Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Martin Park Park DGC is finally done

Posted by Jazzcaster 
Martin Park Park DGC is finally done
November 14, 2012 03:33PM
I played a round at lunch today and I am happy to report that the city has finished clearing the fairways on 8 and 9. The Mando's on 2 and 3 have been marked and the course is finally playable as apparently intended, including some additional clearing on 9 since last week that will make it easier to throw straight off the 9th tee (there was a tree still blocking this last week).

For those who have never played this course, it is a 3,521, par 31, 9-hole course. It has several holes with hazards:

Tall fence OB on holes 1 and 4, water on holes 3, 4 and 5, a large Pitbull on 7 that sounds like it wants to eat you (no barking, just a concerted effort to break it's chains and jump the fence accompanied by very heavy and surprisingly loud breathing) and fenced apartments OB on 8. There is a new playground, pavillion with BBQ grill, restrooms and a Sheriff's substation/DARE facility in the park.

Here is an updated course map:

Below is a scorecard I made for the course, a printable copy is here.

Re: Martin Park Park DGC is finally done
November 14, 2012 04:08PM
If the pit jumps the fence, what will be your strategy? I think he hates you more.
November 14, 2012 04:11PM
Don't matter which one of you guys he likes...just matter which one of you are faster....cause Jazz aint gotta out run that dog...he just gotta out run you.
November 14, 2012 04:19PM
Jazz usually smells of pepper sauce. I think he's toast.
November 14, 2012 04:46PM
I fixed the map.

BTW, dogs hate pepper sauce.
November 14, 2012 05:09PM
Maybe he just wants to play fetch with the discs?
November 14, 2012 08:20PM
We can test that. I'll watch from a distance and you throw your Tracker in there and see if he tries to bring it back to you.
November 15, 2012 08:58AM
I cannot reach him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013