Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall Doxey State Park courses closed for repairs

Posted by zipplock242 
Wall Doxey State Park courses closed for repairs
December 24, 2012 08:20AM
Just to give everyone a heads up..
Until further notice the courses at Wall Doxey State Park will be closed for repairs. For more information please call the park office:
662.252.4231 or email me at jeffd@mdwfp.state.ms.us
We hope to have both courses back up and running this summer.

Jeff Davis
Park Manager
Anonymous User
Re: Wall Doxey State Park courses closed for repairs
December 24, 2012 10:12AM
Jeff, what can we do to help? Maybe we can plan a course workday to get the courses up to your standards?
December 24, 2012 10:24AM
We are going to look and see what all we will have to do to get it back up and into shape. Right now we have trees that are down and have tore up some of the bridges. Also we have other tress that need to come down that are a saftey issue for the players. Just today I had two that fell on the frist course that almost took out hole 18 basket and bridge. I am hoping it will not tkae that long alot will depend on the weather. We plan on starting right after the holiday.

If anyone can come up with a date to help out in January that will be great.

To give everyone an idea had a guest that was playing and said a big tree fell over by hole six. It was enough to bring him off the course. So hang in there and we will do our best to get everything done as soon as possible.

Jeff
December 25, 2012 10:53AM
I'll come over in Jan and do the tree cutting...just pick a date and post it!!!
December 25, 2012 11:55AM
just looked at the schedule and Jan is a little heavy with ice bowls, but I,ll work You. Oh and on another note, what about Your tourney in Feb; might need to address that!
December 25, 2012 07:07PM
Im the TD of that tournament and we are working to he everything handled so it won't have to be cancelled.
December 26, 2012 01:38PM
Memphis supports the Dox - let us know the skinny - thanx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013