Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Less than 3 division proposal

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Less than 3 division proposal
March 30, 2013 06:30PM
I would like to make a suggestion to the SN BOD to offer players playing in recognized age protected divisions with less than 3 players to compete in the non age protected division and still get their points and any benefits (CTPs, player packages) for the age protected division.

Here are some examples;
Pro Grand Master
Adv. Grand Master
Pro Master Women

I just can't see people showing up to a tournament and wanting to play by themselves or one other person simply to get a few points and sometimes letting someone in the regular non age protected division having to compete by themselves.

Thoughts?
Re: Less than 3 division proposal
March 30, 2013 08:06PM
Keep in mind I do not have a rule for this, however back a few years ago this question was asked. The person asking was told that if they had been forced to play in another division (do to division not being offered) there points could be placed in their normal division as long as the T.D. sent in the results showing it. The only issue with this is that many times the T.D.'s simply forgot about it and the person had to keep going back and asking JK to fix the results, more of a headache then an issue, but just a heads up. As far as I know this is fine to do, but as said I have no rule to back up the answer.
Anonymous User
March 30, 2013 08:22PM
I'm asking this to be implemented into the rules and practiced often.
March 30, 2013 08:22PM
There are WAY toooo many divisions offered as it is. Make grand master start at 60.

Terry Zeringue
March 30, 2013 08:49PM
No i think your off.....by that thinking let's make everyone under 40 and over 16 play one division in ams. when you are 60 you shouldn't play against the young buck that are 50.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 30, 2013 09:03PM
The divisions get so watered down. Plus, once you are 60, I said then play grand master

Terry Zeringue
March 30, 2013 10:27PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm asking this to be implemented into the rules
> and practiced often.

Okay, You might shoot me a reminder next Wednesday before the meeting and I'll bring it up again.
March 31, 2013 08:33AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> No i think your off.....by that thinking let's
> make everyone under 40 and over 16 play one
> division in ams. when you are 60 you shouldn't
> play against the young buck that are 50.

ZInger wrote:
There are WAY toooo many divisions offered as it is. Make grand master start at 60.

Dont worry about ol zinger Keith...He WILL be old like us one day...he might get it then.

JABBA
April 01, 2013 02:03AM
Kinda Sucks, but what can you do, I had 1 Intermediate Woman and 1 Pro Senior Grandmaster Woman show up for my tournament. No Matter what they both had to play their division alone regardless of what card they ended up on. They both automatically won their divisions, but due to fee's, actually won less than they paid to enter. I couldn't lump them in with the men. I have been tossing around the idea that if there are not at least 2 people in a division, then that division is no longer a competitive division. You can choose to play a different division, or you can stay in that division and get your points, but there will be no payout for 1 person divisions. I like the idea of maybe just combining, so if 1 grandmaster shows, and 1 master, i put them and their entry together, and create a payout, but I score them and award points to there regular division. This way I could have combined the 2 lady's, and if the pro won made a cash payout, and if the Am won, plastic payout.No matter what both of them could only get 2 points, but At least there would be some kinda payout offered.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
April 02, 2013 12:58PM
I don't play many tournaments these days, but when I consider playing one, I will look at the history of the grandmaster division. I might consider masters, depending on the courses, but won't play open. It would be OK to play open or masters and get PGM points. Then again, I play so few tournaments it really doesn't matter to me.

As far as making grandmasters 60 plus, I thought the SN mirrored the PDGA divisions, at least somewhat.
May 31, 2013 04:54PM
niklpenny Wrote:
> Kinda Sucks, but what can you do, I had 1
> Intermediate Woman and 1 Pro Senior Grandmaster
> Woman show up for my tournament. No Matter what
> they both had to play their division alone
> regardless of what card they ended up on. They
> both automatically won their divisions, but due to
> fee's, actually won less than they paid to enter.
> I couldn't lump them in with the men. I have been
> tossing around the idea that if there are not at
> least 2 people in a division, then that division
> is no longer a competitive division. You can
> choose to play a different division, or you can
> stay in that division and get your points, but
> there will be no payout for 1 person divisions. I
> like the idea of maybe just combining, so if 1
> grandmaster shows, and 1 master, i put them and
> their entry together, and create a payout, but I
> score them and award points to there regular
> division. This way I could have combined the 2
> lady's, and if the pro won made a cash payout, and
> if the Am won, plastic payout.No matter what both
> of them could only get 2 points, but At least
> there would be some kinda payout offered.

why not just do away with all age, skill or gender protected divisions then and make people all play in one lumped group? why should other "skill" levels stay protected (advanced, intermediate or rec)?
it's not our fault if no one else shows up to play in our regular division, but yet you want to punish us because we were the only person there...hmm. that would really make me want to come back to that tournament.
May 31, 2013 05:13PM
If we did that we wouldn't have the Masters tournament next weekend at the hill for us old folks.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
June 03, 2013 10:04AM
My only issue with points counting for a division that they're not "playing" in at a tournaments is this, most age protected divisions are smaller therefore lower point value for the winners. If someone plays in advanced and finishes 20th in a 40 person field they're bringing ~21 points to the age protected division. That's about as many as you'll ever get playing in some of the biggest SN tourneys in an age protected division and taking first. ~28 is the biggest I can recall seeing in Advanced Masters. I think the howler is bigger but I haven't made that one yet. Other that that ... it's not that big a deal I guess.
Anonymous User
June 03, 2013 11:00AM
Joe Kool,

The most points you could be awarded is 3. Two for playing and one for the other age protected player agreeing to play in the unprotected division that you beat. This rule is currently in affect for anyone who wants to use it, just be sure to tell the TD to make note of it. I know it's only 2 or 3 points but sometimes that could make all the difference in a points race.
June 04, 2013 08:58AM
People count points...what for vanity?!!! If that is the case, then why don't they reverse it; less points wins on %. As for less than 3,have been doing that for Decades...Most ALLways would rather play in a larger field (tend to play better w/ more competition)!
June 04, 2013 08:58PM
Like I said, wayyyyyy to many divisions

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013