Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RULES QUESTION

Posted by Flyerbud 
RULES QUESTION
March 04, 2013 11:21AM
Over adult beverages last night a few of us got onto a debate... Do you have to finish a round with ONLY the discs that you started the round with????? if so , is it a rule or is it from the competition manual??? I have been looking but haven't found anything..... THANKS
Re: RULES QUESTION
March 04, 2013 12:04PM
???????????
March 04, 2013 01:02PM
No. You can replace discs from your car or even buy them during a round. You can borrow discs from other players. Just make sure they are uniquely marked or indicate that your "mark" is the player's name who is on that disc you borrowed.
March 04, 2013 02:44PM
I would agree with you, but Matt Orum said that when he was on tour in Cali last, after the round started he found a disc of his and the guys in his group insisted that he could not use it or add it to his bag since he had started without it!!! I have looked pretty carefully and I don't see any such rule, I am checking discretionary rules now.. BP#5996
March 04, 2013 03:07PM
I'd just tell them I had it all along and if they deny it, they can provide me with a list of every disc I had in my bag to start the round.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
Anonymous User
March 04, 2013 03:07PM
Sounds like MattiO should have appealed to an official or the TD to overrule the group's erroneous call (as allowed by rule 805.01).

cgkdisc's answer is correct.
March 04, 2013 03:28PM
The only time I've seen a player's disc not be allowed for the rest of the round is when the TD makes that a stipulation when a player throws OB on a specific hazard or hole. That rule is not allowed in a PDGA event although I've heard it has been done. The TD of course can make that a requirment in a non-PDGA event.
March 04, 2013 04:05PM
Just another fable rule
Anonymous User
March 04, 2013 04:17PM
I believe the fable has its origins in ball golf rules that do not allow a player to carry more than 14 clubs in a round. If you start with 14 clubs, you are not allowed to get a club from the parking lot during the round if you lose a club. However, if you start the round with less than 14 clubs, you are allowed to add clubs during the round from a store, friend, or trunk up to the maximum 14.
March 04, 2013 04:42PM
Note those bonus style points on Bluff's scorecard please.
March 04, 2013 07:34PM
Thankyou for your answers... they are the same as I thought..... sometimes locals play somethings their own way... those Cali boys are different!!! For sure dude..... Thought it might be a descretionary rule but it is not listed ANYWHERE... Thanks again,I will tell MattiO that his homeboys screwed him!!! LOL
March 04, 2013 10:33PM
I've been playing out here(SoCal) for 3 years now, never heard of such.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013