Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Vote on rules Circumvention

Posted by bigal5657 
Re: BoD Vote on rules Circumvention
February 25, 2013 10:13AM
Once you cash in a higher division, you shouldn't be allowed to move back down...ever.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
February 25, 2013 10:25AM
contrast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once you cash in a higher division, you shouldn't
> be allowed to move back down...ever.

Agreed...EXCEPT under the circumstances of injury or disability. This was done in the bicycle racing worlds...as long as you have an excuse(doctor's note), you can move down for rehabilitation purposes only. Start winning(cashing) you must move back up.

No baggers allowed, ever.
February 25, 2013 10:33AM
Discdodger333 Wrote:
> Ok first of all if its not a dual sanctioned
> tournament and you cash in pro you should have to
> take the money and become a pro...!!! Unless you
> plan on going to say am worlds then you have no
> reason at all to turn down cash unless you just
> want to be a bagger in your am division! !!!

It's a tough call there. In the past there were players who played pro in the Ice bowls where there were just two players and they cashed making them Pro. Their fault of course. As for saying your going to play am worlds...... It wouldn't matter unless it was sanctioned SN/PDGA Cam played Pro in SN I believe.

As for what Allan stated: denying prizes and cash might prevent any Amateur from trying that pro division. Why pay a higher price to play with possibly better players and cash but not take anything. I believe they won't play at all in pro
February 25, 2013 10:34AM
Eliminate turning down cash for prizes period and that will solve it if you play in the pro division and cash unless if its a fundraising tourney where prizes get awarded to pro you have to take the cash and stay a pro for the 4 tourney rule or whatever rule is set on how long you must stay in the division :-) problem solved :-)
February 25, 2013 10:46AM
Might be able to make a rule based on attendance. If a certain amount of players with pro status isn't there, the tournament is disreguarded for pro status. Moving up or down.
February 25, 2013 10:47AM
If you cash at a large event, you need to stay in that division.
February 25, 2013 10:51AM
What about Charity events? How about a rule that allows you to play charity events in any division *ONLY IF APPROVED BY THE BOD* Such as Ice Bowls and you still earn your points in YOUR division such as intermediate or Advanced. Any thoughts. That way the BOD are all in the know prior to said event.
February 25, 2013 11:23AM
^Especially if there is Mulligans.
February 25, 2013 12:09PM
I can see ya point Doug there has to be some stipulation in charity or what Dustin said if youve been injured but if you play pro and cash and the feild is big you should have to take the $ and play pro till ya either miss cashing in 4 events or in the case of going to play am worlds if ya know you are going to am worlds dont play pro.and cash esspecially if it is a dual sanctioned tournament :-) if its just SN sure but never mess ya chances at going to am worlds up :-)
February 25, 2013 12:20PM
Ya know maybe I'm crazy but I have only seen 3 people turn down their finishing award in the 2-3 years its been available. All 3 of them played Pro when the turned it down. Maybe its a bigger issue in the Northern SN.
February 25, 2013 12:23PM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Ya know maybe I'm crazy but I have only seen 3
> people turn down their finishing award in the 2-3
> years its been available. All 3 of them played Pro
> when the turned it down. Maybe its a bigger issue
> in the Northern SN.

^^^^ I agree with you Eric, but I have yet to have a SN player turn down any prizes. I have however had a Pro player turn down cash in a PDGA event.
February 25, 2013 01:17PM
How many times have you seen this issue with Dillon? The guy that told on Dillon did this. I am not saying any rule was broken at any time by either one of them. I am just saying they took advantage of the rules that are set now. More people in the future can take advantage of the rules and bag. If an issue can be fixed as easy as this one, then it should be fixed. But if people take advantage of the rules that are on the site and let yall know what they are doing, then it is breaking the rules. It's just something to think about. The rules are not flawless and if someone sees a hole in the rules and takes advantage of it. It shouldn't be the players fault. It should be the people that have control to change the rules. Don't let things happen 3 or 4 times before something changes.

Eric Day Wrote:
> Ya know maybe I'm crazy but I have only seen 3
> people turn down their finishing award in the 2-3
> years its been available. All 3 of them played Pro
> when the turned it down. Maybe its a bigger issue
> in the Northern SN.
February 25, 2013 03:48PM
This reminds me of an article I read today about a computer science class at John Hopkins University. The professor set rules for the final exam that it would be graded on a bell curve. The highest grade gets bumped to 100 and all grades below that get an equal bump. So all of the students got together and decided not to take the test at all. Therefore, the highest score was a zero, and according to the rules, everyone should get a 100. No rules were broken, so the professor gave all of the students their 100 and then changed the rules so it wouldn't happen again.

Overdrive Disc Golf
Anonymous User
February 25, 2013 04:39PM
Yeah contrast that reminds me of why NO Team is having my pet goldfish run the Pot of Gold. The SN Board of Personal Grudge Rulers says it doesn't matter if a TD from a club doesn't pay the SN fees---that club can keep putting their events on the schedule with no penalty. "It's the TD not the club" I believe was the stupid ruling when I inquired why West Monroe is allowed to advertise their June event here despite not turning in fees from their November event.

So now NO Team is getting all the benefits of advertising our tournaments here on SN for free! You see, I can assure you that my pet goldfish is not going to pay the SN fees for the PoG. But NO Team will get to say our next tournament is an SNQ, because it won't be NO Team that won't pay, it will be the pet goldfish that won't pay! The next tournament we'll let Dustin's dog be the TD, but hey, it's the TD and not the club so why not let our pets get the penalty from the SN?

It really is nice of the SN to allow us all to not ever send any fees in to be a part of this series. It's like our free Obamacare, what could possibly go wrong?
February 25, 2013 08:42PM
Mike be nice!! Lol.
February 25, 2013 08:51PM
I'm only curious about one thing...........has ANY TD been suspended or put on probation from hosting an event for no payment of fees.? Or is SN worried it will lose TD's from the series? Just a thought question here
February 25, 2013 09:21PM
Trackin01 Wrote:
> I'm only curious about one thing...........has ANY
> TD been suspended or put on probation from hosting
> an event for no payment of fees.? Or is SN worried
> it will lose TD's from the series? Just a thought
> question here

2-3 T.D.'s are not able to host anymore events until fee's are paid. I'm a little behind on who they are, there is a thread about it somewhere. I'm about to look it up now.
February 26, 2013 07:44AM
Give us a fresh list of who those TDs are Eric please sir:-)
February 26, 2013 08:02AM
Just out of curiosity, is there a rule stating that TD's have to turn in their fees in the rule book? Surely it would be in there.
February 26, 2013 08:03AM
5.1.2.3 For accountabilities sake, SN TDs have a 2 month allotted timeframe in which to submit the SN fees to the SN treasurer. After 2 months the fees are considered delinquent and will be defined as such. After 3 months any subsequent SN sanctioned events by the delinquent TD will have the SN sanctioning removed and the tournament taken off the SN schedule until the delinquent SN fees are paid.

nvm, I found
February 26, 2013 09:31AM
Took the BOD 6 days to take action when the Dilliongate were first brought to everyones attention. Kernan makes a statement that should concern everyone and he will be ignored(by the BOD) 19 hours in and counting!
February 26, 2013 10:38AM
Call out the Obama, s. Free loaders erk my soul

BMB
February 26, 2013 12:51PM
WHAT.... Hole, you been drinking???? Free stuff is cool!!!!! LOL
February 26, 2013 01:12PM
You must be typing on your government phone

BMB
February 26, 2013 01:38PM
Brad Wells Wrote:
> Took the BOD 6 days to take action when the
> Dilliongate were first brought to everyones
> attention. Kernan makes a statement that should
> concern everyone and he will be ignored(by the
> BOD) 19 hours in and counting!

There is another thread involving his question.
February 26, 2013 01:44PM
Discdodger333 Wrote:
> Give us a fresh list of who those TDs are Eric
> please sir:-)

66 of 78 tournaments paid / 3 overdue (past 60 days of tournament)

1. South MS Doubles Championship - Chris Grace
2. GCBC Doubles tournament - Byron Smith
3. 14th Annual Turkey Shoot - John Taylor

Updated - 26 Feb 2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 02:22PM by hudd.
February 26, 2013 02:09PM
BRIAN B Wrote:
> You must be typing on your government phone

Thanks to this act of Congress
Telecommunications Act of 1996. Most people are unaware that this has been going on for a loooooooong time.
February 26, 2013 03:13PM
Are those folks suspended from playin as well as TDing an event?
February 26, 2013 03:32PM
wayneacree Wrote:
> BRIAN B Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You must be typing on your government phone
>
>
> Thanks to this act of Congress
> Telecommunications Act of 1996. Most people are
> unaware that this has been going on for a
> loooooooong time.

And actually started during the Reagan administration (Lifeline Program - 1984).

Overdrive Disc Golf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013