Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ratings Fee...would you pay?

Posted by M Russell 
Re: Ratings Fee...would you pay?
April 01, 2013 03:25PM
[www.pdga.com]

Grass roots is for promoting disc golf period...not just SN and I appreciate them greatly because they helped out a lot with my event and it wouldn't have been possible without them.
April 01, 2013 03:29PM
Because SN is going down hill and somethings gotta change. I have said this same crap for years and its still getting smaller.

Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dustin morris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You are exactly correct Dillon. But why is our
> > series wasting our money for their series when
> > they could care less about SN? Doesn't matter
> the
> > reason why it was dual sanctioned. PDGA is
> better
> > in every way in my opinion and I don't think I
> > could be convinced otherwise. Except costing
> less
> > what does SN offer that PDGA doesn't?
>
> Then why host events or play events? Just go play
> pdga events and quit clogging up the forum with
> the constant Bullchit you keep spouting off about.
> It old! It tired! It's the same crap! You just
> reword it......
April 01, 2013 03:29PM
I am talking about the grassroots of ANY sporting program. You are so busy trying to be right, you are waaaaaay wrong. Really cloudy today, hugh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 03:33PM by wayneacree.
April 01, 2013 03:31PM
It had the ratings which was good but then they didn't utilize the ratings so it was pointless. Keith, do you honestly thing SN has grown in the past 2-3 years?
April 01, 2013 03:33PM
???

wayneacree Wrote:
> grass
April 01, 2013 03:34PM
do you honestly thing SN has grown in the past 2-3 years?

Yes it has. Attendance has been really good at the tournaments up here.
April 01, 2013 03:47PM
Dustin, It has grown where I live. It has grown 1 million time from where it started. You can't find a date on the schedule page that does not conflict with a event some where. All I am saying if you think the SN is going down hill than do 1 of 2 thing. Join the BoD and help fix it or play only pdga events and get off this forum with your gloom and doom attitude....But please for the love of God and my and everyone's else's sanity STFU about how great the pdga is!!!!!

A wise man once said if you are not part of the salutation, you are part of the problem!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
April 01, 2013 04:08PM
I am the type of person that realizes I am wrong some times and asks for others opinions. I am just asking, as a player, what can SN provide me that PDGA doesn't? And please don't name off a retailer that hosts both sanctioning events. If you would like, I can give you a few days to think on it and you can get back with me. Or maybe you can make a list of SN pros and I can make a list of PDGA pros and we could compare. I should be biased towards SN since I play in way more SN events. If you have issues with my posts, just don't read them or ignore them.
April 01, 2013 04:17PM
You are comparing apples to oranges...the only thing to 2 have in common is they both play disc golf.......NOTHING ELSE.....they are not K-Mart and Wal-Mart. They are not McDonald's and Burger king. SN was NEVER set up to be the pDGA or take the place of the pDGA. It was set up to be what it is. Something for people to do away from work and have fun doing it! We don't pay anyone to promote the series. We don't pay anyone to be "President" of the series. So comparing they 2 are dumb. Just plain dumb!

[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
April 01, 2013 04:39PM
Dustin, you just have to understand where Keith is coming from. He doesn't want the SN to be successful or modern because he's such a caveman he doesn't even have indoor plumbing. School? Please, not for Keith. They try to make you think there! That's the last thing Keith wants is to think.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2013 05:19PM
By the way Dustin, the attendance at SN Events is up significantly this season. If you don't believe me, take a few minutes and add up the attendance from this season to last..I know it takes more time than tossing out a wrong opinion, but hey, you said yourself the SN should try to get better, so why not set an example? Try to stick to the facts or you'll end up looking as foolish as Keith, who still thinks the world is flat.

What can the SN provide that the pDGA can't? It provides 3 awesome championships that players don't have to pay anything extra to play in, versus the pDGA where you have to be a member and pay the cost of a pDGA membership ($55 or $75).
April 01, 2013 05:24PM
Dear John:

Everyone else is part of the problem.

Keith Bodin Wrote:
> A wise man once said if you are not part of the
> salutation, you are part of the problem!
April 01, 2013 06:08PM
OOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO How will I ever sleep again Gawd Almighty has called me names!!!! What shall I ever do?!?!? No worries when he get tired of this thread he will delete it also so no one will ever be able to quote Gawd Almighty! If progress is letting you run SN, then yes I would rather it stay where it is!

Gawd Almighty
That's the last thing Keith wants is to think.

That coming from a postal worker......Talk about pot and kettle!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 06:10PM by Keith Bodin.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2013 08:07PM
Dude have you seen our new uniforms?

Now that's progress!

Step into the 21st century already.
April 01, 2013 10:57PM
You know what the SN Can offer you that the PDGA Can't. Tournaments almost every weekend all within traveling distance. Different kinds of tournaments,( I mean when was the last Glow/ LED PDGA tournament?) Lifelong friendships, and a community of disc golfers, devoted to disc golf, not profits and sponsors. And the ability to create your own thing in your own way in your area. PDGA tournaments might have great payouts, and good competition, but they are lacking in good times.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 02, 2013 06:01AM
They are in traveling distance because you are in SN Land. Also, SN just started allowing bogus tournament formats this year. Its whatever though, time will tell if this series will last and I am thinking with the newer generation getting older, it will lean to a more competitive series. Just sucks that every time someone wants to bring up an issue on this forum about this series or any concerns at all for that matter, they have to get dissed by the same people that worship SN.

niklpenny Wrote:
> You know what the SN Can offer you that the PDGA
> Can't. Tournaments almost every weekend all within
> traveling distance. Different kinds of
> tournaments,( I mean when was the last Glow/ LED
> PDGA tournament?) Lifelong friendships, and a
> community of disc golfers, devoted to disc golf,
> not profits and sponsors. And the ability to
> create your own thing in your own way in your
> area. PDGA tournaments might have great payouts,
> and good competition, but they are lacking in good
> times.
Anonymous User
April 02, 2013 06:22AM
I agree with you there Dustin, there is a loud contingent of over the hill fogies who don't respect want the younger players want.
April 02, 2013 09:08AM
I have no desire to pay TWICE to play in tournaments. I don't want a PDGA number, unless I am playing in some "Extra Special" tournament that they are running(somewhere on vacation, not around here).

As far as "being in the SN land", it is a privilege to have all of these tournaments close to home. Some people just can't ever be satisfied.
See you guys at the next "bogus tournament".
April 02, 2013 09:24AM
Wayne.....I said bogus tournament format. As in the roc run being able to be SN sanctioned if desired. The same thing you complained about a few months ago.
April 02, 2013 09:33AM
I was referring to the Buzzz stampede, not the roc run. NOBODY wants the roc run to be sanctioned...EVER. We try to make the roc run more about fun and less about structure.
April 02, 2013 09:34AM
Pay twice to be in a tournament? Yes if you are not a member you have to pay extra. You also get subscribed to the discgolfer magazine, get a disc sent to you, a membership card that has discounts on hotels, allows you to have a rating, and allows you to be able to play in higher level tournaments that SN can not really provide (A-tiers,NT's, Worlds). Keep in mind that the SNPC is usually a B-tier event. If you ever stay in a hotel you can get your money back from your membership.
April 02, 2013 09:40AM
I get all of those perks without paying extra. Except the disc and magazine, which I don't need either of those. None of that stuff impresses me enough to get off the toilet. Any other reason for someone to pay TWICE to play in a tournament with crappy payouts?

April 02, 2013 09:55AM
I don't want to get into an argument about PDGA vs SN because they are two very different things. I do feel however that if disc golf is going to grow to what most pro players want that the PDGA will be the reason behind it not the SN. I pay my membership to do my part to hopefully move the sport forward. I wish the SN would implement a membership. Even if it is just $20 (have to have a bagtag) can you imagine what our SNPC could be if we had that.
April 02, 2013 10:02AM
How do you get all of those perks without paying extra? All of those were perks for being a PDGA member.

wayneacree Wrote:
> I get all of those perks without paying extra.
> Except the disc and magazine, which I don't need
> either of those. None of that stuff impresses me
> enough to get off the toilet. Any other reason
> for someone to pay TWICE to play in a tournament
> with crappy payouts?
>
> [img10.glitterfy.com]
> _toilet.gif
April 02, 2013 10:46AM
Also, PDGA has more restrictions on TD's and certain qualifications on the Tier levels. Which helps the players to know what to expect at an event.
April 02, 2013 11:42AM
Kinda lost on the "bogus tournament format" At the Stampede everyone played in their respected division, everyone played the same course, payed out as any other event. Played 2 rounds of 18 holes. If that was a bogus tournament then any event ran on a course with a Mando sign or having an object in play that is not part of the terrain is a bogus tournament. I play my share of PDGA and SN events support both of them as best I can. Disc golf to me is for entertainment only. If the SN or PDGA no longer exists for whatever reason, I promise you that people will still be playing golf in Tupelo, Memphis, New Orleans....all over everywhere. I think it's awesome that I can play an event every weekend of the year if I want and most of the time not have to travel 200 miles to do so. There has been a lot of ground work laid over the years for the SN to be a somewhat success. There have been several times that we have taken a step backwards after achieving success but live and learn.
April 02, 2013 12:26PM
A bogus tournament format is any tournament that adds a variable that could be easily avoided and doesn't accurately determine skill. I am not saying it wasn't fun because I wanted to go and I am 100% sure I would have had a great time. Should that event carry weight like a regular event? No. Maybe SN should come up with something like tiers that certain tournaments would be labeled and carry more weight than others. Like PDGA has X-tiers (a tier to try new stuff).
April 02, 2013 12:30PM
SN could offer a ratings format and leave it up to TDs whether or not they inforce it (with prior notice) at their tournament. Why dive into something when we have plenty of opportunities to test the waters.
April 02, 2013 12:47PM
Eventually sn tds will have an accessable data base (spread sheet) to handle tounament sign ups, scoring, payout and ratings. At that point there will be no extra work involved to compute ratings so extra $ will be a moot point. Paper work can be significantly reduced, posting will be a click away, and payouts will become uniform among our tounaments. At chris pierce's tourneys you know your rating as soon as u finish the round.
April 02, 2013 01:16PM
A bogus tournament format is any tournament that adds a variable that could be easily avoided and doesn't accurately determine skill. I am not saying it wasn't fun because I wanted to go and I am 100% sure I would have had a great time.

So pretty much all events are bogus by that definition. Longer pin positions for a second round...could easily be avoided...90% of mandos could be easily avoided. Point im making is the name you have come up with " bogus Tournies" probably not the best name.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013