Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Re: Support An Angel Doubles Benefit Annually

Posted by Keith Bodin 
January 17, 2013 10:20AM
Ok ladies and gentlemen here is the idea I have been thinking about since Sunday. We had such a tremendous response to the Support An Angel Doubles Benefit, we are thinking of making it an annual event. I am in the process of putting a 6 person BOD together to help find a deserving child/family. This BOD will consist of people from different parts of the SN land. As it stands right now I have a Lake Charles rep, Lafayette rep, and New Orleans rep. I will be contacting someone in the Memphis/N. Miss. area and in the Jackson area to see if they would like to be on the BOD.
If we can not find a child/family that meets the criteria we are putting together, we will pick an organization that works with children as the benefactor.
I would like to always have it at La Cote DGC either Ragley or French Settlement, but it could be moved depending on logistics.

What do ya'll think?

January 17, 2013 10:27AM
Awesome idea. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Dex
January 17, 2013 10:51AM
Sounds great Keith, imagine the turn out, with out flooding for 2 weeks

I really think the Cows enjoy it, thought I heard them laughing at a couple of shots

Dex
January 17, 2013 11:40AM
Im in for whatever you need man!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 17, 2013 11:53AM
Great Idea Keith... Need any help, let me know...Lots of deserving families out there for sure.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2013 01:45PM
Underneath that gruff, tough exterior beats a soft ol' heart of gold!

Let's do it!
January 23, 2013 09:19AM
If you would consider Central LA for one of your BOD spots, I would be more than willing to be the rep
January 31, 2013 09:17AM
Thanks Ryan! I will keep that in mind. This is the 200,000 post on the forum

February 11, 2013 10:40PM
So there isn't much FUN in FUNdraising for a tournament because it is usually your fellow Disc Golfers or their employers or friends of the sport who are the ones doing the giving and I always feel that just saying "thank you" and making sure they receive recognition falls short of conveying just how much their sponsorship is appreciated.

When the one doing the giving has been in your shoes before, doing the asking, it goes without saying that they should know just how grateful you are for their support. This is the position I find myself in now.

As y'all know, Lafayette's bid for the SNDC included Keith Bodin organizing and running the skills competition as a "tournament within a tournament" and anybody that knows Keith, knows he gives 110% when he runs an event.

He and I have been running 50/50 cash raffles at tournaments since last fall and have raised over $300 for the winners of this year's field events. We plan on doing several more of these this spring.

Keith called me this week to inform me that he is going to contribute - in the name of the Support an Angel Tournament - $600 to the skills events. This puts almost $1,000 on the line with several more months to go.

Thank you, sir!
February 11, 2013 11:09PM
Awesome!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013