Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Vote on rules Circumvention

Posted by bigal5657 
BoD Vote on rules Circumvention
February 20, 2013 09:26PM
Members in attendance: Eric Day, Zack Hudson, Allan Morrow, and Lloyd Wilkins

Topic

Ruling on what to do about issue of Dillon Gourley circumventing the rules purposely.
- Voted 4-0, going by rule 7.2 in the rule book, to Suspend said player from the Intermediate Amateur division until June 1st, 2013 and the 2013 SNAC. Player will be allowed to play in the Advanced or Open division until end of season and Advanced only at SNAC. (Noted: Two members of the BoD wanted harsher suspension)
- Voted 4-0 that if Mr. Gourley played in intermediate at any tournaments until suspension is over he will then automatically be suspended from playing ANY tournaments in any divisions until June 1st, 2013 and not be allowed to play SNAC at all.
- Voted 4-0 to refund his money from Tupelo Ice bowl and his attendance be erased completely from said event in question.
- Voted 4-0 that if in any event in the future a player decides to purposefully circumvent the rules that the punishment handed down maybe more severe than that given to Mr. Gourley, but no less than said punishment.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: BoD Vote on rules Circumvention
February 20, 2013 09:34PM
BALLEZY!!!

February 20, 2013 09:49PM
Good call fellas best thing i ever heard the BOD say or do to make things right :-)
February 20, 2013 10:10PM
So I guess I'm extra retarded tonight but it seems that you are saying he actually signed up for Int. at an event when he was not qualified. Is that right? That is a fact I had not noticed on the various threads or results.
February 20, 2013 10:17PM
No kevin. He was going to try this weekend.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
February 20, 2013 10:17PM
Glad to know I get punished for not breaking a single rule. I guess after all this time the spineless SN series finally grew a pair.
Anonymous User
February 20, 2013 10:24PM
Considering it looks like yall pretty much did whatever yall wanted, I got nothing else to say about this. No hard feelings.
February 20, 2013 11:14PM
Sorry but it looks like you suspended him for "circumventing the rules purposely", and I have not seen it stated what rule he circumvented. Did ditching 17 holes violate a rule? Did it hurt to ask? I expected a rule interpretation and may a declaration of his status, but this I do not understand.

Am I sleep typing in a Blade Runner dream?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 11:23PM by Discjazz.
February 20, 2013 11:25PM
He purposely did not play a round of a tournament and expected that to be counted towards his fourth tournament not cashing in advanced to where he could move down to the intermediate division. Under rule 7.2 we as the BoD felt as though he was circumventing the 4 tournament rule. He has said on here where he had done this and planned it. In our minds this was a blatant act to cheat the system in place and the series as a whole, thus the determination.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 20, 2013 11:36PM
What rule does "not play[ing] a round of a tournament" violate? What rule does having a false expectation violate?
February 20, 2013 11:57PM
I have explained our position

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 04:47AM
Good call BOD. The key word was "purposely" circumventing a rule. Now, let's move forward together.
February 21, 2013 06:05AM
Horrible call.....You have to break a rule to be punished. Seems to me, yall just do not like Dillon. Yall have holes in the rules and Dillon went about it without breaking a rule and gets punished? Me and DIllon don't get along all the time but this, in my opinion, is garbage.
February 21, 2013 06:32AM
Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good call BOD. The key word was "purposely"
> circumventing a rule. Now, let's move forward
> together.

Where did Dillon admit to this?
February 21, 2013 06:53AM
BOD needs to look at all the players that turned down prizes to move down. That is way worse than what dillon did.
February 21, 2013 07:05AM
Or signing up under false names to move down. I agree with Dustin. I don't agree with this call. I understand not counting the tournament as his 4th non cashing but I don't agree with the ban. Is the BOD going to start punishing people for illegal substances or other major violations?
February 21, 2013 07:10AM
I think they made a good call concidering past calls by other BOD members plus you cant play intermediate forever now folks! !!!!! Just saying! !!!!!
February 21, 2013 07:15AM
Sorry you gentlemen feel that way. I also agree that the prize rule is dumb. That is next for our agenda....in my eyes. Matthew you know how I feel about the illegal substances so I would be all for that if reported. I will also say that I was one of the ones that wanted a full suspension for him for at least a month. The days of making a horrible name for our series are over in my eyes. We have to be strong on this and make an example because we can not allow cheating.....PERIOD. There is a technicality here but the bod knew the real story and nipped it in the bud. I do not feel bad or that we were wrong. Sorry that you do.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 07:29AM
Yall keep doing what ya do Hogman we aint made at ya yall made the right choice now all we need is player ratings so people will play in there respectful division and that would be great:-)
February 21, 2013 07:35AM
Ok I'll take that as a good answer hogman and understand where yall are coming from. This is what the Bod is suppose to do. Now that this has happened. Please just be consistent on all rules. We can't enforce some rules and not others.
February 21, 2013 07:36AM
Looks like there might will be more pdga events in North Mississippi.
February 21, 2013 07:46AM
Since he didn't actually break any rules, I'm assuming this will lead to some rule changes? I've never unerstood why you're ever allowed to move back down to Intermediate once you've cashed in advanced.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
February 21, 2013 07:55AM
It seems that Dillon is taking it like a champ and moving on. Maybe we can thank him for doing this and bring out the awareness for other players to not do the same. However you look at it.................if the BOD had made the decision the other way, about the same amount of people would complain and the same amount of people would agree. You can't please them all.
February 21, 2013 07:57AM
Dustin I am sorry you feel that way. You do what you need to do. Matthew I will be as consistant as possible. I agree this will not be a witch hunt just for Dillon. Contrast I am personally bringing up the cashing rule next meeting.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 08:01AM
People are always going to be mad at things that get done or dont get done for that matter. We looked at it and did what we did and that is final decision. We will have rule changes out of this and hopefully all for the better. Here is the deal.....TD's must choose to enforce them or not. We can not be everywhere all the time. We made it to where on this one the TD is out of the way and can worry about their own tourney.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 08:20AM
Good Luck!

dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like there might will be more pdga events in
> North Mississippi.

February 21, 2013 08:50AM
The emperors have no clothes.
February 21, 2013 08:54AM
So if a TD thinks he can play intermediate, can they allow him to play intermediate? What would be the punishment for the TD allowing this to happen?
February 21, 2013 08:56AM
hog man will sit on you

BMB
February 21, 2013 08:56AM
Nothing, but Dillon would be suspended fully until June 1st where as now his is suspended from just intermediate division until then.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013