Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back Bay Battle - Hiller Park , Player thoughts and opinions?

Posted by Eric Day 
Back Bay Battle - Hiller Park , Player thoughts and opinions?
February 04, 2013 06:55AM
So I wanted to get some feed back from the players to help improve our next event. I want to know what you liked and what you didn't like about it. Please avoid anything involving other players, for example, slow players or bagging... If you feel it may come off to negative, sent it to me in a pm, I want to know so we can make the next one even better.

So I'm not sure if it was ever announced but the players packs for all Pro division did not come out of the Pro's payout, we ate the cost of those shirts and towels.

Things I know that went wrong...
Setting up the board, my first time doing it...learned a few things about that
Players packs, it was planned to have then done before the tournament, that should be no issue next time
Preregistration, DGU worked great but after that ended I had to keep up myself. I will find a way to fix that.
Payout wasn't posted at lunch.
Water on the course, forgot to bring the water coolers....
O.B. sheet, It left some questions unanswered, a couple people landed in places I didn't think was possible lol
Tee Box's, if we don't have concrete then a couple tees may be moved

Again positive or negative let me know your thoughts.
Re: Back Bay Battle - Hiller Park , Player thoughts and opinions?
February 06, 2013 01:40PM
my only complaint was that OBs were marked the second round and not the first. I think if you cant get them marked before the first round then don't mark them at all, but if you do please make sure that every player knows they will be marked the second round. I was helping with the board at halftime and didn't hear any announcing of OB lines being painted. That hurt my card on a couple of holes, especially when the ground that the disc landed on is perfectly dry. Other than that, great course, ran smoothly from what i could see, only weight we had was on Hole 5, which is understandable, a spotter was there to make things run faster, that's all you can ask for on that hole.

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
February 06, 2013 01:44PM
I agree with the OBs being painted between rounds....kinda sketch. Also, on hole 10 and a couple of other holes, it was unclear where you took your next shot if you went OB. Was it where you went out or were there drop zones? Overall....very good tournament minus those dang gnats that should be named the "Hiller Killers." Tamales were the best I've ever had as well.
February 06, 2013 02:53PM
Sorry about the OB marks taking place on two holes, 7 & 19, between rounds. However, it was clearly stated, during the players meeting before the first round, that those two holes will have OB marked between rounds and they will be in play for the second round. If anyone would have voiced opposition at anytime, we would not have marked them or had them in play.

The OB rules should have been covered in greater detail during the players meeting and I must apologize personally for not doing a better job of that. Going over the OB, hole-by-hole, would have cleared any confusion caused by the OB list and prevented some other play/lie issues noticed throughout the round.

Also, I know that the tee areas are rough on some holes which is why everyone was granted relief (within reason) to the side of the tee to prevent any interference from the soft sand, in most cases. It was apparent that not everyone was aware of the allowed relief and it affected some peoples throws. Sorry for that and please know that we are using the funds earned from this event to upgrade the tee pads.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, it will help us to improve the quality of future events we host.

Our goal is to make people happy and want to return. I hope we were successful.

Chuck Burdine
February 06, 2013 04:07PM
Definitely returning!!!

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013