Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Vote on rules Circumvention

Posted by bigal5657 
Re: BoD Vote on rules Circumvention
February 21, 2013 09:00AM
Why would a SN TD want to go against the BOD's punishment? Just because the TD doesn't agree with the ruling? If that is the case don't run a SN event and the TD can let him play any division.

February 21, 2013 09:00AM
Thanks B hole.????

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:02AM
What is stopping TD's from allowing him to play after he is suspended fully? What would be the punishment for TD allowing this to happen?
February 21, 2013 09:04AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would a SN TD want to go against the BOD's
> punishment? Just because the TD doesn't agree with
> the ruling? If that is the case don't run a SN
> event and the TD can let him play any division.

I am just curious. There should be rules for the TD as well.
February 21, 2013 09:04AM
Nothing.....This is all on Dillon now.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:08AM
Dustin- as a TD it is not always open to all TD's to know who is suspended or not. There isn't an email going out, TD report, suspension list or anything to warn a TD about recent rules. If Dillon chooses (knowingly) to play intermediate after knowing he is suspended, then HE made the choice to do so. His results will get posted and be caught, unless he signs up with another name. I for one have never seen Dillon Gourley and would have no idea if he was John Doe or Jack Doe if he came to Arkansas.
February 21, 2013 09:11AM
Sounds like nothing would be on Dillon because he would still be able to play because no punishment towards the TD to allow a suspended players to play. So he could still play but just in yall's eyes he is suspended?
February 21, 2013 09:16AM
Dustin you do whatever you would like sir. Sounds like you have made up your mind already anyway. Dillon is suspended from Intermediate division until June 1st. If he plays in the Intermediate division before it is up he will be suspended from all divisions until june 1st. That is the Ruling. If you want to let him play in Intermediate you are well within you means to do so, but Dillon will be suspended.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:23AM
I am not talking about my event. I am just saying for future suspended players. I think yall need to look into TD rules and limitations.
February 21, 2013 09:24AM
No one is suspended if they can still play.
February 21, 2013 09:27AM
We have made it to where a TD can run his event. He/She should not have to worry about each player status. What would you like us to do Dustin?

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:28AM
Like I said man. Do whatever you need to do. We have said what will happen. That is it. PERIOD. Sorry if you do not like it or agree with it.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:37AM
I don't there is a need to punish T.D. For not knowing who suspended or banned for SN events. The player is responsible for knowing his/her division. Now if a T.D. is choosing to allow known banned players to play then it may have to be brought up to discussion in a BOD meeting.
February 21, 2013 09:39AM
I dont. It is on the player.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 21, 2013 09:56AM
Everybody chill the BOD has made there decision and its on dillon he if wants to play int. And not get to play in the am championship period! !!! So the decisions been made yall carry on with ya lives and now this thread and any thread made about this particular outcome needs to be removed !!! Everyone have a nice day see ya at a tournament near you
February 21, 2013 10:00AM
I am not trying to cause problems. I am just saying that if the TD is aware that someone is cheating and does nothing. It should be punishable. BOD should be higher up than the TD. It seems that a TD can over rule the BOD on any action.
RTG
February 21, 2013 06:34PM
Do not agree.I will not contribute to this series until I see changes.Sorry as I have lots of friends who play in this series. Good Luck and I do hope to want to contribute again one day.
February 21, 2013 06:46PM
Rtg are personal with friends Dillion? Just asking?
February 21, 2013 06:59PM
No brad I know both and they don't know each other

February 21, 2013 07:26PM
Brad, no I do not know Dillon nor do I care to. If I were directing an event and he tried to sign up I would not allow him to participate.I just really disagree with alot of the way things have been handled in the SN Series as a whole for some time now.And believe me I do not like to feel this way about a sport that I have been playing for quite some time now.I sure do miss those days!! anyways hope to play a round of golf with as many folks as I can. JimO I am gonna try an ace one for you in the morning.GOOD NIGHT
February 21, 2013 07:36PM
One fact is being over looked where as Dillon can only play int
He is to receive a refund for Tupelo Ice Bowl
The only punishment here is to the TDGA seeing that
Payout is complete and all other proceeds from tourney were donated to charity
We will have to foot the bill for REFUND
(Maybe should have disqualified him day of tourney lesson learned)
February 21, 2013 07:45PM
Did it say that Tupelo or SN would have to refund the money?
February 21, 2013 07:49PM
Tony,
How much money you think TDGA is coming out of pocket on because of this ruling?

February 21, 2013 08:28PM
Keith
It is only $30 for his entry fee
Not really the money I'm talking about just that seems so called
Punishment seems to have gone wrong way
February 21, 2013 08:40PM
this is a mess nobody wins on.......Dillon used/abused the "spirit" of the rules. It's like when I kept saying coonazz. Right or Wrong......IT IS WHAT IT IS..... Dillon knew what he was doing from jump street. He rolled the dice and lost......o fen well life goes on...

February 21, 2013 08:52PM
Whats done is done someone get eric day to kill this thread its useless for anyone to even argue on thus thread or even comment cause all it does is cause an argument and Dillon still has to play advanced till june 1st and play advanced in the SNAC so deal with it its over and done with good job BOD! Have a cool day folks:-)
February 21, 2013 10:35PM
What's sad is someone like RTG(who I don't who he is) will no longer support SNDG, that's a problem!!!! I don't like Dillions negative attitude( AT ALL) on this website but I don't agree with the BOD either!!
February 22, 2013 07:57AM
There will always be people who parse the rules and ignore their purpose and insist that without a technical violation, punishment should not be meted out. Perhaps what the rules need is a "commerce clause" type statement to discourage attempts to game the rules in the future - something to the effect of:

"The purpose of the these rules is to insure, to the extent possible, competitive, fair play at SN sanctioned events. Any participant or TD in any SN sanctioned event who takes any action deemed by the board, in its sole discretion, to be inconsistent with the purpose of these rules may subject that participant or TD to a punishment to be determined by the board including, but not limited to, a suspension from tournament play for an amount of time to be determined by the board."

I suggest that it is patently unreasonable to expect any set of rules to address every attempt to game them. Putting a catch-all provision like that above might act to discourage the potential gamers. It won't silence the unreasonable critics of the boards actions, but nothing will do that.
RTG
February 22, 2013 08:02AM
Brad, I totally agree that it is sad.I have been playing disc golf for some time now,20 years or so.I used to by discs from JimO out the back of his 1991 or so Aqua Ford Aerostar van whenever he would come to Highland Rd. Park a long time ago.I do not believe JimO or Terry Rester envisioned all of this BS back in the day when SN was introduced. Hopefully one day Brad you and I can get together and play a round or two. Have an awsome round today!!!!
February 22, 2013 08:25AM
Brad,
If you notice there are several people/clubs/companies not supporting the SN from a financial stand point right now. Just look at the SN shirt thread for prof of what I am talking about. Some of the people that have been given $$ for years are starting to not give as much. Why is that???

Brad Wells Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's sad is someone like RTG(who I don't who he
> is) will no longer support SNDG, that's a
> problem!!!! I don't like Dillions negative
> attitude( AT ALL) on this website but I don't
> agree with the BOD either!!

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013