Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013 LargeMouth Disc Golf Tour

Posted by sand2bass2 
2013 LargeMouth Disc Golf Tour
December 19, 2012 11:37PM
Introducing the 2013 LargeMouth Disc Golf Tour presented by some lucky company that has yet been determined. This will be a series of at least 6 events on courses near the Hub City including Pearl River Landing (Columbia), Ashe Lake (Brooklyn), and Desert Fox (Hattiesburg). Points will be awarded and calculated based on performance and a few other things including bag tags and pre-registration.

The plan for now is to have 2 events at each of the 3 courses mentioned above with a series ending championship the Sunday after the last event of the year. The championship will carry a $10 entry fee only, with lots of extras being paid out so that the players will get way more out than they had to put in. Half of all sponsorships collected through out the year will go to the championship while the other half will go to the 6 "qualifiers". Anyone who wishes to sponsor will get exposure at all events rather than just one, thus maximizing their dollar.

The minor details are still being smoothed out but you will earn points at each qualifier earning yourself a spot in the series finale which will be a 1 round last chance point getter where points will be doubled. Afterwards the points champions will be determined and everyone will be placed in order of their final point totals for the year. At this point we will play 18 holes of skins (for each card) for everything left in the kitty plus the $10 entry fees.

As of now the 6 qualifiers will be the following events:
Winter Fox Open - PBJ State Park
Bombs over Brooklyn - Ashe Lake
Columbia Clash - Pearl River Landing DGC
Summer Sizzler - Ashe Lake DGC
Fox Hunt - PBJ State Park
Pearl River Rundown - PRL DGC

More details to come...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2012 11:42PM by sand2bass2.
Re: 2013 LargeMouth Disc Golf Tour
December 21, 2012 09:56AM
Sounds awesome.. Ready to get it going.. Let me know about the sponserships when you get it worked out, bc you know I got one for you.. Also how much will the Title sponserships be?

Curry Williams
Throw Innova
PDGA# 34413
December 22, 2012 12:56PM
I am hoping to get 2k, but would settle for less if that couldn't be done.

More details:

5 points for entering each qualifier
5 bonus points for pre registration
2 points for each person you beat ( in your division)
2 bonus points for consecutive tournies played (progressively grows with each tourney played)
Bonus point CTP's at each qualifier

There will be a discount offered on entry fees for an annual pre registration. If anyone is willing to sign up for all 6 tournies in advance, I will knock $5 off for each event saving you $30 on the year. A pretty sweet deal if you are willing to make the commitment to the tour.

You must play in 2 qualifiers to play in the season finale.

More to come....
December 22, 2012 10:04PM
sounds sweet! like a new format to keep things interesting and raise the stakes a bit.
December 24, 2012 10:58PM
Good Luck Tony!! It was nice too see u again in BR!
December 25, 2012 10:00AM
Thanks Brad!! Always good to see a class act such as yourself! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year brotha!!

If you decide you want to attend some of these events, you can always crash at my pad. We have a spare room for you anytime you want to visit the Hub City...

TB
December 27, 2012 10:12PM
Tony, I must ask you this tho before making a decision. Will the ADVANCE division be considered an AM division. or OPEN or PRO..or what..I recently played a fluke event where. Adv players were called. NOT AN AM division...... I myself am an advance player,but what I was told im not AN AM...so define ADVANCE AM..as apposed to AM...I mean u can't have advance NOVICE... LOL just saying.... what im asking is this... in your event. will ADVANCE be a part of the AM division. or can I bring a ton of ADVANCE LEFT HANDED players and NOT have a right handed AM on my card. LOL
December 27, 2012 10:39PM
Wow! I am not one to be easily confused, but at this point I am so confused....

Say what? Again??
December 28, 2012 11:19PM
Think I got my title sponsor on the hook today. Nothing for sure yet, but they didn't shoot me down when I mentioned the large amount of $$$ I'm hoping to get. Fingers crossed everyone!! That money could go a long way.....
December 29, 2012 03:39PM
Just what a sponsor wants to be, on the hook...
December 30, 2012 11:15AM
More details:

25 bonus points for having a SN Bag Tag (awarded only once)
15 bonus points for having an HDGA Bag Tag (awarded only once)
10 bonus point CTP's (1 at each event for all divisions)
10 Bonus points for every $100 worth of sponsorships found
5 bonus points for each child a parent/guardian brings to play an event

My goal is to award REALLY, REALLY nice trophies to the points champions at the end of the year, as well as REALLY nice prizes too!

I hope to give portable baskets to the points champs of the Intermediate, Advanced and Adv. Masters divisions, and would gladly give one to the Junior division if we have decent turnouts at the events. All Pro division points champs will receive a cash bonus at the end of the year. The amount will depend on sponsorships raised and money brought in from each qualifier.

I will be taking $1 per player from all entry fees at the qualifiers throughout the year to go toward the championship. Some of this money will go toward end of the year prizes and some will go toward the skins match at the Sunday Championship.

If there are any tournament directors in south MS that would like to get on board with the tour, all I require to get sanctioned is a $1 per player fee to go toward the tour. For this $1 per player fee you will allow YOUR players to earn points toward the championship (making it much easier for your locals to earn a spot in the finale) plus LargeMouth DG Productions will bring a slice of sponsorships raised to your event. In other words you will most likely get more out of it than you put in.... Contact me (Tony Bass) if you are interested or have questions.

More to come....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 07:01PM by John K.
December 30, 2012 12:09PM
Also, if a TD chose to sanction with the 2013 LargeMouth Tour, the first 20 players that pre register for said event will receive a free LM Tour tee shirt.

Also, if a TD gets on board before the shirts are printed (looking at mid January to get the shirts done) their event name will be included in the tee-shirt design.

This is a great deal I am offerring to the TD's of South MS. For a very small fee your event will gain many benefits. Please consider my offer....

Tony Bass
January 04, 2013 09:13AM
I would like to thank our first annual sponsor, Sequoyah Golf Management LLC, for their generous donation to this great tour!!! They have agreed to sponsor a round of golf for 4 for all 6 tour events this year. Valued at $340 apiece, this is a great prize for anyone who likes to swing the sticks. Thank you Joe Langford!!

Hopefully, this is just the first of many sponsors to come.... Stay tuned.
January 06, 2013 08:44AM
I would like to thank our 2nd annual sponsor of the LM tour, TAS garage doors of Hattiesburg for their generous donation to our great sport. Look for their information on the backs of the tour teeshirts that will be coming soon...

Thanks again Al Sanford, from the players of the Southern Nationals!!

TB
January 08, 2013 12:39PM
Thank you to Academy Sports for becoming our third annual sponsor of the LARGEMOUTH TOUR. Their generous donation of gift cards will be awarded as CTP's at each event throughout the year.

Be sure and patronize Academy Sports every chance you get!

Thanks again Academy!!

TB
January 13, 2013 07:25PM
Thanks to our fourth annual sponsor of the LMDG Tour, Advantage Pharmacy and Compounder located at 6375 HWY 98W, Hattiesburg, MS. Please stop in soon and show these nice people that disc golfers patronize their sponsors!! Thank you Todd Nace!!

TB
RTG
January 14, 2013 10:40AM
I think it would be a good idea to list what the sponsorship is for each sponsor,not just this one or that one. Thanks
January 14, 2013 12:44PM
Thanks for the input RTG!! Hope you can make it!!
RTG
January 14, 2013 01:17PM
TB I am hoping to one day make one of your events. Thanks Keep up the great work!!!
January 14, 2013 08:22PM
Yeah! Try and make it to at least 2 of the qualifiers so you can get in the championship where big time bonuses and trophies are going to be awarded to some lucky individuals.

Hope to see you there!

TB
January 15, 2013 11:43PM
At this time I would like to thank our fifth annual sponsor of this tour, Sakura Japanese restaurant of Hattiesburg, MS. Sakura has the finest sushi in town as well as a great Japanese cuisine menu. Please stop in and show the Sakura family some love from the disc golf world, as they have shown us some today! Thank you Sakura!!
January 24, 2013 06:55AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

CFR GLOW CHAMPION TEEBIRDS are on sale now to raise funds for the LargeMouth Disc Golf Tour Championship. They are only $12 and all profits go directly to the championship, so please help support the tour by purchasing one.

Also, another incentive to buy is to get bonus tour points which goes toward securing your spot in the skins finale at the end of the year. Each disc purchased will net you 10 tour points.

If you missed the first stop on the tour and are looking for a way to make up that ground, this could be the answer you've been looking for. The 10 points you will receive for buying this disc is about the same as if you played in an event and beat 3 people. So get a jump on your points championship today by purchasing one...
January 31, 2013 05:16PM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have contacted Blessed Lettuce of Nawlins to do some of the hanging skateboard trophies he has done in the past for the points champions of the LM Tour. If you have never seen one before, they are some of the coolest trophies out there. They look AWESOME hanging on the wall!

I will have only 4 made and they will go to the points champions of the main men divisions (Open, Advanced & Intermediate) and of the Pro Women division.

For a sneak peek of a past one he did for the LA Open 2009, check out my latest Facebook post.

Better start getting your points!!
January 31, 2013 07:01PM
I thought this was a TOURNAMENT forum not an advertisement forum for a tour. Guess I am wrong!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 31, 2013 07:40PM
Contradicting yourself there Keith???

What does it matter to you anyway???
January 31, 2013 07:57PM
Just stating the reason for this forum....this belongs in the general forum. Promote you SN events here all you want.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 31, 2013 08:15PM
Yeah I was thinking this was borderline also, I thought I was the only one. I will move it to general discussion. Sorry if this upsets You Tony, just look at it as getting Your info out on two forums.
January 31, 2013 09:22PM
This is a tour of SN events, that are tournaments. So why would this not go under the SN tournament thread like any other?

Are you making this decision on your own Eric? Because you are not the dictator of the forum, nor is Keith. I would like to hear who else on the SN board agreed with this and said you could move it b/c I totally disagree!!
January 31, 2013 09:47PM
I felt it was a tread for each SN event, otherwise every TD could post a thread for every tour or for TD's and clubs that host several events. If another Board member want to move back then that is fine, I won't make a big deal about it. I feel this opens a loop hole for any series to post all their event is the SN forum rather all the events are SN or not.

Like I said before hand, I am sorry that it has upset you. All Admins on the forum make moves and edits all the time without asking each other, If we did so then nothing would get done in a timely fashion. Once again I'm sorry that this has upset you.
January 31, 2013 10:01PM
So then you admit to taking it upon yourself to do this huh?? Without opinions from other BOD members??

I was not aware that there were so many "tour"/ miniseries under the SN umbrella that it was a problem. Please enlighten me of these other series that are all SN events???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013