers and condolences go out to Bobby's family and friends. To me he was Greenwood Park and always will be.

Joe T
November 05, 2012 06:16PM
Well said, Will. He was a special person. He cared about everyone other than himself more than just about anyone I've ever known. I sure did love and will miss him. I know a lot of people feel the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
November 05, 2012 11:26PM
November 05, 2012 11:31PM
Sorry to hear this, Bobby was one of the good guys.
Dex
November 06, 2012 08:15AM
Rest in peace BROTHER, we will miss you

The ''Santa Slinger'' scheduled for Dec 1st. will now be the ''ZEPHYRMAN MEMORIAL'' at Greenwood Park !!

I know Bobby will be there watching and laughing his @#$%& off!

Dex
November 06, 2012 12:10PM
Well said WillyBT!!! Love the pictures too!

I just spoke with Adam, the funeral arrangements are listed below. Adam said that if anyone has any framed pictures of Bobby that they would like to bring to please do so, and they will display them.

Thursday, November 8, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.--Viewing
Thursday, November 8, 4:00 p.m.--Services
Baker Funeral Home
6401 Groom Road, Baker, LA

It would be really nice to see our disc golf family show up in full force to support Bobby's family and to say goodbye to a dear friend.

RIP Bobby!!!

Thanks,
Robin
November 07, 2012 11:12AM
great pictures Steve Timm. Thanks much for posting those.
November 07, 2012 11:48AM
Here is Bobby's obituary. For those of you who can't make it to the services, you can go online and sign his guest book if you would like to.

A resident of Baker, he passed away suddenly in Zachary on Monday, November 5, 2012. He was 55, a native of Baton Rouge, and a former pipefitter with Harmony Construction. His life will be celebrated at Baker Funeral Home, 6401 Groom Road, Baker, on Thursday, November 8, 2012 from 2pm until memorial service at 4pm, conducted by Rev. Daniel Parker. Survived by wife, Tracy Wilkinson DiBenedetto; father and step-mother, Leon Charles and Alfie DiBenedetto; two daughters and a son-in-law, Kayla DiBenedetto and Timothy Kimmel, and Kelsi DiBenedetto; son and daughter-in-law, Casey Adam and Ashley Griffith DiBenedetto; sister, Janet Nettles; two brothers and a sister-in-law, James Charles and Stephanie DiBenedetto, and Alan DiBenedetto; three grandchildren, Kaitlyn Addison, Grayden Fisher, and Alyssa Griffith; numerous nieces and nephews and close friends; Mike Ringe, Nathan Hebert, and all of the boys that he loved and treated as his own sons. Preceded in death by his mother, Evelyn Whitworth DiBenedetto, and a nephew, Justin DiBenedetto. Bobby loved the outdoors, especially fishing, hunting, gardening, LSU baseball, and The Camp. He loved discgolf, and was known as "The Zephyr Man." In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Bob's memory. Please sign the online guestbook at [www.bakerfuneralhomeonline.com].

RIP Zephyr Man!!!!
November 07, 2012 03:20PM
RIP Bobby you were always good to my children on the course. You will be missed by all. Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
November 07, 2012 06:26PM
Nice photos of Bobby, Steve. Brings back some fond memories of the Zephyr Man. I won't be able to be at his memorial but I did sign the online guestbook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 06:30PM by misterbogey.
November 08, 2012 02:29PM
Just smooth it Zephyrman.........you will be greatly missed

Jmart
November 08, 2012 04:20PM
RIP "Z"

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
Anonymous User
November 12, 2012 11:10AM
Still bummed out about this...definitely miss the Zephyrman.
November 14, 2012 10:42AM
ditto

November 26, 2012 05:26PM
I hated to hear this. I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby and he was a very cool guy. He was a very unique person.

rWc3523
October 08, 2013 01:46PM
After being away from disc golf for about 5 years, I started playing again with my son this summer. We both enjoy it so much, we can't figure out why we ever stopped playing. Anyway, I started looking at the tournament schedule for the coming months and saw the "Zephyrman Memorial" scheduled for early December. Knowing what the "memorial" part of the name almost certainly meant, I searched the site and found this thread.

Bobby was a different sort of cat, but he had a good heart, and truly loved disc golf and Greenwood. Everyone who played there thought of him as a friend. I know he spent many countless hours tending to and improving the course. It seemed to me to be a labor of love.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I wanted to chime in my thoughts on Bobby. RIP. You are missed.

I am happy to say that the first tournament I'll play in after my extended absence will be the one named in his honor.

Danny Wallette
Dex
October 09, 2013 07:12AM
Danny we will look forward to seeing you there

Be Safe

Dex
October 11, 2013 03:43PM
Don't be sorry for that Danny!
We miss him everytime we are at Greenwood.

October 12, 2013 08:24PM
I plan on making it this year.
October 16, 2013 06:48PM
Dex, I sent you a PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013