Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Divisions, Baggers, Championships, & more

Posted by niklpenny 
Re: Divisions, Baggers, Championships, & more
May 01, 2013 08:36PM
HAHA.......so you and Allan/Hogman have held the same office.....Now go delete a post or h e l l go delete a whole thread.....Remember you ARE gawd almighty.....

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
May 01, 2013 08:42PM
@zinger, States is at Buhlow this year, the waterway commission requires a 2 million dollar plus insurance certificate, with a bunch of expensive line items. The one SN event I held, I paid for the insurance outta my own pocket, but I cannot afford to purchase insurance for a 100 plus person tournament. The PDGA provides this insurance to all events it sanctions. Part of the non-member fee gets you covered by this insurance for the day. That is why states will be sanctioned, and that is where you money goes.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Anonymous User
May 01, 2013 08:56PM
Hogman has never been the pDGA State Coordinator. I don't think he can even spell pDGA.
May 01, 2013 09:03PM
I am now Kerdog!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
May 01, 2013 09:04PM
I thought I smelled something.
May 01, 2013 09:24PM
HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER!

2014 can noY get here fast enough!

Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 09:39PM by Keith Bodin.
Anonymous User
May 01, 2013 09:30PM
Is that when you'll finally finish your G.E.D.?
May 01, 2013 09:44PM
yea...ok i will ply along.....next?

Alxtgr
May 01, 2013 10:19PM
Just to let everybody know what happened to my term as the PDGA Coordinator for Louisiana:

Shortly after the Red River Revel several things happened that had a great effect on my outlook on life, family and disc golf.

First, my father came close to being killed in an accident while returning to New Mexico from the Revel. I had asked him to come to this one....my first as a TD....to play against a fairly large field of SGM/Legends. He won....beat Marvin McVay...that meant a lot to both of us. I was really proud. The next day I received a phone call....from Dad...he had broken several vertebrae...car was totaled....he was lucky as hell. Seven months later he is still not the same....this from a man that has been heavily involved in sports and sports science for all his life. I saw him the other day....he threw well most of the time...but there were times that I could tell he was in a lot of pain. I know that I shouldn't blame myself....but he would not have been there in the first place if I would not have called to invite him.

Secondly, my wife has a medical condition which requires multiple medications. About the same time, she began having extreme pain in her abdomen on a daily basis. We spent days upon days getting blood work and spent a little time at the hospital. Nobody could tell what the problem was....MRI's, CT Scans, almost got to exploratory surgery. She even spent a day in the hospital in Birmingham, Alabama while we were visiting family. Finally, somebody suggested that one or more of her meds could have been causing problems with her pancreas. So far, that fix has worked.

Then...I went through two Federal Audits at work..... USPF&O and National Guard Bureau Audits.....digging and digging and digging.....with Auditor Attitudes. These were over just last month.

On top of the audits....I strained my back....not by playing golf....or lifting heavy items in the warehouse....but by SHAVING. Yep....shaving. I put my blade down and turned to the right to get into the shower......ended up on the floor. Couldn't walk without pain for two months.

With all this going on, I had to prioritize....disc golf got the nasty end of the stick. Made a couple of phone calls and emails to Brian Graham....and my term was ended. I could not find anybody at that time to take the job.

Last week, Allan Morrow emailed me and asked....I pointed him towards Brian....and for the good of the PDGA, Louisiana now has a rep again. I think that Allan will do a fine job....just as I think that Mike K. could do it....and Keith Bodin.

I see all the arguments about which is better....PDGA....SN....PDGA....SN.

I've been to SN tourneys that are run as well as any PDGA. I've also see poorly run tourneys on each side.

It's a game, people.....just a game.

I've just now begun to throw again....I've played a total of three rounds since December. I hope to see you out there soon.

Take care,

Alan Byrd
May 02, 2013 07:47AM
Mike, you quit the ratings when you didn't get your way, what's your point?

Terry Zeringue
Anonymous User
May 02, 2013 08:19AM
The point is that you should encourage the SN to grow and improve, rather than sit there and make excuses for why you can't do it.

By the way I haven't quit doing the ratings, it's just that they're secret now. Maybe the next BoD will be smart and wise enough to bring them back.
May 02, 2013 11:08AM
Yep, it's been proven time and again. Wide open is the SN. Whether your pet issue is bagging, ratings, rules, accounting, a new web site, whatever, all it takes is one person to make it happen. Yes you might need to TD, BOD, build a consensus or do some work, but there is no excuse. No need to dog volunteers in the SN, just roll up your sleeves and have it your way.

Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The point is that you should encourage the SN to
> grow and improve, rather than sit there and make
> excuses for why you can't do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013