Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cam Colglazier moving on.........

Posted by Trackin01 
Cam Colglazier moving on.........
December 20, 2012 07:31PM
Here is his quote from Facebook:

"I'd just like to thank Innova for this past year and making it possible for me to have a successful rookie season! I couldn't have done it without the support from them and I am very thankful. Looking ahead into my disc golf career I think some changes need to be made for me to be even more successful. Thanks again innova, but I'm moving on to something GREAT! I can't wait until 2013!" -Cam

Good Luck Cam. All of the Pro's are making a change with Discraft and Innova losing many of their players. Looking forward to seeing how you do this season...............don't forget if you plan to add the NPC Championships to your schedule Registration will begin Jan. 1 - May 1, 2013. At www.npctour.com
Anonymous User
Re: Cam Colglazier moving on.........
December 20, 2012 08:36PM
I can't wait to see what the heck is making all these pros jump ship. Sounds like some new company has more $$$ than sense.

I am going to predict this new company is a flop. Just a hunch.
December 20, 2012 09:54PM
Flop? Kinda the way u are at catching fish! LOL! Happy Holidays brother
December 20, 2012 10:09PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't wait to see what the heck is making all
> these pros jump ship. Sounds like some new company
> has more $$$ than sense.
>
> I am going to predict this new company is a flop.
> Just a hunch.

This event is going to be a litmus test for the sport, whatever it is. It takes big money and a ton of connections to succeed in sports marketing...part of me agrees with Bluff about "flop" but part of me thinks someone has a recipe for success.
December 21, 2012 07:17AM
New company called "Mayan Mania" where the disc predicts what you score b4 the round.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
December 21, 2012 09:29AM
Burning bridges can get risky. Those sponsors made them what they are, but I do not know the whole story, so hopefully its for the good.
December 21, 2012 09:38AM
I don't think they r worried about burning bridges

pretty sure if one of the best players in the world wanted to go back to Innova if this did flop, they would accept them with open arms
December 21, 2012 09:39AM
Wait to u see the list of folks jumping ship from innova and discraft.
Big list of pros
Paige
Will
Nikko
Jerm
Uli
Catrina
Cam
Devon O
Mcbeth
Cale
Double G
And some more just watch
And the disc company is Prodiscus disc is some of the plastic they will all be using :-)
December 21, 2012 09:44AM
Keep a look out for Prodigy discs .......that is the inside scoop if your curious. Prodiscus is what Devon Owens went to
Anonymous User
December 21, 2012 09:53AM
Does anyone have any insight as in to why?

I mean all these pros supposely jumping off the #1 disc company for companies no one has even heard of? I heard ABC disc is looking for a poster child...
December 21, 2012 11:20AM
But if innova sees that the their profits not change then why would they accept them back? Innova and discraft may not lose any profits at all from them leaving.

Or if they cost them a lot of money and have bad blood why would they accept them back?

There is a lot of different scenarios that could happen. We will see with time

(not sayin any of these thing would happen)

bazkitcase5 Wrote:
> I don't think they r worried about burning
> bridges
>
> pretty sure if one of the best players in the
> world wanted to go back to Innova if this did
> flop, they would accept them with open arms
December 21, 2012 02:05PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> Burning bridges can get risky. Those sponsors
> made them what they are, but I do not know the
> whole story, so hopefully its for the good.

The sponsors didn't make us what we are.
December 21, 2012 06:12PM
cam32092 Wrote:
> dustin morris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Burning bridges can get risky. Those sponsors
> > made them what they are, but I do not know the
> > whole story, so hopefully its for the good.
>
> The sponsors didn't make us what we are.

I was JUST about to post the same thing until I kept reading the comments. Sponsors get players because of who they already are.

Terry Zeringue
December 21, 2012 06:46PM
I couldn't find anything when I googled prodigy disc. Is there confirmation that this is where the pros are heading? When will there be an announcement? Will the pros be able to throw a mixed bag with the new sponcer?
December 21, 2012 06:51PM
I wouldn't consider any of this "burning bridges". If Cam was burning his bridge with Innova, his post would have looked more like this. "Suck it Innova, I dont need you". Im sure these companies realize this is a business, and if somebody sees a better oppurtunity, why wouldn't they take it? Just my two cents. Keep beast moding Cam, do work homie!
Anonymous User
December 21, 2012 07:02PM
January 1 seems to be the announcement day. The story is that the pros who signed contracts can't disclose anything. But even all that is speculation.

It will be cool if it's all true, certainly. Just because it would be a bold gamble on the part of this mystery company. If it works then I will be the first (okay probably not the first) to salute them, but I think the odds against success are high. But maybe there really is so much money to be made selling discs that I'm a fool for not thinking of it first!

I wonder how many discs are sold each year by all the manufacturers? Anyone know. I would guess 7 million discs are sold each year. That's about a $50 million market. But what the F do I know? I see how rumors get started LoL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 07:34PM by Bluff Magee.
December 21, 2012 07:31PM
We can speculate all we want, but most people really have no clue whats going on here. Whatever it is, it has a ton of money backing it and im pumped about finding it out
December 21, 2012 07:46PM
I think its bluff....he is taking over the world....him and Obama!!!

December 21, 2012 09:01PM
By make I mean they help you financially and help you grow your reputation. Hope nothing but the best for you guys on yalls new thing.
December 21, 2012 10:46PM
Whomever it is has certainly done an awesome job at building speculation!!!!!! I think it's somehow connected to Innova but that's just my opinion!
December 21, 2012 11:10PM
Doubt it. Their reputation goes against that theory.
December 22, 2012 08:57AM
McBeth is staying with Innova...

Roll Tide Roll!!!
December 22, 2012 05:26PM
here's a hint; i know!!!
December 22, 2012 06:46PM
A lot of us do Mike.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
December 22, 2012 09:22PM
Is Dillon giving up the Wedge?
December 22, 2012 09:57PM
Seems like AL is going to be the new hotspot for DG
December 24, 2012 04:17PM
OK I'll come clean. The Outdoor Exchange is going to be selectively plucking all of the best for our new A+SUPERSTARCHAMPIONELITE Team. We have such a good signing bonus Climo is even getting on board. The signing bonus will be $1,000, 000. We are also offering a starting salary of $100,000 per year per player plus bonuses that will greatly increase the players salary based on performance.
I know this seems like a meager offering for the most elitest pro players in our sport, but these guys just love our companies philosophy. We compensate them based on a few criteria. Of course putting & driving are part of the criteria, but we also want players with a true grasp on the other things that make you a great Disc Golfer. Like whining, complaining about their scores no matter how good they are, down playing their surroundings & making sure that their is something else to blame for what went wrong. Which is specifically why Dave Feldberg is going to be our team captain. Nikko & Avery will of course be there. We have to make sure these young rookies get the proper introduction into the world of professional Disc Golf mannerisms. We can't have any of these young pretty boys going out there & giving anyone the impression that they enjoy the game & are good sports. Under the guidance of our team captain & the veteran team members we can have them whining their way to the top in no time.So look for our A+SUPERSTARCHAMPIONELITE Team coming to a course near you. They will undoubtedly leave something & nothing to be desired.
December 24, 2012 07:09PM
This sounds crazy nuts
December 24, 2012 08:08PM
...and Hammock has signed on as your team recruiter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 08:09PM by cgkdisc.
December 24, 2012 10:55PM
Well said Bernie!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013