Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cam Colglazier moving on.........

Posted by Trackin01 
Re: Cam Colglazier moving on.........
January 03, 2013 11:41AM
PDGA website is staying away from this topic.... thought there would be some hype!!!
January 03, 2013 11:46AM
January 03, 2013 12:41PM
I have seen all that... came to my facebook page at 12:01 1-1-12. The Pdga is staying clear.
January 03, 2013 08:20PM
Time will tell people. The company is trying to phase in the first 4 drivers then move to putters, mids and fairway drivers.

Hopefully once the product gets out there folks will see the quality in our line of discs.

Roll Tide Roll!!!
Anonymous User
January 03, 2013 09:51PM
Deano you definitely have overhype down to a science...

January 03, 2013 09:57PM
OK Cam. How can you make the decision to go with Prodigy if you don't even know what the terms of your contract are? It might not be all for the money, but obviously being financially compensated has something to do with yours & others decision to give up Innova. All I'm trying to say is. Don't go forward blindly! You should know precisely what they are offering you by now. Don't just trust that you will be compensated when things get rolling. If they are putting so much into this project they should have the ability to tell you precisely what they have to offer you. As always, I wish you the best. Good luck with it kid.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2013 10:11PM

Hello there neighbor. We're from the cult of Prodigy and we would like to tell you about our discs and how AWESOME they are.

Our fearless leader Lavonne has blown an incredible amount of smoke straight up our butts and we're here to tell you how AWESOME disc golf will be when our discs arrive. Don't you worry, they will arrive, and the sport and the earth will be SAVED by these discs.

Our founding father Phil has promised us that we are the FUTURE of the sport, now matter how many titles we haven't won, and nevermind the fact that almost no one outside the pDGA has heard of most of us.

Brother Dave G told us that we can't lose. We don't need to practice anymore either because we have these AWESOME discs. Here, would you like a sample of this Kool Aid?
January 03, 2013 10:19PM
Bernie, he said the terms of his contact is between him and the company. That means he knows the terms and you and the rest of the public do not.
January 03, 2013 11:58PM
I just went & reread that. I guess it seems worthwhile to him. That is what is important. I just wonder why they are only scooping up the hot young players for their team. They have recruited quite a team. I just can't help wondering why no veterans? Who is going to lead them in the right direction? Lavonne?

BTW did any of you read the recent PDGA article about ratings & how players who quit/DNF a tourney to preserve their player rating are now going to be penalized 5 ratings points on the first offense. ;)-
January 04, 2013 12:42AM
Wow, so much negativty in here. For somebody trying to make the point that NOBODY knows about this company, you sure seem to be all about your own koolaid. For the record, they do have a website that was delayed in launching. Idk why people cant just be happy for these guys. Im sure none of these people are complete morons and would jump into something like this without knowing what the real deal is. Best of luck to this company, and the players gned on with them. I hope they own it and shut the skeptics and hatersup
January 04, 2013 01:13AM
Pa.....this is how this forum works....dont let it get you upset. Especially Bluff. That is what he does. Add another tic mark to your every growing list kerndog.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 04, 2013 07:39AM
I hope they do well and force Innova/Discraft to be competitive with their sponsorships. I just don't understand why they hyped the announcement so much when they don't even have a website or line of discs yet. If they wanted to make a splash, why not wait a few months until all of that was ready and then make the announcement? Then everyone would have info to look at and plastic to throw to actually determine if the company will be able to compete with everyone else.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
January 04, 2013 08:35AM
I think some of it had to do with them makin a decision of renewing contracts with innova or discraft before 2013. It is also rumored that other (Avery, McCabe, McBeth etc....) were all approached and decided to not sign on.

Wish all of them the best of luck!
January 04, 2013 08:35AM
Cam all I can ad will say is do what you got to do for you and I want to say congrats on your decision to move to the company that is going to be the best for you and all the other bs that people have blown up this forum topic with they are mad cause they did not get the opportunity that you have recived so I guess I can sum up everything I am trying to say with: hater going to hate
Anonymous User
January 04, 2013 09:10AM
Haters gonna hate and hypers are gonna hype.

So I can't be happy that Cam is getting overpaid for overhyping?

Y'all act like poking a little fun at the overzealousness of these plastic hypers is going to crush their little start up. Please, it won't. But on the other hand, these discs and this company are in no flipping way going to revolutionize the sport. Just like the SN Cup is fun but is it the best thing that ever happened to disc golf? Heck no. But Al wants to act like it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! yawn.

Until the public gets these discs in their hands it's all hype. And I reserve the right to ridicule anyone who thinks overnight riches can be made off this sport. Let me know when Nikko drives up in a Bentley to a tournament and then y'all can say I'm wrong.
Anonymous User
January 04, 2013 09:10AM
BERNIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK Cam. How can you make the decision to go with
> Prodigy if you don't even know what the terms of
> your contract are? It might not be all for the
> money, but obviously being financially compensated
> has something to do with yours & others decision
> to give up Innova. All I'm trying to say is. Don't
> go forward blindly! You should know precisely what
> they are offering you by now. Don't just trust
> that you will be compensated when things get
> rolling. If they are putting so much into this
> project they should have the ability to tell you
> precisely what they have to offer you. As always,
> I wish you the best. Good luck with it kid.

I'm going to guess reading comp. wasn't one of your strongest subjects...
January 04, 2013 09:15AM
Thanks Kerndog for continuing speaking of the SN Cup. Everytime you say something about it makes me know you care.....

Thanks Mike

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 04, 2013 09:32AM
"Dillion the Troll" is alive and well in 2013!!
Anonymous User
January 04, 2013 09:40AM
I do care Al. The comedy value of the SN Cup is worth more than a first-run Prodigy BS2. And of course Big Al your return to the BoD is a comedy gold mine. Watching you think that you will revolutionize the SN keeps us all in stitches.
January 04, 2013 09:49AM
Thanks Mike

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 04, 2013 12:09PM
I just like throwing discs, don't care who makes them. Only if I can get one with a remote for my putting.

Terry Zeringue
Dex
January 04, 2013 12:26PM
Zinger as far as you throw them, you should have a GPS

Dex
January 04, 2013 12:53PM
Is that KoolAid, looks more like Hateraid to me,

Served ice cold by a total douchebag!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 12:54PM by ThomasD.
Anonymous User
January 04, 2013 03:06PM

drink up y'all
January 04, 2013 08:00PM
Oh, Im not upset. I could care less what Bluff thinks of people Ive never met. Im not defending my brother or anything. As for "revelutionizing the game", putting base salaries could boost the game alot. I wouldn't say revelutionize. I feel Innova and Discraft are gonna have to follow that trend if, IF, this whole thing works out. Could mean more money in the game thus bringing in new sponsorship interest perhaps? Im just spitballin', im no businessman or anything
January 04, 2013 10:16PM
Prodigy seems to have only changed the way a buisness has sponsored their players. The same old thing has occured year in and year out with INNOVA and Discraft. Prodigy seems to be trying a different approach, which has landed the young and possibly gullible candidates. From what I have heard they are backed by a big money company to move forward with their idea. However, that would be a lot of sales in order to recoupe this money they are putting out. Again, can't wait to see what happens in 2013.........Ultimate Fail or Spectacular new approach.
January 05, 2013 07:20AM
@#$%&..wish I was 20 years old and one of the best disc golfers in the world!!Many would give their left nut to be in Cams' position.I for one am looking forward to buying some Prodigy plastic!!
January 05, 2013 07:42AM
Flyerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PDGA website is staying away from this topic....
> thought there would be some hype!!!

I stayed up and posted this Prodigy Announcement on 1/1 a few minutes after midnight Eastern time on the PDGA home page: [www.pdga.com]
January 05, 2013 09:23AM
Tons of speculation happening...and can you blame anyone? Prodigy should have spent some of their mountain of cash (cough) on a PR consultant. People scratching their heads is not a great way to control the conversation. We are all deciding the fate, value and purpose of this company because even after Jan 1 came and went, we are still left with tons of questions. That's Prodigy's fault. The announcement on Jan 1 was supposed to be "big". Can we all agree that Phil's video was a little vague and kind of a letdown? I know I was expecting more. Also, the Prodigy website is not live. Come on, man! I have experience with websites and marketing launches...you do not miss a deadline like that. F for effort.

We can all agree that Innova and Discraft are pretty successful, right? Guess how they make money? Selling lots and lots of discs. They do not seem to believe that investing in touring players helps them sell more discs. I think this is pretty smart for an obvious reason. Spectator attendance at even the largest tournaments is still not high. If 50,000 people were showing up to the USDGC, Innova would make sure that the top players were throwing their discs. That's not the case and it's not their business model. Their model is disc distribution and sales and they are in large retailers at this point, not to mention all of the small ones. Prodigy is saying "send us an email if you want to sell our discs". That, just like the website delay, seems small and amateurish.

Until we all get our hands on these discs and until we see Prodigy have a true presence, it's all hype and speculation. Maybe it's well deserved. For now, it's all very, very vague.
January 05, 2013 11:40AM
For the little hate we have received, we have a huge amount of support. We will sell lots and lots of discs and even more after people are throwing them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013