Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disc Side of Heaven

Posted by YoPietz 
Disc Side of Heaven
February 19, 2013 06:52AM
Hello everyone-

Just a quick note to let everyone know what is going on in Jonesboro, AR. As of yesterday, Feb 18, 37 Brand New Pro-28 baskets arrived in Jonesboro and are set to go in the ground over the next two weeks!

Disc Side of Heaven is set on more than 70 acres in the rolling hills of Crowley's Ridge and will be a disc golf only complex. To learn more: www.discsideofheaven.com or search on Facebook and 'like' the page or follow on twitter at DiscSideOHeaven. The website is still a work in progress and is scheduled for an update this week. Please keep going back to it as it will change very soon.

Right now the goal is to open to the public on March 23 and have a Grand Opening Tournament on June 29 & 30. The Tournament will be a fundraiser for the complex so it will not show up here as a SNDG event.

I have been working on this project for over two years and it is starting to all come together. If anyone has any questions ask here or shoot me an e-mail at discsideofheaven@gmail.com

Thank you-

Brad
Anonymous User
Re: Disc Side of Heaven
February 19, 2013 01:26PM
Looks pretty cool. How much to play?
February 20, 2013 12:14PM
It will be either 5 or 6 bucks per 18 holes and either 9 or 10 for all day play. Still factoring in all the taxes and fees I have to pay. There will also be memberships available, they will fall between $50 and $65. Kids 12 and under will always be free.

Here is just one of the shots from the Rec Course. Many more available on the Facebook page.

February 20, 2013 01:38PM
How long will the memberships last?

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
February 21, 2013 10:04PM
Memberships will last from time of purchase until the next Spring Break (Arkansas State University). i.e. If you buy a membership in May, it will be good until March of 2014. Right now the plan is to not open every weekend between Thanksgiving and Spring Break, just on the weekends (or days) during that time when the weather is decent.

Website was updated this evening with a several new pictures as well as maps of both courses. DiscSideofHeaven.com
March 06, 2013 08:05PM
Here is an update from Disc Side of Heaven. 34 of the 37 baskets were installed over the weekend and the last three will go in this weekend. Still on track for March 23 Opening.
March 15, 2013 10:43PM
100 Opening discs were waiting for me today. Each reads "I was one of the first to play in Heaven" They will be available in the clubhouse starting opening day, March 23 at 10:00 am. For more information 'like' the FB page. Just search for Disc Side of Heaven on FB.

Thanks-

Hope to see some of you next weekend!!
March 21, 2013 09:50PM
DISC SIDE OF HEAVEN OPENING DAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED ONE WEEK TO MARCH 30th AT 10:00 AM

Good news is a lot has happened this week. Driveway has been installed, Clubhouse has been delivered, Tee Signs posts are installed, Ponds have been repaired, t-shirts are printed, membership bag tags are in, Scorecards are printed...

Wow, a LOT of good this week, but the one thing we can't control is the weather.

Saturday, March 30th 10:00am. We will try again!
April 08, 2013 08:57AM
Finally a good weekend for golf, although very windy. So in three consecutive weekends we have had: Snow, Rain, now Wind. Do I dare ask what is next?

Disc Side of Heaven will be open this coming Saturday, April 13 from 10-5 and Sunday, April 14 from 1:30-5. For more info 'Like' Disc Side of Heaven on Facebook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013