Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disc Golf United - online registration option, their proposal to the SN

Posted by John K 
Disc Golf United - online registration option, their proposal to the SN
January 09, 2013 02:19PM
Just letting the players know Jacques from Lafayette has been talking to Disc Golf United on behalf of the SN series. Disc Golf United is a branch of Innova that provides online registration for disc golf events. Jacques has used them (as well as other SN tds) and was approched by DGU in regards to letting all the SN tds know of this option.

Below is a proposal from DGU to the SN series. To me it seems like a win-win, I know not all SN events need preregistration but to those that want to use it DGU is a viable option. It would never be a requirement of course.

[www.discgolfunited.com]

Above is their link and their tournament filter already includes a "southern National" option.

Their proposal:

Background Information
Disc Golf United is dedicated to fostering the growth of disc golf by providing the best online services and applications. The DGU brand, website, and set of services are provided and maintained by INNOVA Disc Golf. We offer a complete online registration and event management solution that does not cater to one particular organization or event type. Rather, we strive to provide a system that can be used by any event, regardless of size, format, level of formality, or affiliation.

Frequently Asked Questions
What forms of payment does DGU accept?
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.

How much does it cost to use DGU?
Each player who registers online will pay a 6% processing fee based on their order total. This fee is paid in full by the player; event funds will not be affected. This fee helps offset processing and administrative costs. There are no other fees associated with this service. There is no cost to setup or host an event or to manually add players who registered by other means (in person, over the phone, by mail, etc).

Does DGU offer refunds?
Yes. If a player withdraws from an event, the director or designated admin has the ability to remove players and request a refund directly from the website. We will issue refunds as long as the funds are still in our care. Once registration funds have been transferred to the Director/Event, refunds are solely at their discretion.

How are funds transferred to the event?
All registration funds are transferred from DGU to each event via one or more business check(s). Each check is accompanied by a detailed accounting summary, which can also be accessed online at any time. We work with each event in advance to establish the payee, mailing address, and date(s) for the check(s) to be sent. In addition, we will follow up with each event by phone 8-10 days prior to the event date to provide a detailed update and to review and/or modify payment preferences as needed.

Is customer service and admin support available?
Absolutely. Anyone may contact the website administrator directly by phone or email for questions, technical support, or to provide feedback and suggestions. DGU office hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm EST.

What unique features does DGU provide?
- Quick, easy, and completely customizable setup process that is open access. All settings and player information can be accessed and edited at any time.
- Event dashboard to publish event details, flyer, schedule, and more with a direct link to share with players.
- Add any number of custom questions to the registration form and collect money in advance for options like an Ace Pool, Disc Pre-Orders, Lunch Option, etc.
- Open and close registration when you choose, down to the minute.
- Set optional division limits or reserves to control registration.
- Live registration list that updates instantly and automatically with each registration.
- Optional waiting list management system. Send email invites and collect payment in advance.
- All registration data, custom registration question responces, and financial information can be exported at any time.
- Optional leaderboard system, allowing you to post scores and calculate payout
- Send e-mail blasts directly from the site to relay important info to registered players.
- Administrative access can be shared with other users.

Partnership Proposal
To be provided by Disc Golf United
1. DGU representative will contact all SN events, assist with event setup, answer questions, provide admin support for the event staff and registering players, etc.
2. Create a separate exclusive listing for Southern National events on the DGU website.
3. SN events will also be listed with the main events listings, but will be distinguished with highlighting, a SN icon, etc
4. If desired, DGU will integrate the SN sanctioning form into the DGU event setup process and will facilitate the collection and transfer of this information to the SN board.

To be provided by Southern Nationals
1. Contact information for all SN series events, TDs, etc
2. DGU will be recognized by the Southern Nationals and via the website as their official event management and online registration provider and will encourage events to use list their event on the DGU website. Online registration is encouraged for events, but not required.
3. Provide links on the SN website to DGU for event listings, registration, etc.

Thoughts, I don't see a downside to endorsing them as a means to preregister players. Also thanks to Jacques for being the point man in corresponding with DGU. Comments...

JOhn k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 02:20PM by John K.
Re: Disc Golf United - online registration option, their proposal to the SN
January 09, 2013 06:32PM
John,

I agree, in fact, the 16th Annual Tishomingo Spring Tourney can be registered for on that site. I don't see any down disde to it! We will see how the players feel by how many choose this easy option.

If I used my merchant account to sign them up, I would have to charge a percentage to cover the fees charged to deal with the cards. Like you said, no down side.

Thanks John

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Anonymous User
January 09, 2013 06:35PM
This is a pretty fair deal and I endorse it, but would like one thing changed.

Under Partnership Proposal #2, I think it is a bad idea to have DGU segregate the SN from the other tournaments. The SN really needs to mingle with others. I like the idea of an icon or special highlighted color for SN events though, just keep them on the same page as other events. That way players from across the continent using DGU will see the SN tournaments right along pDGA and other events and it will build credibility and name recognition for the SN series.

"To be provided by Southern Nationals" looks like it might be hard for the SN to keep its end of the bargain if they can't fix up the website like DGU asks. Maybe DGU knows how to contact the webmaster?
January 10, 2013 05:09AM
Mike, I believe Adrian is proposing to have SN events co-mingled with all of the others AND having a "filtered" listing of just Southern Nationals tournaments.

A point of clarification - I did inquire about using their site to collect RSVPs only if a tournament wishes to gather attendance for planning purposes but have players pay cash the day of the event. Adrian's response was that in this case, the events should be able to do so at no cost to the tournament or the players - essentially as a free service. I think he needed to confirm this before guaranteeing it.

As far as contacting Brian - the 'whois' for this site lists brian-dotster@moonspot.net as an email contact.

$ whois sndg.org
NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy.  This service is intended only for query-based access.  You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations.  All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D1410260-LROR
Domain Name:SNDG.ORG
Created On:11-Jun-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:14-Jun-2010 22:51:40 UTC
Expiration Date:10-Jun-2011 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dotster, Inc. (R34-LROR)
Registrant ID:DOTR-00350122
Registrant Name:N/A
Registrant Organization:Sky South
Registrant Street1:PO Box 9662
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Mobile
Registrant State/Province:AL
Registrant Postal Code:36691-066
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.2514780379
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:skysouth96@aol.com
Admin ID:DOT-U430VN99GWQL
Admin Name:Brian Moon
Admin Street1:198 S. Hillcrest Rd.
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Odenville
Admin State/Province:AL
Admin Postal Code:35120
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.2056297992
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:brian-dotster@moonspot.net
Tech ID:DOT-F8YA7PF0EZBJ
Tech Name:Brian Moon
Tech Street1:198 S. Hillcrest Rd.
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Odenville
Tech State/Province:AL
Tech Postal Code:35120
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.2056297992
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:brian-dotster@moonspot.net
Name Server:NS.PHORUM.ORG
Name Server:NS2.PHORUM.ORG
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

January 10, 2013 09:10AM
i was going to say ask for both listings but Jacques is on top of this!

great job Jacques and I think this is a great way to get SN out there!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013