Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
ADVANCE DIVISION!
December 27, 2012 10:20PM
YES here we go. COULD the official wording please be passed on RIGHT HERE..and the ruling please be posted HERE......... I understand novice division is the novice division for beginners and those who've never entered a SNDG event...
I understand AM division is a step up. for those who have a little more controlled drives ,, little longer arms.. maybe some good putting ability. ..
NOW the ADVANCE ? WHAT.. bigboy boxes with the ability to putt outside the 30 or 40ft mark....... Little longer arms little more distance. the ability to control a drive in most situations......
. BUT my main point is this.... Im not a novice player. I do not consider myself an AM player ..but I play ADVANCE..is ADVANCE NOT A PART OF THE AM DIVISION?? SOMEONE ANSWER THIS?????? .
.is ADVANCE NOT A PART OF THE AM DIVISION?? . yes or no is all that is needed. to surpass my questioning about a concern that's been really itching my nads.
Re: ADVANCE DIVISION!
December 27, 2012 10:45PM
My answer so far would be, "if you don't play in a professional division, then you must be an Am."

Yes flick, Advanced is a "branch" of the Amateur division. Just as Intermediate and Recreational are too. All of the mentioned divisions are still under Amateur status, until you accept cash for playing in a professional division.
December 27, 2012 11:33PM
It is listed as Novice, Intermediate AM, Advanced AM.

So yes Advanced is an am field.
December 28, 2012 08:46PM
yes
December 28, 2012 10:02PM
Not that it hasn't been answered already, but here you go. When players come to my events and try to register as Amateur division I always try to correct them by saying......."Which Amateur division?" Not trying to be rude there but correcting them. Rectreational Am, Intermediate Am, and finally Advanced Am. Amateur is the universal term over all Amateur divisions.
December 29, 2012 08:48AM
This boy just will not get over not being able to READ!!! All Ams and All Am Div are two different Worlds.So GET OVER IT!!!
December 29, 2012 09:14AM
Mr. McWraith at work.

Just a little lightheartedness to make our day go by a little faster, Flick.....nothing personal.
December 29, 2012 11:56AM
All ams and all am divisions technically is the same thing.

Recreational= ams
Intermediate= ams
Advanced = ams

And all age protected are there too.

If you say all am divisions then you mean all these divisions

If you say all ams then that is all the am players which is everyone in those divisions. Therefore those two things are the same thing.

I think michael is going about this in the wrong way but to each is on. There can only be damage done by fighting. Let it go an move on and do better next time
December 29, 2012 01:15PM
So if I'm getting this right from several threads: a player went to an event for which it was advertised that Ams, or some similar word(s), would get a players pack. The player signed up for advanced expecting to get a players pack then discovered Advanced Ams would not get a players pack. The player feels he was wronged.

If the player was qualified for a player pack division and wanted to be in one or would not have signed up but for the players pack then he was wronged by the TD's false advertisement.

The lesson for TD's is to choose words carefully. The lesson for players is to note that TD's don't always choose their words correctly so it's best to clarify before you sign up if it matters.

Does that about sum it up?
December 29, 2012 01:44PM
YES....
December 30, 2012 07:55PM
U don't cash in adv go to am and get all the player packs u want and drop this crap
December 30, 2012 11:49PM
Ams, or the full name Ametuer includes the following divisions: Junior, intermediate men and women, Advanced men and all age protected divisions. Pretty much any division not allowed to be awarded cash money for his/her placement in a tournament. This is why the divisional names are Intermidiate AMS, Advanced AMS.

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013