Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Just Visiting
April 09, 2013 12:26PM
Hey guys. Just had a few questions about the courses around Pensacola. I'm visiting a friend and I thought I'd try and find a couple really nice courses to play while I'm there. I see you guys have quite a few to choose from. What are the top 5 courses in your opinion? Just as far as quality of the course and how fun it is to play. Thanks for the help guys!
Re: Just Visiting
April 09, 2013 01:57PM
You have a mix of everything at Blue Angel..... 3 - 18 hole courses with 2 tee pads......mostly low ceiling wood shots and some "new found" elevation....... Fun to play all 3.
Pirates Cove and Gator Links at Pensacola State College in Milton is one of my favorites around here with the addition of new pro pads...... 27 holes
April 09, 2013 02:04PM
/Thanks for the help. Do you happen to know of any that might be on or around a beach?
April 09, 2013 03:17PM
Blue Angel has it's own beach on Perdido Bay..... really cool place...there also a curse at Gulf Breeze on the way to Pensacola Beach... birdie fest and one of the best beaches in the world a few minites away!!!!!!!!
April 09, 2013 04:08PM
Sunset Park(Gulf Breeze) was in disarray last time I was out there, due to construction,...... But the PCola State College courses are about 25 minutes or so from Pcola Beach.
Anonymous User
April 09, 2013 06:15PM
Gulf Breeze is playable, just one hole is missing.
April 10, 2013 11:30AM
Gulf Breeze is my staple for P'cola Beach. It is 10 minutes from the beach and plays pretty quick. Great course too. It was in disarray last summer, glad to hear it is back up and running minus the one hole. You from that area Bluff? If so I'll have to hit you up, never played a round with a celebrity!! :)
Anonymous User
April 10, 2013 06:49PM
My dad lives across the sound from Gulf Breeze so I get to play there a few times a year. It's a sweet little course and it's definitely underrated.
April 10, 2013 07:59PM
the front 9 is really cool; the back 9 is a lot the same; just my opinion; of course blue angel is a must; again just my opinion.
April 11, 2013 01:17PM
I'm certainly jealous of your Dad. I would move there tomorrow if the wife would go. I agree on the statements about the course, front 9 awesome, back 9 a little bland but not terrible. Many courses are like that though. You just run of cool terrain to play on. I think the biggest example of that is in Tishimingo State Park, one of the best front 9's ever, back 9 is very bland. Warrior Run is a great course though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013