Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Louisiana Doubles

Posted by vl 
vl
Louisiana Doubles
March 06, 2002 08:51PM
Louisiana Doubles 02
First Annual
SNQ
PDGA XCTIER
March (15) 16 - 17, 2002
Baton Rouge, La. 4 ROUNDS
Saturday: GREENWOOD
Sunday: HIGHLAND

Open: $100 per team
Pro Master: $90 per team
Pro Women: $80 per team
Advanced Master: $70 per team
Advanced: $70 per team (Mens & Womens)
Intermediate $60 per team (Mens & Womens)

TD: Todd Traylor PDGA #12396
11070 Mead Road #1006 BR, LA.70816
225-252-0893

Bring Your Partner
Best Disc

We will be set up at Greenwood on Fri Mar 15th near Hole #8 for early registration.

Plaques in all divisions for First and Second Place. Each partner gets a plaque for 1rst & 2nd place...

There is free camping at Greenwood.
vl
Re: Louisiana Doubles
March 07, 2002 10:33AM
Scheduling wise, we did our best to offer an event date that did not conflict with SN, PDGA, or the (_!_)loads of Texas events.

That's kinda hard to do. They seem to have an event every weekend. As it works out there is no conflicting regional dg events but I could be mistaken...

Anyway, we are a couple of weeks out from the event and the wheels are in motion. Brec has (as usual) given us support by providing plaques at a nominal fee wich helps not eat up event budget.

Saturday: Greenwood Park - Baker, LA
[pdga.com]

I-10 to I-110 north of Baton Rouge to Scotlandville exit, right, 2 miles then right at park sign. Go to large parking lot at back of park. 1st hole next to playground. Keep driving around toward front of park and Hole 8 will be on your left. (We meet in the parking area by the pavilion near Hole 8...)

---------

Sunday: Highland Park, Baton Rouge, LA
[pdga.com]

From I-10, exit Siegen Lane, go south 3 miles to a left on Highland Road, 2nd left to Amiss, 1st right to North Amiss, right to parking lot. Park by playground and head straight (south) about 100 yards to 1st tee.

Get yourself a partner & bring your game!
March 07, 2002 12:38PM
Actually, there is the Chicasobogue Open being played on the 16th. I don't sweat it though. Less Mobile arms just makes me want to play more.
vl
March 07, 2002 02:03PM
When we received confirmation over two months back from BREC & the PDGA

i notified Jimo asap thereafter, to get SN sanctioning too...

That weekend is what BREC could let us "have"

Back then this web site did not list that march chickasabogue event you mentioned...

o well. we tried...

Right after the LA OPEN in Dec 2001, Todd selected the weekend after the City of Mobile Championships-- as the "slot" for the LA DOUBLES hoping to not conflict with longstanding established tournaments.

We looked at last years tourney schedule (and the year before) and did not notice that weekend (mar 16 - 17) already had an event.

Will this be the First annual Chickasabouge Open for that weekend? I did not see it on old schedules... O well...

We tried to get a weekend that doesn't conflict with Texas State Doubles or National Doubles (seperate Pro & Am weekends) OR the City o Mobile Champs...

It is getting more difficult to find weekends that do not conflict with other events... that is a fact.

Anyway, Ive received emails from some Texans and other folks who are traveling on the PDGA tour that are going to try to attend.
March 07, 2002 07:31PM
the highland course has new tbox placements on almost all the holes. most of them have "barely" been moved-- just relocated to a location where there is grass.

it was getting to the point that it was dangerously slick at many of the old tbox
locations (herds of golfers packing in the soil at the tboxs)

thanks to errin lewis for all the volunteer labor.

and thanks to terry z for working on the nice new bench at hole #8 at highland.

btw, we will be working on the pro tboxs at greenwood this weekend. holes # 4 & 5 need help.

from what i know, todd plans to use these tbox assignments for the LA DOUBLES event...

Sat - Greenwood
Orange - Red
Pros, Pro Master, Adv. Adv Master
Orange - Orange
All other divisions

Sun Highland
Orange - Yellow
Pros, Pro Master, Adv. Adv Master
Orange - Orange
All other divisions

__________________-

also, todd has purchased a run of stamped discs as a fundraising effort for the September La Open event... we should have them in by the Doubles tourney.
March 07, 2002 09:07PM
Hey next time give us a little more notice on the Doubles tournament! Sounds fun.

Brad
March 07, 2002 09:34PM
we've been promoting it since Jan 02, handing out flyers, www.ldga.org , etc...

i had requested some time ago to have it posted in the tournament listing in this web site, but i understand the nature of volunteerism so things don;t always occur in a timely manner...

besides, i should've thought of using this forum sooner...

yea, a doubles tourney sounded like a fun idea. both courses are excellent for playing doubles so we are hoping for a good time :)

and nice weather !

we've had a fair amount of email inquiries and folks asking us about the event on the local courses, so it looks like we'll get a decent turnout.
Friday before the event
March 08, 2002 10:58AM
There will likely be a Friday (Mar 15) afternoon doubles and / or warm up round after 3 PM at the Greenwood course...

As mentioned, we will be set up around hole #8 for registration and at some point we are going to throw a round... :)
March 09, 2002 05:37AM
The plaques are ready!

They looked good!
next weekend!
March 11, 2002 10:39AM
whoohoo, one more week to geaux!

four rounds of doubles in two days...
(2 at greenwood and 2 at highland)

todd wanted to organize two annual pdga events per year in BR. (this doubles event and the LA OPEN in Sept)

the main motive for the doubles event is fun. so many regional cities hold doubles leagues that we felt the doubles event was a worthy effort. especially on those courses.

get yourself a partner and show up for one of the premier doubles battles of the season.

bring your game. there are going to be some unbelievably low scores on these two courses- i betcha...
next weekend!
March 11, 2002 02:02PM
just spoke with some of the lafayette dg'ers and it sounds like the acadiana park krewe is coming in full force. whoohoo.

each division should prove to be pretty darn competitive... this is going to be a blast!

who will be the doubles champions of louisiana!?

i hope we get some women's teams. we got plaques for womens divisions too...

and it looks like we might just miss getting mauled by the early march weather lion.
R.A.
March 12, 2002 07:27AM
Have you heard from any pro women about wanting to play? I would love to play, but the pro women I have spoken with are not coming to this event. If you hear of any, please post it and I will check this forum throughout the week.

Thanks,
Robin A.
womens divisions
March 12, 2002 08:40AM
Hey Robin,

I have been sending emails and announcing the event in the PDGA forum for quite a while in an attempt to entice golfers to the event. (men & women both)

Some of the Texans claim they are bringing their wifes & daughters, but I have not been able to confirm this...

I'll keep trying and will let you know asap if i hear anything...

We have plaques for womens divisions...

Victor
v
weather
March 14, 2002 09:44PM
from the national weather service (online)

SATURDAY
AREAS OF DENSE FOG LIFTING AROUND MID MORNING...OTHERWISE MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND A FEW
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S.

SUNDAY
AREAS OF DENSE FOG LIFTING AROUND MID MORNING...OTHERWISE PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND A FEW
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013