Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SLOW PLAY

Posted by BamaJim 
Re: SLOW PLAY
February 21, 2013 09:31AM
I personally like playing behind women!
February 22, 2013 01:34PM
Playing with what?
February 25, 2013 08:47AM
Slow play, unfortunately, is an inherent part of tournament play when the course is flooded with players. It should not be a problem is you are playing in groups of 3 or 4. As a TD I make a point in my player meeting to mention pace of play and to be respectful of all players in your group and the tournament.

TDs are not going to turn players away nor shoud they, but when you have 5 and 6 players in groups its gonna be slow. I hate slow play and do everything I can to help speed up the play in my tournaments. To deliberately be slow is not acceptible and should be dealt with by the TD. As a TD sometimes you have to work with the hand you are dealt and if that is large groups, you have to make sure you discuss and enforce slow play penalties.

For me one of the most frustrating scenarios is to be waiting on one card to come in after the first round 30 minutes or longer after everybody else is in. This absolutely sucks for the rest of the players who played within the rules of "pace of play".

The bottom line is, there is no place for slow play, especially in a tournament. As said before, it falls to the TD to follow the rules of pace of play and to enforce them. I absolutely hate to enforce stroke penalties, but it my responsibility to look out for ALL the players in my tournaments.

Ty
February 25, 2013 08:33PM
Guys, we really need to pick up the pace on this thread. It is getting way too slow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
February 26, 2013 07:46AM
No doubt i call foot fault or exceeding the time limit :-) lol that's 2nd warning and a stroke. Bwahahahahahahahahaha hilarious :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013