Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Vote on rules Circumvention

Posted by bigal5657 
Re: BoD Vote on rules Circumvention
February 22, 2013 08:39AM
The little boys don't get it...Playing under Your means( throwing the Tourney will get You DQed)! It is becoming clear that the TD should have the right to refuse entry to anybody that MAY become an Issue!!!
February 22, 2013 08:58AM
What I don't understand is why some people are upset because a rules violation occurred and the BOD stepped up and did something about it. Are there other rules' vioations going on? Sure there are and there will always be. It is up to the players however to stop the during round violations. If you have a problem with something going on during a round, such as drinking or anything else, then say something to the TD. If you don't you have no right to complain. If you have a problem with how things are being done there happens to be an open seat on the BOD. Put you money where your mouth is!
February 22, 2013 09:16AM
Please list the rule that was violated since you say there was a rule broken.

bugle04 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I don't understand is why some people are
> upset because a rules violation occurred and the
> BOD stepped up and did something about it. Are
> there other rules' vioations going on? Sure there
> are and there will always be. It is up to the
> players however to stop the during round
> violations. If you have a problem with something
> going on during a round, such as drinking or
> anything else, then say something to the TD. If
> you don't you have no right to complain. If you
> have a problem with how things are being done
> there happens to be an open seat on the BOD. Put
> you money where your mouth is!
February 22, 2013 09:22AM
We are in need of replacement for a vacant seat on the B.O.D. for seat number 4.

This term would last until Sep. 2014.

Deadline for those wishing to run for election will be 11:59 pm of February 24th 2013

After that deadline has been met, a online vote will then be available until 11:59 pm March 3rd 2013

Please PM Me if you are interested in running for the seat.

That has been up for 12 days and 1 single person has stepped up to run. Here is Your chance to change the way the SN is being ran.
February 22, 2013 09:26AM
Jack C. Wrote:
> The little boys don't get it...Playing under Your
> means( throwing the Tourney will get You DQed)! It
> is becoming clear that the TD should have the
> right to refuse entry to anybody that MAY become
> an Issue!!!

The TD can turn anyone away for any reason to my understanding. The TD can also knowingly allow anyone to play in a wrong division, without penalty.
February 22, 2013 09:29AM
The rules violation has already been listed. The BOD interpreted what he did as a way to circumvent the 4 tournament non-cashing rule in order to move down. Players have been banned from a sport for life before for purposely throwing a game or match.
February 22, 2013 09:30AM
From what I learned yesterday, a TD has more power than the BOD. The BOD can set rules and regulate the players, but the TD can allow them to play in their event. The SN BOD needs to regulate TD's not just for this but for fraud against the players. Allow TD's to run their events but do not allow them to allow players ot break rules.

Eric Day Wrote:
> We are in need of replacement for a vacant seat on
> the B.O.D. for seat number 4.
>
> This term would last until Sep. 2014.
>
> Deadline for those wishing to run for election
> will be 11:59 pm of February 24th 2013
>
> After that deadline has been met, a online vote
> will then be available until 11:59 pm March 3rd
> 2013
>
> Please PM Me if you are interested in running for
> the seat.
>
>
> That has been up for 12 days and 1 single person
> has stepped up to run. Here is Your chance to
> change the way the SN is being ran.
February 22, 2013 09:33AM
I agree completely that a TD should be punished for knowingly allowing a player to break the rules. We are on the same page on that one.
February 22, 2013 01:14PM
bugle04 Wrote:
> The rules violation has already been listed. The
> BOD interpreted what he did as a way to circumvent
> the 4 tournament non-cashing rule in order to move
> down. Players have been banned from a sport for
> life before for purposely throwing a game or
> match.

The rules violation hasn't been listed because no rule was broken. If anything, it was a loophole.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
February 22, 2013 02:26PM
Apparently the BOD felt that purposefully losing a tournament (throwing a game or match) is unsportsmanlike and detrimental to the SN series. Below it is plainly stated that they were well within their rights to do what they did. Purposely losing a match or game is looked down upon in every sporting event known to man. I believe there was even a case of this in the last Olympics and the guilty parties were disqualified immediately. Dillon himself has admitted this. I am in the same boat as Dillon. I moved to advance thinking I was ready. I cashed in one advanced event and that was only because there were only 5 of us and the TD decided to pay everyone because he had so many prizes that were donated. I have sinced played in 5 or 6 advanced tournaments and have been below last cash every time. I am now moving back to Intermediate because I am not ready for Advanced. That does not mean that I did not try my best at every tournament I attended.

Jonathan, I showed up late because I have better things to do Friday night, sleeping in Saturday morning than showing up at the crack of dawn to a tournament I'm going to lose, LOL. " - Dillon Gourley

7.2 The SN Series reserves the right to determine and enforce disciplinary action upon its players, which may result in probation or suspension from SN sanctioned events for actions not uniquely specified in the SN handbook but deemed detrimental to the SN series. (see also Section 4.0: Punishment for Major Rule Violations)
February 22, 2013 02:45PM
Of course the BOD had the right to do what they did. I'm just saying he didn't break any rules.

And why does not cashing mean you aren't ready for advanced? 2/3 of the field doesn't cash. Realistically, if the best intermediate player were to move up, he should be one of the worst advanced players at first and not expect to cash. If he moves up and is immediately cashing in advanced, he should've moved up a long time ago.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
Anonymous User
February 22, 2013 02:48PM
What everyone doesn't know is that I lost 3 of the 4 tournaments, not on purpose. Big deal I threw one. So I get banned. Does that sound right? Don't think so. I'm not torn up about it and find this HILARIOUS that showing up late to a tournament caused all this and now appears that few people think it's grounds for DQ.

What about the 3 tournaments I legitimately didnt cash in? Oh well. Not crying over spilt milk here but it was a bad descion. Glad some people will start boycotting this 2 bit second hand series. Bummer that all tournaments are SN around here, maybe things will change in the near future. Already first PDGA only tournament at Wall Doxey coming up, hope more will follow. Sort of like the AR states...

Show up late to 1 tournament and get banned from a division, only in the SN.
February 22, 2013 02:50PM
If I was consistently coming close I wouldn't move down, but I am not getting very close at all. Even when I did drop down to Int. at the Grappler I still didn't do that well and only cashed by a few spots. As soon as I get a little confidence back in my game I will be right back in advanced regardless of where I place. Yeah, it's bad when you move from Int. to Adv. and win the event. That happened just a couple of weeks ago. Don't get me wrong I know that guy that did it and like him just fine, but he should have moved to advanced a while back when that happens.
February 22, 2013 02:57PM
Dillon If you wish to appeal the severity of Your suspension please write an email or personal message with Your point of view. I will then send it to the rest of the Board Member and we will consider if suspension needs to be lessened or removed.
ww
February 22, 2013 03:02PM
I've always been a Boss thrower, and have never really been into other manufacturers. Innova has always been consistent for me.

But I have enjoyed throwing the new Legacy Cannon Icon edition. Very fast. Still yet to be determined is the consistency level though.

(This thread is frickin' hilarious. Just one more kick in my pants, pushing me out the door of the disc golf world.)
February 22, 2013 03:04PM
ww Wrote:
> I've always been a Boss thrower, and have never
> really been into other manufacturers. Innova has
> always been consistent for me.
>
> But I have enjoyed throwing the new Legacy Cannon
> Icon edition. Very fast. Still yet to be
> determined is the consistency level though.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> (This thread is frickin' hilarious. Just one more
> kick in my pants, pushing me out the door of the
> disc golf world.)

Nice thread drift Willie lol
February 22, 2013 10:18PM
I appeal to the BOD to just make the last tournament he played in not count toward reclassification and if he does not cash at Wall Doxey this weekend then let him move down because then he will have 4 correct non cashes.

This makes more sense. The TD allowed him to do this and then the TD votes against him to ban him(conflict of interest)

And that is the basis of my appeal to the BOD to change the decision.
February 23, 2013 01:01PM
It is now my understanding that the player did not play any holes in his assigned group in the first round of 18 holes. Also, the player was not removed from his assigned group by the TD. That means the player missed 18 "turns" to throw/tee in his assigned group. Under SN 6.3.2. his first round final score was (par + 4) X 18, no matter what else he did.

The player turned in a first round final score of ((par + 4) X 17) + (a number of throws made in another group on one hole). If the number he recorded on that one hole in the other group was not par + 4, he turned in a false score and SN 4.2.3 and 7.2 were properly applicable.

If my understanding is correct, would the TD or a BOD member or both be so kind as to confirm a final score turned in by the player other than (par + 4) X 18?
Anonymous User
February 23, 2013 04:27PM
I'm done with it, but just sayin... My score was not false. I didn't miss 18 holes. I missed 17. You can play on any card you want. If the TD wants to DQ someone for it that's his choice, if the TD wants to award strokes for it, that's his choice. It wasn't a big deal, neither was done.

Example, today two people went to the wrong course and missed two holes, they took 7s. The TD, who's a great one, didnt DQ them, and after he got off the phone with them said if they jump on another card he prob wouldn't stroke them if they did.
Anonymous User
February 23, 2013 04:30PM
Also you guys may want to change 6.3.2 , I believe I heard that you can now practice after the two minute horn. Someone may want to look it up cause I'm not. Believe it's in the 2013 PDGA rule book. Thanks!!!!!
February 23, 2013 06:22PM
Is Dillon the only player to move down after not cashing in four events? I would believe the answer would be no. Is he the first to not play all his assigned holes in a tournament? Once again I would say no. Now can he be difficult at times? Yes. Should he have been as outspoken in his attempt to "throw" his fourth tournament? No he should of quietly went on his way and tanked like many others before him have. Is the BODs ruling fair? I would say not really, and others have the same opinion, while others think it should of been more severe. I feel the BOD came down because you had a player flaunt the rules in front of everyone and did in fact circumvent the rule. I am not a friend of Dillon only a fellow disc golfer who cross paths from time to time, I do not agree with his stance on issues often either. But the only difference in what he did and what others do is he was up front about it and others are less vocal or obvious. A better solution would of been let him forfeit his last tournament and fee (Tupelo Ice Bowl) and require him to play Advance at least one more time. As long as SNDG has no player ratings players will play where they want too, any rule that requires you to not cash for four tournaments in order to move down will only succeed in keeping players from moving up in fear of being stuck in division that they can only finish near the middle of the pack, or at best make last cash every once in a while. How can you blame any player for not wanting to play in divisions that usually have the largest field and largest payout yet they feel they can finish near the top third? Until you find a way to get players to play against similar skilled players you will always have this issue.
February 23, 2013 07:51PM
Doesn't matter anymore. Dillon got 3rd in adv at wall doxey today. We can let it go now
February 24, 2013 11:12PM
Yes finally some closer now why is the thread still up and not removed? ???
Get over it now everyone can return to there normal lives now:-) lol
February 25, 2013 08:10AM
I think that other rules need to be looked into. Every person that turned down cash to move down is worse than what Dillon did. At least he didn't win his last event and turn down cash to move down.
February 25, 2013 08:15AM
dustin morris Wrote:
> I think that other rules need to be looked into.
> Every person that turned down cash to move down is
> worse than what Dillon did. At least he didn't
> win his last event and turn down cash to move
> down.

Is turning down cash in a Pro division to keep an Amateur status frowned upon? The turning down cash in an Amateur division to move down is different of course and something I have yet to experience as a TD, but there are many players who who play Pro and turn down cash to keep amateur status. Cam Colglaizer is a great example. He used that method to play Am Worlds......and came in 3rd. He was a huge threat to the touring professionals that year as an Amateur.
February 25, 2013 08:36AM
The rules allows you to move up and accept plastic in the pro division and move back down to your division. After you have a pro status, accepting any finishing award at all, restarts your pro status (plastic or cash). Denying cash to move down is purposly losing the event except you won and get to move down. That issue, in my opinion, is a bigger issue that Dillon's case. If I lose 3 events and then win the dogwood and turn down the money, I could then play advanced in my next event.
February 25, 2013 09:51AM
Some have offered the opinion that if you turn down cash in that aspect you should also turn down the plastic.....whats the thought on this approach.

Dustin I agree with you about the rule on that, but Doug does give a good example.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
February 25, 2013 09:56AM
Ok first of all if its not a dual sanctioned tournament and you cash in pro you should have to take the money and become a pro...!!! Unless you plan on going to say am worlds then you have no reason at all to turn down cash unless you just want to be a bagger in your am division! !!!
February 25, 2013 10:01AM
So the BOD should change the rule that if you play pro and cash a pro is what you will be till you fail at cashing in 4 events or whatever the criteria is now i for one would like to see this rule in play!:-)
February 25, 2013 10:08AM
Just the rule moving down should be modified. Should be allowed to accept plastic or turn down to test higher divisions. Honestly, shouldn't be allowed to accept plastic in my opinion but if someone wants to test the waters of a division, it allows them to try the higher division.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013