Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What happened to the SN Ratings thread?

Posted by BERNIE 
Re: What happened to the SN Ratings thread?
April 04, 2013 10:15PM
sing a new song

April 05, 2013 02:09PM
I think this one is kind of catchy! Especially the second verse:

Buddy you better pay your fees or you will get it
hard
Cause hell's broke loose in Mobile and we don't
want you on our cards
You had better pay up cause we know that you ain't
broke
And if you don't, you know you are a joooooooooooooke
April 05, 2013 02:25PM
blah blah blah.... don't snap like your buddy Kernan did!!!
April 05, 2013 03:24PM
Don't blame the club for your cheapness/laziness!
April 05, 2013 04:07PM
That thread is from almost 2 years ago..... all is paid... LONG ago. Can't help the ranting of crazy and /or vindictive people... nor do I care. Don't know what has set you off this time, but I am not surprised !!! you were given the explanation... if you don't like it... tough!!!!! Have a nice day.
April 08, 2013 03:57PM
Yep. I remember. Jim O didn't want your laziness/cheapness reflecting badly on the Mobile Disc Golf community. So he payed them for you.
April 08, 2013 05:53PM
I gave him the money and he pay-paedl it for me.... Blah Blah Blah... he did not pay. I did!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 05:54PM by Flyerbud.
April 11, 2013 07:08PM
Soooo.... has any headway been made to resolving the issue(s) that led to the ratings going away? I know there are more issues at work than most of us commoners are privy to but I think the longer they're gone the less likely they are to ever becoming something that the SNDG BOD consider using to set up a divisional breakout. Yes, I realize that that too is a controversial subject too but I think most of the newer golfers are looking for something like this to help with some divisional congestion at the top. A lot of the long time golfers are happy bagging in lower division stacking up discs. :)

Just figured I'd pose the question to see if there's been any headway.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2013 09:27PM
My impression of the "deciders" is that they're a bit distracted.

It's like this series is an airplane, and you have no idea what's going on in the cockpit...

To know what direction the SN will take is a guessing game.

Mr. Kool, the SN's current form of organization doesn't lend itself to rapid improvement. It hasn't changed at all in 10 years...only one person has served on the BoD for more than one term (maybe a couple did two terms in ten years)...that's John Kittrell. He's done an incredible unpaid amount of work for the SN over the years...it's tough to ask volunteers to handle the work of the SN for free, and that's why the series is run in the fashion it is. You can't expect people to work for free and have lasting success. A couple months ago Kittrell, I believe, got ticked off by one or two of the current volunteers (probably the same two you're thinking it is) and he's decided to focus on other things in life and so the current BoD doesn't quite know how to handle the controls.

I've been saying for years the SN needs to reform its organizational structure if it wants to take the next leap forward. Not that the SN is a joke like some people claim, it's not, it's great and a tremendous value compared to the pDGA. But it could be so much better, for the same cost, if the structure of the series was fixed. Some people like the SN just like it is...or they're scared of change, and they've been loud enough in the past to keep real reform from happening...I mean if you're a volunteer, fighting for the SN change when you won't directly profit from it just isn't worth the time.

The interesting thing about the SN though, is that if 4 people banded together they could easily stage a coup d'etat and do whatever the heck they wanted. I dare to say, the SN, if valued as a business, might be worth in the neighborhood of six figures. It's surprising to me that some of these young disc golf entrepreneurs haven't looked into the potential of taking this series over and diverting a portion of its revenue elsewhere. Sell ads here, form relationships with national sponsors, promote the sport directly, and bring in all kinds of revenue and just keep a little for your trouble.

But maybe the volunteer dog pilot is the way to go...
April 16, 2013 03:31PM
"A couple months ago Kittrell, I believe, got ticked off by one or two of the current volunteers (probably the same two you're thinking it is) and he's decided to focus on other things in life and so the current BoD doesn't quite know how to handle the controls."

I haven't participated as much the last couple months due to work to an increased work schedule (causing me to miss a couple meetings) and just plain apathy on my part. I didn't get upset at any of the current board members over anything. I do keep up with the SN treasurer side of thinks and my SN spreadsheet and threads regarding SN fees are updated as soon as I get SN fees from the TDs.

JOhn k
April 22, 2013 12:41AM
Dad gummit, I miss this sheeit. LMFAO, Mikey. :D
April 22, 2013 12:47AM
HaHA... you are missed as well.. Mr Ossa... hope all is well~ ( you do know he is crazy?? right?) LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 12:49AM by Flyerbud.
April 25, 2013 11:49AM
Lmao hilarious they even made a song about me that doesn't even fit me but thats ok people will swing from the cool guys nuts while we stay independent and not having to answer to none of this foolishness :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 12:37PM by Discdodger333.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013