Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lame TDs who don't turn in results: shouldn't the SN not allow them to sanction anymore?

Posted by Anonymous User 
There's a couple of TDs out there (one has a large mouth) who are so lame that they can't even get an excel file sent in to the SN more than two weeks after their tournament.

I don't think the SN should allow these lame lazy muthrr bleepers to sanction with the SN for at least a year when they can't get results turned in after a week.

What do y'all think?
This issue is a problem, however when anyone is allowed to sanction then you get what you get. You will always get the same excuses: been busy, had family problems, don't have internet access, computer crashed, and on and on. I think one week is kind of strict. What does the PDGA say about getting results in? I think one month should be the absolute maximum though. No good solution for this one, but for sure the unwanted behavior will continue if there is no repercussion for it. Look at the government.

Bluff by your logic Jim could never run a SN tourney, not gonna happen, try again.

Might could do a tiered punishment: after one month - cant sanction for 3 month, after 2 months - 1 year, 3 - can't td. Not saying this is right but something for the board to think about. What about people who don't post results for months repeatedly, should that be punished?
In my opinion the excel sheet should be due within 24 hours of the event, or suffer monetary punishment
Jason I see your point....yes the SN does have a history of being proud to be lazy. But that doesn't mean we cant try and improve the SN for the players. A lot of players want to see their results posted quickly. We have so many tournaments these days we can afford to jettison some lazy TDs who make the series look bad.
Still waiting on results for the Bombs over Brooklyn tournament. Tony Bass was TD.
Even lazy TD's have no excuse. Volunteers help out with tournaments all the time. How hard would it be to give one of them the task of putting the results into a spreadsheet?

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
Re: Lame TDs who don't turn in results: shouldn't the SN not allow them to sanction anymore?
March 19, 2013 06:47AM
I have contacted Tony at least twice about these results. He hasn't answered either attempt.

I think the results should be sent and posted in a timely manner. I think 7 business days is a plenty. 80-85% of the people have them sent off within 24 hours. But then there is that 15-20%... I understand a large event say 150-200 people that don't end till sunday afternoon late..but 50-60 that's over on Saturday afternoon... Should have results in pretty quick.

Anyone needing results posted has several options of getting them posted. Myself, Allan Marrow, JK...Think Bluff is doing some as well...I know he did his on for sure.

Players, If you want to see your results posted and get the credit for playing in the event....contact and push these TDs to get these results sent in to be posted..
I agree the BoD needs to set a criteria for having results in. Hudd, I completely agree 7 days is MOR than sufficient. And if you can't, you shouldn't be allowed to TD in the future.
I know that i have waited a week before posting results before, and sometimes I've done it the day after. To be honest that is the last thing I'm thinking about after running an event, especially a big one. I am beat, getting the courses ready, waking up at the crack of dawn to get tournament central set up. the TD is usually at the park cleaning up after the event after all the players leave. Running a tournament can be stressful sometimes so when its finished i like to chill out for a couple of days.

But at the same time when i go and play events i like to see the results posted in a timely manner, so i dont push but i also try to post mine in a timely manner.

I say give them a week before you really start hounding TDs, most of us go back to our 9 to 5s after the weekend.
I do applaud Bluff though, his events are huge and has his posted the day of or day after. I will strive to post sooner.
my tournament isnt until the 30th, but I got my spreadsheet made and ready to go, it will end at midnight, and I will turn the scores in before 6am

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
No Low Putt Lloyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that i have waited a week before posting
> results before, and sometimes I've done it the day
> after. To be honest that is the last thing I'm
> thinking about after running an event, especially
> a big one. I am beat, getting the courses ready,
> waking up at the crack of dawn to get tournament
> central set up. the TD is usually at the park
> cleaning up after the event after all the players
> leave. Running a tournament can be stressful
> sometimes so when its finished i like to chill out
> for a couple of days.
>
> But at the same time when i go and play events i
> like to see the results posted in a timely manner,
> so i dont push but i also try to post mine in a
> timely manner.
>
> I say give them a week before you really start
> hounding TDs, most of us go back to our 9 to 5s
> after the weekend.

I would like to think the event is not over until everything is finished. No job is finished until the paper work is done. Finish the event then kick back and be done with it.
My event ended yesterday at midnight(it was a glow tournament), it is now 11pm on easter day mind you, less than 24 hours after the tournament. My Spreadsheet results have been sent in to SN in under 24 hours and SN contacted by phone to let them know the results were in their email inbox, they were posted in tournament forum 1 hour after the tournament was over, and my SN fee's were paid in under 24 hours. If I can do it, so can the rest. It took me all of 15 min to enter my info into the spreadsheet I pre-made before the tournament, and I didnt take any pre-registration. This is what I would like to see happen when I play a tournament (FYI-Kernan's results were up in this amount of time as well). 24 hours should really be the standard.

Re: Lame TDs who don't turn in results: shouldn't the SN not allow them to sanction anymore?
April 01, 2013 08:18AM
Ryan, who did you send the results to?
HDGA events are always sent in and dues paid before the last person leaves the park.
I sent the results to Allan Morrow

15 minutes? I am pretty good with a computer and it took me about an hour to 2 hours. That event also had about 45 people less than my event though. If you have your computer at the event and enter it at the event, it should take 15 minutes after the event. Did you incorporate the payouts and everything to your excel file and assign formulas to double check your math?

niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My event ended yesterday at midnight(it was a glow
> tournament), it is now 11pm on easter day mind
> you, less than 24 hours after the tournament. My
> Spreadsheet results have been sent in to SN in
> under 24 hours and SN contacted by phone to let
> them know the results were in their email inbox,
> they were posted in tournament forum 1 hour after
> the tournament was over, and my SN fee's were paid
> in under 24 hours. If I can do it, so can the
> rest. It took me all of 15 min to enter my info
> into the spreadsheet I pre-made before the
> tournament, and I didnt take any pre-registration.
> This is what I would like to see happen when I
> play a tournament (FYI-Kernan's results were up in
> this amount of time as well). 24 hours should
> really be the standard.
I wrote the spreadsheet before the tournament, with formula's for everything, All I had to do was type in names and 2 rd scores, and that was it.
I just sent you the results as well ZACH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013