Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Ratings Fee...would you pay?
March 27, 2013 09:16PM
Ok, I know this has been discussed many many times but I wanted to see again. Would you pay $1 per tourney for a good rating system? Just answer yes or no.... no discussion on this thread please.
Re: Ratings Fee...would you pay?
March 27, 2013 09:16PM
Yes!
March 27, 2013 09:21PM
Yes
March 28, 2013 05:18AM
March 28, 2013 08:45AM
Hell No!

BMB
March 28, 2013 09:13AM
Yes if used to determine division.

No if used to just know your rating.
March 28, 2013 09:27AM
^^^^ What Dustin said.............I don't see a need in paying for a ratings system if your not going to use the numbers for anything. They have zero meaning to them if your just creating them to have a number.

Link them to a division requirement. *It will not completely stop the bagging, but can hopefully cut it down* TD's with smart phones can easily look up a player if needed on ratings.

Rankings among the SN can be determined from them. Instead of money list winners............because that is a bunch of bogus numbers when someone has won $3,000 in a season but half of that was from players packs, lunch, ctp, ace pots, etc . . . added to inflate their numbers.
*People like to see how they are ranked and where they stand among players*
March 28, 2013 10:06AM
^^^^ Yup. Like the idea of ratings meaning something.
March 28, 2013 10:45AM
No.
March 28, 2013 10:47AM
Not a chance

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 28, 2013 11:09AM
I think you can limit this down. Newer generation wants it. Older generation doesn't.
March 28, 2013 12:27PM
Yes. Age 53. Offered to do them for a dollar 3 years ago.
[www.sndg.org]

Don't think ratings should be used for mandatory division placement until they are published for at least a year and only then if widely accepted as a good measure of skill.

TD's rule.
March 28, 2013 12:50PM
never......I think Dustin meant older generation relative to disc golf and not so much to age....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 28, 2013 01:32PM
Playing on baskets for ~16 years and objects (including baskets) for ~37 years.
March 28, 2013 02:01PM
You are an exception Mr. Jazz.
March 28, 2013 02:03PM
For those saying you wouldn't pay, what would that mean for you if SN did implement a ratings system and increased it's fee by $1? If you're a TD, would you stop holding SN sanctioned events? Or if you're a player, would you stop attending them? Just curious what the impact would be.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
March 28, 2013 02:19PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are an exception Mr. Jazz.

Thank you. I've been noticing that my whole life, for better and worse. I think the DG age distinction is like most generalizations about people. It may be statistically significant but the real reasons are numerous details a big chore to catalog. It's the low value of a dollar, player entertainment value and the COURSE RATINGS value that = a "yes" IMO.
March 28, 2013 06:03PM
Yes. I'm also old.
March 28, 2013 07:33PM
I would and like disc jazz offered to do it for .25 cents a player per tournament. But I don't see the point if they are not used for anything but entertainment
March 28, 2013 11:52PM
Flash back to my ratings Imaginary Interview of head.

Re: Questions
April 22, 2012 02:13PM
<[www.sndg.org];
March 29, 2013 07:49AM
Not sure why we didn't just do a real interview. Haha this is never going to happen in SN do this topic is dead. I hate it but it is. The SN will never force people to move up which to me is rediculous
Anonymous User
March 29, 2013 08:05AM
Head if you would bother to look at the data you might notice that ratings for alleged baggers would not force anyone (that i know at least) to move up.

But don't let facts get in the way of hysteria, keep presenting your arguments without data and just go by your guesses, that is what passes for science in your neck of the woods I suppose LOL
March 29, 2013 08:15AM
If the BOD mandated a premium for ratings it would simply be an increase in the sanctioning fee and I would add it to the cost of the tournament. I see a real value in running a sanctioned event that would outweigh an additional cost of ratings should it come to that. My "No" answer is because of my complete indifference to ratings whether applied to courses or players. To me the SNDG is a recreational league which provides a structured environment to maximize the opportunities for disc golfers to compete on the weekend, pool their money, get some exercise, have some fun and see who is the better player.

Gary Wagoner
March 29, 2013 11:06AM
Bluff the ratings that I did also did not force anyone up. Actually the opposite. According to PDGA guidelines there are more players playing up a division in the SN. I'm
Just saying that the ratings are useless even if someone was playing down because we will never force anyone to move up. I for one agree with you that this series is slightly going backwards. I don't see that changing though. The SN will never be the key for disc golf to get "big" which I also do not think will ever happen.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2013 11:28AM
Where did I say this series was going backwards?

I find it amazing how many people lately have attributed quotes to me that they imagined I said but didn't.

But to answer Mr. Russell's question, are ratings worth paying for? To me, no, but if you ask the pDGA they might tell you that a not insignificant percentage of their new memberships sold at $55 a pop are in part due to players who want a rating.
March 29, 2013 01:39PM
Sorry for the misquote you didn't say backwards. You said lower level of hell. Which translates to backwards to me.
March 29, 2013 01:45PM
> Well Jazz, since Kittrell is apparently stepping
> down, the SN is going to need some big help to
> keep the likes of Hogman & Eric from running this
> series straight into the lowest level of hell. The
> lies they've told on this thread should be a red
> flashing warning signal to southern disc golfers
> that their beloved SN is about to turned into a
> big huge bag of excremental nonsense.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2013 02:00PM
Awesome, you didn't even edit my quote. I appreciate you using the actual data and not your faulty memory of the data.
March 29, 2013 02:07PM
Didn't want to misquote ya this time
March 29, 2013 04:34PM
For the purposes of this thread, I meant that the rating system would be used for classification purposes. Granted, I'm pretty new to dg but can't understand who wouldn't be for this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013