Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ratings Fee...would you pay?

Posted by M Russell 
Re: Ratings Fee...would you pay?
April 02, 2013 02:37PM
I guess you could if you took it to a degree that the arguement shouldn't have been brought to. I was making reference to the roc run, Wayne was making reference to your event. So if these events that you only use 1 disc proves your skill and carries as much weight as any other event. This playing format should be eligable for the SNAC and SNPC, correct? Or maybe, play one round at dark at the championships. Well, you can't at the SNPC because its pdga sanctioned and they have regulations against that for good reasons. < yes, these remarks are not very reasonable nor were the references that you brought up. But I know that you know exactly what I am talking about because you said, "Point im making is the name you have come up with " bogus Tournies" probably not the best name." Yes it wasn't the best name but you and wayne knew exactly what I was refering to because yall brought up the events I had in mind.
April 02, 2013 02:42PM
no actually you and Wayne brought up the events you had in mind. I only responded to the Stampede being called a bogus event.
April 02, 2013 03:15PM
I didn't say anything about the stampede until you said something about it.
April 02, 2013 04:29PM
But its ok Zack, I know your a nice guy and it being sanctioned is a good thing because it raises more money for SN. I think we just need to have levels of events, like pdga has tiers. That could help a lot of player decide to come to that event or not and possibly have different tier pros (this is not from pdga). Say we just label ours lvl 1,2,and 3. To be a lvl 3 pro, you would have to cash in a lvl 3 event. If you cash in a lvl 3 event you must play pro in all lvls. but if you are a lvl 1 or 2 pro you could possible be eligable to play a lower divsion depending on what lvl event you cashed in. this would allow players to test out the waters without turning down cash at smaller events. Something to think about that I do not think has been brought up inthe past.
Anonymous User
April 02, 2013 04:57PM
Not only has that been brought up before oh young unlearned one Dustin, your heroes at the pDGA actually tried that for a couple years.

Think it was successful? I'll give you a hint, does the pDGA still have that format? the pDGA called it "Pro 2".

I find your musings on the structure of competition surprisingly droll. Do continue.
April 02, 2013 05:37PM
So you say my tournament was a Bogus tournament, because I had a night round? You wanna test skill, play disc golf in the woods at night. Trust me it wasn't near bogus homie. There were hundreds of glowsticks in the fairways, the baskets were lit up with foam led baton, you could easily see from hundreds of feet away. I even lit up the tee signs. Oh and did I mention the prize's...I didn't?..well let's see I had players pack with a disc that was new to everybody, oh and a car decal, as well. And ooh ooh, I had 16 first round CTP'S, 5 of which was straight cash and 2 first round longest putt's. I had an acepot, I raffled off a bag that hasn't even come out yet, I had Hot round Special disc for the 2nd round, and as well as some CD's to give out. We had pizza and beer and soda and water and music, people were there for 16 hours had a great f'ing time, and not 1 person complained about anything. Don't call my ish Bogus ever again my dude.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Anonymous User
April 03, 2013 12:54AM
Your ish is bogus dude. Playing in the woods at night don't test a da mn thing but luck.

Go throw some more andhyzers as you call them. I just wanna know did you light up all 20 of your discs? LOL.
April 03, 2013 06:06AM
Yes there is more challenge at night playing disc golf. But so is playing baseball with a blindfold. So, as a TD, you supplied or known players were drinking beer during a sanctioned event?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 06:46AM by dustin morris.
April 03, 2013 06:19AM
Did you get approval through Fort Buhlow Park to allow alcoholic beverages?
April 03, 2013 06:51AM
Did yall have a waiver that allowed all of this to happen in the case there was an accident? I am pretty sure that the park does not want to be held accountable for discgolfers being intoxicated in the dark throwing frisbees.
April 03, 2013 06:54AM
And who knows? You might be the park manager. But I am just curious on the regulations of one of these events.
April 03, 2013 08:08AM
And Dillon shows that He knows NOTHING about Disc Golf AGAIN!!!
April 03, 2013 09:42AM
I had a waiver, and 2 million dollars in insurance, permission, from the park, and you can drink in between rounds, just not during the actual gameplay. and oh both of ya'll are about as dumb as it gets.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 03, 2013 10:28AM
Ryan, I made the remark at the end that I was just curious about the regulation. I will probably be hosting an event some time in a state park and I was just curious. Was the insurance provided through the park or did you have to provide insurance? Also, do you think that insurance would cover any intoxicated player that got hurt at your event? I have never known an insurance company covering anything for an intoxicated fault. Also, when argueing/discussing an issue, it is always better not to call people names. When I said bogus format, it wasn't offensive in my point of view and I am sorry if you or zack took it that way. It just seems like all of the "bogus" formats would never be used at a high caliber event but yet it holds the same standards as any other event.
April 03, 2013 11:42AM
When I said bogus format, it wasn't offensive in my point of view and I am sorry if you or zack took it that way. It just seems like all of the "bogus" formats would never be used at a high caliber event but yet it holds the same standards as any other event.

you never seen a round from the USDGC? pretty high caliber...use things such as hay bales to for islands to land on ...a bamboo wall to throw over. Miles and miles of ropes to navigate through.
I took no offense to your statement at all. People are allowed their own opinion. But there are plenty of events PDGA or SN every year that fall into your bogus category.
April 03, 2013 11:45AM
But haybails, ropes and things of that matter are different than hoola hoops, putting a tent around the basket, tieing up the chains, and things of that sort
April 03, 2013 12:09PM
WOW....just WOW

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 03, 2013 01:42PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013